Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overrated Draft Prospects 2018, who may they be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated Draft Prospects 2018, who may they be?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fl-draft-class
    https://247sports.com/college/texas/...raft-115032096

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well, talk about going out on a limb.

What say you fellas?

Yes, absolutely to Conor Williams. Orlando Brown is another IMO. He seems like a clone of Flowers. Not that he is awful but just not a top OT in the draft. He is huge though.

Allen, Rosen and Darnold. They are talked about as sure fire top 5 picks and in the end I think Rudolph, Mayfield and Jackson can be better than all three of them.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Baker Mayfield. Nearly every throw I've seen him make has been to a wide open WR, he's rarely under center, and he plays against Big-12 defenses. He screams bust to me.

I'm also not a fan of Allen so far. I think folks want him to be Wentz, and he simply isn't.
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

QB:Josh Allen, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen
        OT:Mike McGlinchey, Jamarco Jones
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

So this article views Baker Mayfield as being the 10th most overrated 2018 prospect in this year's draft. I hope the new consultant for the Cleveland Browns doesn't see this article, lol.

Comment

I agree with their Mason Rudolph assessment. I just don't see how some draft evaluators (like https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL...pects-2018.asp) have him ranked as the 15th best player in the draft. The guy has a weak arm in his film. He can lob a ball quite well but the ball hangs in the air FOREVER. I think he's way overrated.

The other guys in the article I haven't seen enough of to have an opinion of them.

I don't like Connor Williams run blocking. He doesn't drive guys back. They disengage from his blocks then go around him.

Baker Mayfield may be a product of whatever system he gets into. He needs a specific team to draft him who will utilize his strength. If he gets plugged into a traditional NFL offense things will get dicey.

Comment

Personally, I think there are several overrated QBs in this class. Each 1 has a major drawback or multiple drawbacks.

- Rosen, who is the best passer by far, has serious medical question marks and some character issues that need to be probed.

- Darnold's film is mediocre in my view. The repeated huge mistakes he makes are often chalked up to his age, but I still see problems with his throwing motion as well as his happy feet. In part, this is why there are very legit questions about his ability to play in bad weather situations. People always assume mistakes can be "coached out" but that often isn't the case and selecting someone based on this is nothing short of a guess.

- Allen has accuracy issues which are usually a bad indicator going into the NFL, despite having extremely good measurables and arm strength. Still, if you look at QBs going into the NFL through history, accuracy is the most consistent indicator, and he doesnt have it.

- Baker Mayfield is an interesting prospect. Where Allen fails, in accuracy, Mayfield thrives. I have read reports that when adjusted for dropped passes his accuracy is above 77%, that is insane. Still, It is hard to call him overrated but it is equally hard to call him underrated. He isnt very tall and that hurts his prospects. People cite Drew Breeze and Russel Wilson. The problem there is both those guys have very high release points and Baker does not. Also unlike those guys, Baker also throws a very flat ball with high velocity. Short QBs with low release points and flat trajectory lead to a lot of batted passes. There is also an interesting film contradiction I have seen with him about his ability to read defenses. The system he plays in college is not a complex pro style passing scheme. It is a 1 read system and that often doesnt translate well, or has a long developmental stage for QBs coming into the NFL. That said, when the play breaks down and the 1 read isnt an option anymore, Baker seems to do downfield evaluations extremely well. He seems to locate well. So this may bode well for his ability to translate to multi read pro style offenses. Lastly, I think that there are some people here underplaying his off field issues. Those issues alone are going to make spending a top 10 pick on him a big risk.I stil lthink someone will do it and I would much rather we take a swing on him, rather than Darnold. Still, I do not see a true top 5 talent in either of these guys.

- Lamar Jackson I actually think he is underrated. I have said this before but this kid is a better passer than people are giving credit. He plays and thrives in an actual NFL style offense with multiple reads. The value of that cannot be over stated. His arm strength is very good.This kid is a better prospect than Michael Vick was coming out and Vick was taken #1 overall. There are legit concerns about his spindly build and his mechanics can break down on the run with intermediate passes. Still, I think there is a very real chance that he is selected before AT LEAST 1 of the other 4 QB prospects that people are fawning over. In fact, I have a feeling he will be traded up for by someone because his production is just too good to overlook. Provided no red flags at the combine, someone will fall in love with him.
              Last edited by BlueSanta; 02-14-2018, 01:39 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...b92961e51.html

Comment

Finally.....I was going to make this thread but I didn't want my stalker coming in here messing things up....Hahaha

My absolute bust warning:

Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan - This guy is Erick Flowers part 2. Big for nothing, has all the physical traits, but his technique sucks.....Another lunging OT who often misses on his initial punch and allows quick defenders to sneak past him.

He can't stop a DE with multiple moves.....He got abused by TJ Watt last year if you watch his tape vs. Wisconsin.....He has NO BUSINESS PLAYING LEFT TACKLE.

He needs to be converted to RT or Guard...but I doubt he does well at any tackle spot. He's also slipping down draft boards, so I suspect people started watching his tape after Senior Bowl.

Someone must have taken TJ Watt's highlight tape and changed the name

Long Live the King

Comment

17 ORLANDO BROWN

Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma

The Los Angeles Chargers began the 2017 NFL season with an 0-4 record, which is a mark that no team has come back from and made the playoffs. Well, the Chargers certainly made a run at it, and were not technically eliminated until Week 17. It was an incredible run for a team with a lot of youth heading into next season, though that does not include the man under center.

Philip Rivers may be getting up there in age, but it has not stopped him from being productive for the Chargers. He is still one of the more dangerous signal-callers in the AFC, and the team needs to do all they can to extend his career. Using their first round pick on an offensive tackle makes a lot of sense at No. 17, and there are a few good ones to choose from in this draft class.

Orlando Brown from Oklahoma is a lot of scouts No. 1 offensive tackle, although we think that Mike McGlinchey from Notre Dame will be the first tackle off the board in April. If Brown does fall to Los Angeles, they are getting a good one, as he has the size and footwork to stay on the left side at the next level. This Chargers team is going to make a playoff run next season, and in drafting Brown, they could find the man to protect Riversí blindside for the rest of his career.
                    https://fansided.com/2018/02/14/2018...wns-rumors/17/

seems to be a polarizing prospect around these parts...
                    last year none of the left tackles were any good either,
                    the fear of another ereck flowers effect i suppose.

will be interesting to see how it all turns out

Comment

Josh Rosen

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                        Finally.....I was going to make this thread but I didn't want my stalker coming in here messing things up....Hahaha

My absolute bust warning:

Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan - This guy is Erick Flowers part 2. Big for nothing, has all the physical traits, but his technique sucks.....Another lunging OT who often misses on his initial punch and allows quick defenders to sneak past him.

He can't stop a DE with multiple moves.....He got abused by TJ Watt last year if you watch his tape vs. Wisconsin.....He has NO BUSINESS PLAYING LEFT TACKLE.

He needs to be converted to RT or Guard...but I doubt he does well at any tackle spot. He's also slipping down draft boards, so I suspect people started watching his tape after Senior Bowl.

Someone must have taken TJ Watt's highlight tape and changed the name
                        am with ya on that one.
                        evrything i read about him is that he is a dvelopmenatl guy... in other words he sucked in college but they hope they can make him good in the nFl b/c he has th e measuables they want. total reach...it could work but it is a big gamble.
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-05-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I'd say Sam Darnold.

He looked terrible this season. He couldn't read zone defenses! He led all NCAA in turnovers! I think people just like his freshman year and size. He was my #1 QB going into the season but left at best my #3.
                          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Qb Tanner Lee made my overrated list after stinking it up at the senior bowl.

LB Chris Worley was on my overrated list after trying to watch one of his games on youtube and being painfully underwhelmed to the point had to shut it off, BUT apparently scouts loved him at the shine game thingy, so i could have overreacted to a bad game or an underclassmen game or something.

josh allen in my view is boom or bust. some GM is going to be a hero or a goat.

L jackson has that boom or bust quality happening also, but I'm a big fan and think he has a good chance to be really great.

lorenzo carter is the most gifted athlete in the entire draft class. he swill succeed in the NFL but as of right now, he is lost in space on film. he is a guy i might gamble on though. too good of an athlete to fail at worst he plays ST and rushes the passer, does some subpackage stuff, whatever. If he learns to be a football player his ceiling is All pro. makes him a guy worth the risk I think.
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-05-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              I'd say Sam Darnold.

He looked terrible this season. He couldn't read zone defenses! He led all NCAA in turnovers! I think people just like his freshman year and size. He was my #1 QB going into the season but left at best my #3.
                              definitely looked better before this past season. do ya think the team around him made him look bad in 2017?
                              my gut feeling is that darnold goes on to be very good in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X