X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade with Bills for #2 pick.

This sounds interesting.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ster-115152882

'The Bills hold the No. 21 and No. 22 overall picks in this draft. According to the NFL's classic trade value chart, both of those picks would not be enough to move up to the No. 2 overall pick. Per the chart, the Giants' pick holds a value of "2,600" while the Bills' two picks hold values of "800 and "700." In order for the Bills to move up to the No. 2 pick, they would have to sweeten the deal with their second-round pick (No. 53 overall with a "370" value) and likely more than that.

If the Bills are dead set on trading up for Rosen, they could also throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn. The Giants would likely be interested in Glenn because when healthy he is one of the NFL's best left tackles and because he has a team-friendly contract if traded to New York after March 18th. His base salary in 2018 would be just $9.25 million for the Giants.'

What do you guys think of this? Who would the picks be at #21 and 22?

Mods, this is my first post of a link. My apologies if it is not been done correctly.

I do not hate this idea.....

Comment

Judging by the trade value chart

Giants 1st = 2600pts

Bills 1st= 800
      Bills 1st= 780
      Bills 2nd= 370
      Bills 3rd= 116
      Bills 4th= 60
      Bills 5th= 31.5
      Overall= 2157.5pts

So if the Bills traded us all of their 2018 picks plus their 1st and 2nd round picks next year THEN we would be close to equal

Hell yea i would do that in a heart beat. We would have
      1st round: 2 picks
      2nd round: 2 picks
      3rd round: 2 picks
      4th round: 3 picks
      5th round: 2 picks
      6th round: 1 pick
      Total: 12 picks overall

We could walk out with an amazing team after this draft
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

That is a lot of picks! Who do you choose at 21 and 22?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
          That is a lot of picks! Who do you choose at 21 and 22?
          Billy Price and Roquan Smith. In the second draft Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson.

Comment

all depends on who the Giants want in the draft. If its not Rosen or another QB will other position players on their board be there at 21 or 22?

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
              This sounds interesting.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ster-115152882

'The Bills hold the No. 21 and No. 22 overall picks in this draft. According to the NFL's classic trade value chart, both of those picks would not be enough to move up to the No. 2 overall pick. Per the chart, the Giants' pick holds a value of "2,600" while the Bills' two picks hold values of "800 and "700." In order for the Bills to move up to the No. 2 pick, they would have to sweeten the deal with their second-round pick (No. 53 overall with a "370" value) and likely more than that.

If the Bills are dead set on trading up for Rosen, they could also throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn. The Giants would likely be interested in Glenn because when healthy he is one of the NFL's best left tackles and because he has a team-friendly contract if traded to New York after March 18th. His base salary in 2018 would be just $9.25 million for the Giants.'

What do you guys think of this? Who would the picks be at #21 and 22?

Mods, this is my first post of a link. My apologies if it is not been done correctly.
              ONLY $9.25 million?

Isn't it interesting how many lower picks it takes to equal a #2 overall? I guess that's because you can secure your franchise's future for 10 or 15 years with one.

Comment

Don't do it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post

Billy Price and Roquan Smith. In the second draft Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson.
                  I love this idea. but I don't think Smith makes it down past 15.

I also don't think the Bills will give up that much for the QB's in this draft.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

If the Bills had a mid round pick maybe i'd think about it. But that far back even with the draft being pretty deep this year, you're going to be missing out on some significant talent. If the Giants aren't in love with any of the QB they might have to do it. Or at least consider offers from teams who are selecting in the top 15.

Comment

With our team being close to hitting the salary cap this would probably be a smart move, especially since we have so many needs, predominantly at OL and LB. We can't make the HC/OC and the DC both happy from the draft if we don't do something like this. If they believe a franchise caliber QB is sitting there they have to take him though because waiting for a QB is like waiting on a rare type of organ donor and we don't want to be on that waiting list.
                      Last edited by FanOfTheGmen; 02-15-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I think the QBs in this draft are highly overhyped... small body of work, unimpressive production overall... maturity issues

I see the Giants going with Barkley if he doesn't go #1.. or they will trade for picks and strategically load up on some depth. Man, it's been a while since they traded for picks
                        sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I'd be happy with this, a QB or Barkley. So, unless they do something completely ****ed up, I'm golden!
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                            To be honest, I'd be happy with this, a QB or Barkley. So, unless they do something completely ****ed up, I'm golden!
                            I feel the same way. So many options and Dave will make the right choice unlike so many past drafts.

Comment

If we didn't need a QB of the Future, this would make a lot of sense. But we need to grab a QB at the Two Spot, and then BPA after that. If we dod trade down, I wouldn't down go past 4 or 5 in the draft at this point. At 4, you could still get one of the Young QBs, after that, maybe not.

If Eli was 30, I would do this deal with Buffalo.

The Deal I would do, id swap #1s with Cleveland, get their 2nd Rounder this year, and their 1st rounder next year.

Cleveland would take QB and Barkley 1&2, Indy could take BPA, and we could take next QB.

The only Danger is someone like the Jets going up to get Indy's #1 and grabbing a QB in front of us.

But this is one that would be a real good trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X