Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overrated Draft Prospects 2018, who may they be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosen and Allen.

Comment

Josh Rosen is the real deal. I'm not going to get caught up in the crap that the media has been spreading. Based on game tape, the kid is good. And I'm OK with letting him sit a year while we continue to build the line because once we let Eli go, we will have the money to put a very good OL in front of him, and a running game.

Long Live the King

Comment

Saquon Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
          Saquon Barkley
          Why?

Comment

interesting.that is the one knock on barkelys game it appears.
            guys who are elusive tend to have that issue i suppose. did barry sanders and adrian pederson have the same knocks?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4151311AAGrHax
            https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...ative_yardage/

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

definitely looked better before this past season. do ya think the team around him made him look bad in 2017?
              my gut feeling is that darnold goes on to be very good in the NFL.
              Not if the Browns take him #1.

Im not saying he will be a bust, but the belief that he is going to be the next great thing is completely overblown IMO. He should have stayed at USC to improve. Right now, he scares me completely.

Comment

Thats scary, and why I kept saying there was no way we can afford to take him at #2. That first link you showed, wide open hole. This is why I say he is not as good as Elliot was in college. Not even close.

I think he can be a good back, but he is going to need a lot for him. Our OL is not for him.

His strength IMO is ellusiveness and speed, but not quickness into a hole and thats why he had bad games against some bad teams. Once he finds daylight though, he is the fasted back in college.

Comment

Two concussions and soft tissue shoulder surgery makes Josh Rosen the most overrated prospect in this draft, IMHO.

Andrew Luck is still having soft tissue issues, tendinitis , all from a labrum fraying surgery that was deemed successful, which I myself had.

Rosen had nerve damage surgery on his throwing shoulder ...also deemed a success. You can draw your own conclusions, but two concussions and a surgery on his throwing shoulder is such an easy pass as a top 2 QB, I am still bewildered why he is mocked so high.

I believe Barkely is a sweet runner, but at 2....WAY overrated.
                  Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

If that guy can be coached, if he finds a great coach, he will be amazing. Is he a good fit for the Giants... Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                      Josh Rosen is the real deal. I'm not going to get caught up in the crap that the media has been spreading. Based on game tape, the kid is good. And I'm OK with letting him sit a year while we continue to build the line because once we let Eli go, we will have the money to put a very good OL in front of him, and a running game.
                      Rosen won’t sit. He is the only one of the big 4 ready to play almost immediately.

however he is immobile and has an awful injury history so I am hoping he Giants stay away from him. He is frail and looks it

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

interesting.that is the one knock on barkelys game it appears.
                        guys who are elusive tend to have that issue i suppose. did barry sanders and adrian pederson have the same knocks?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4151311AAGrHax
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...ative_yardage/
                        IMO, those are fairly big knocks for a RB 2 pick....he bounces a LOT outside vs lanes between the tackles. At 2, a running back is a reach as it is, and while he does some amazing stuff, if I'm doing running back at 2 and counting on him to be the face of a team that is OBJ's face, he better be flawless.

I'd for certain avoid Barkley, and take a RB later...one that takes advantage of the new lanes from the incredible offensive line we are going to put together, lol, and be knocking heads with players his own size.

Sanders and Peterson never bell cowed their teams to any superbowl, and in today's pass happy league, where the pass is king...I'm carrying 2-3 backs and rotating them....the OL will create the lanes, and the play action pass...not the single back.

There is no way I take Barkley at 2. Just one man's opinion.
                        Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-...dont-get-hype/

marcus davenport?
                          taven bryan?
                          Leighton Vander Esch?

i actually was thinking that vander esch is not as good as his hype, based on his highlights
                          davenport was a beast during senior bowl week, from what i've read, plus he had a great senior bowl game.

i don't know enough about any of them to say though really.

what say you fellas?

Comment

Not in agreement on Esch. Love his size and speed....plus, any mock I do I'm grabbing him in the 3rd round.

If Cunningham was worth a 2nd round pick, Vander Esch is certainly worth a 3rd, and IMHO, a steal. Yeah, I don't see first round all pro talent, but a solid NFL starter.

Davenport is a stud....top ten pick? Not sure, but he's first round, no doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLLvxiGFhs

I wonder ....Josh Allen throws so hard, if he had better receivers, would his completion percentage not be better? That guy throws as hard as any QB I have ever seen. We could use him as our new short range man-portable air-defence system if he fizzles as a NFL QB.

BTW, Vander Esch looked good on that first goal line stand vs Allen and the Cowboys

Comment

Originally posted by Aris View Post
                              Not in agreement on Esch. Love his size and speed....plus, any mock I do I'm grabbing him in the 3rd round.

If Cunningham was worth a 2nd round pick, Vander Esch is certainly worth a 3rd, and IMHO, a steal. Yeah, I don't see first round all pro talent, but a solid NFL starter.

Davenport is a stud....top ten pick? Not sure, but he's first round, no doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLLvxiGFhs

I wonder ....Josh Allen throws so hard, if he had better receivers, would his completion percentage not be better? That guy throws as hard as any QB I have ever seen. We could use him as our new short range man-portable air-defence system if he fizzles as a NFL QB.

BTW, Vander Esch looked good on that first goal line stand vs Allen and the Cowboys
                              https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-game-changing

Comment

Working...
                              X