Pugh ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pugh ????

I just can not see signing Pugh . Yes , he has been our "BEST" lineman pass couple of years , BUT !!!
    He will want a BIG contract , with his BAD BACK , money wasted !!!!!

I hate to see a guy who is part of the solution and not part of the problem go (see: sure wouldn't mind still having Linval Joseph). But he grew up an Eagles fan. My gut tells me he'll be wearing green next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
      I hate to see a guy who is part of the solution and not part of the problem go (see: sure wouldn't mind still having Linval Joseph). But he grew up an Eagles fan. My gut tells me he'll be wearing green next year.
      Eagles donít need him.

Comment

For the right price I would take him in a heart beat. Right now we are in a bad situation with OT. I think we can fix OG in the draft but OT is going to give us trouble. Pugh isn't great but can play LT or RT in a pinch and not get Eli murdered. Like you said though he will probably want too much money. We will have to see what offers come in for him.

Without him we have Flowers, Biz and Wheeler then maybe a mid round draft pick like a Crosby.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

He's going to be looking for top $s, and with his injury history, I just don't think he's worth it. I'd spend a little more, and go after Norwell.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
            He's going to be looking for top $s, and with his injury history, I just don't think he's worth it. I'd spend a little more, and go after Norwell.
            +1

The one thing that Pugh has that we would miss is the versatility to move to RT in a pinch

Comment

to much $$$
              I'm okay saying goodbye to him
              Move Flowers to RT and I think that may solve one tackle problem or move Flowers inside to guard
              I do like Pughs versatility but can only do so much with the dollars available and I don't want another Vernon or Pierre-Paul contract on the books
              Big money and dwindling production

Comment

Only way we sign him is if his price is lower than what is expected. Reese would have threw money at him just to save face.

No such worries with gettleman......And Pugh is not exactly what I would call a HOG MOLLY. They had to ask him to put on weight to play Guard, and if they want him to play RT, they had better tell him going into the offseason, so he can drop weight..

Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                  Only way we sign him is if his price is lower than what is expected. Reese would have threw money at him just to save face.

No such worries with gettleman......And Pugh is not exactly what I would call a HOG MOLLY. They had to ask him to put on weight to play Guard, and if they want him to play RT, they had better tell him going into the offseason, so he can drop weight..
                  Yeah, heís gonna want to get paid. Doubt he can be convinced to take a discount, even after his injury history is brought up during negotiations. Think DG passes on him but his versatility will surely be missed.

Comment

While ive always been a fan, and love his versatility, i dont think he will be back. His injury history and word is he wants top dollar means we will probably move on, and move on to Andrew Norwell, who isnt as versitle at Pugh but is a better player
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Time to move on from Pugh.

Comment

My bet is Pugh is a Giant next year. Any bets taken.

Comment

Seems crazy when they desperately need to fix the OL but I just don't see Pugh getting $50 million from the Giants

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                            My bet is Pugh is a Giant next year. Any bets taken.

Pugh will join Coughlin/Marrone in JAX.

Comment

I would take him for the right price no more then 6 to 7. . I see him on the sideline way too much to pay a top dollar contract. Last season he played a total of 8 games. He made 8.8 million. IMO: he was not worth it for what the Giants got for their return on investment.
                              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Working...
                              X