Trade down with Arizona (15th)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade down with Arizona (15th)?

Arizona is the only team in the NFL that I think absolutely has to take a QB this year (or sign a free agent). They have no one. After the first 6 picks we could have 4 QBs off the board so they will be looking to jump up into the mix. Here is the trade.

Arizona gets - #2 pick.

Giants get - #15, #47 and #111 this year, plus Arizona's first and 3rd round selection next year.

I think with this years draft being deep in a few of our key positions adding a 2nd round pick would be huge for us. Add in an extra 4th where we should still find some RBs available and it'll look good. Plus the picks for next year...awesome.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

trade down to 3 with the colts, or 4 first (with cleveland) if they want barkley?

then you got buffalo and arizona, to deal with, whoever did not go up to 3.........

just another idea.

arizona is definitely possible.
    but if the bills would give 21,22 and their first next year,.......... then it gets interesting.
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-12-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I'd do it. Arizona might have a top 5 pick next year.

Comment

Where these QB's rank after the combine as they line up to the draft is going to be a show in itself. Cleve, NY, Den, and Jets all need to go QB's. Cousins can only go to 1 team. Ariz and Buf definitely need a QB also. I'd much rather pick 15th and that would be our trading partner I would think than 21st. I don't want to go that far back to the 21st pick.

Comment

They would have to send their 1st round picks for the next 3 seasons and Patrick Peterson

Comment

If Kirk Cousin were smart, he'd go there.... But if he's smarter, he'll stay away because they will get bottom level offensive coaching, this late in the game.
            Long Live the King

Comment

Cousins in Den is the smart move for him. Great D & he has key players on O to hand the ball off to & throw to. Browns/Jets are QB graveyards. Az might be the next best place for him.

Comment

I agree that Denver is the best place for Kirk to go but it depends on if he wants to bigger payday the Browns/Jets can offer. An extra 25 million goes a long way to convincing someone to play for your team.

I do think some good players could fall to 15, but I'd rather take a guy in the top 5. Let's get one of the best players in the draft finally.
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  Arizona is the only team in the NFL that I think absolutely has to take a QB this year (or sign a free agent). They have no one. After the first 6 picks we could have 4 QBs off the board so they will be looking to jump up into the mix. Here is the trade.

Arizona gets - #2 pick.

Giants get - #15, #47 and #111 this year, plus Arizona's first and 3rd round selection next year.

I think with this years draft being deep in a few of our key positions adding a 2nd round pick would be huge for us. Add in an extra 4th where we should still find some RBs available and it'll look good. Plus the picks for next year...awesome.
                  Id do this in a second, but Arizona wouldn't. We'd have to give them more.

Comment

When the Rams traded the #2 pick a few years ago, they got 3 years 1st rounders and everyone killed them for it. Its one the worst trades in history. lol redskins

Comment

I've been hearing that Cousins is going to the highest bidder...Period. All that winning S..T is BS...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Arizona gets - #2 pick.

no way man,,to trade up that far to get the guy they want? the price you listed is not high enough,,it would be an awful trade for the giants.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

no way man,,to trade up that far to get the guy they want? the price you listed is not high enough,,it would be an awful trade for the giants.
                          I agree. I just don't think there is much precedent for a team moving up that high to compare it too. The Eagles gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th and a 1st, 3rd to move up from 8th to 2nd. We could possibly get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 1st, 2nd, 3rd. But honestly at some point it would be way too much for a team to give up. I would take a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 1st, 2nd if I wanted to go that route, which I wouldn't. I don't think I would trade out of the top 6.
                          "Next man up"

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

Exactly, Washington gave 3 1st rounders and a second...and they moved up from 6th.

Comment

What if we trade down a couple of times bit like the Browns did last year (I think with their 2nd pick?) we could say trade down with Jets, then trade down with one of Dolphins (who need a QB for me also) or even Cards. Could pick up a few extra picks that way

Comment

Working...
                              X