X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think It's Barkley And Then O-Line

Eli has two years left.
    We are not drafting a QB.
    Barkley is the top RB and best player in the draft.
    The Giants are going nowhere without a running game with a quality back.
    Our new GM focused on the running game in Carolina.
    He knows the value of a good back.
    Plus Barkley opens everything up.
    Too good to pass up.
    Then OT in round two.

I would not object of this happened. I feel Eli has ATLEAST 2 years left if he avoids injury (which he has the last 14 years). Although I LOVE LOVE LOVE Barkley and the idea of his impact he will have in the NFL for the next 5 years, trading back and picking up more premium draft picks would be awesome! The draft is DEEP at Interior OL, RB, and LB. I think that plays into the Giants draft strategy depending how FA pans out. Having more picks to overhaul the OL and LB corps would benefit the organization for upwards of 8-10 years of they hit on their picks.

Im not a fan of this years QB class. I think many of the names are "fools gold" and nothing more than a bunch of Gabberts and Sanchez'. Although Jackson intrigues me and I feel he may be the one franchise QB in this class, longevity is a key focus for me at the #2 selection....if it weren't I'd be 100% onboard with Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by George_Vreeland_Hill View Post
      Eli has two years left.
      Too good to pass up.
      Then OT in round two.

Barkley is the consensus number 1 guy. Get 3 Olineman whether its through the draft or free agency, and draft Barkley.. That's how you fix our offense immediately and give it balance

Comment

It is funny how a lot of run plays have success with a good quality back and receivers help the O-line block. If the O-line is responsible for a rb's success, then results still varies. Look at a team's rbs yards per carry. The GM made some big mistakes and now Giants could pay dearly for that.
        Last edited by Diamondring; 02-17-2018, 06:12 AM.
        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

The New York Giants are not drafting Saquon Barkley.

Comment

Eli has two years left.
            Too good to pass up.
            Then OT in round two.

And a RB is going nowhere without an OL in front of him

Your plan is completely bass ackwards

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Eli has two years left.
              You say this like it is a matter of fact. How do you know he has two years left? He might, but based on his age and based on how he has looked in the past couple of seasons, to hang your hat on that is pretty crazy.

As far as Barkley goes, I agree that he is probably the best player in this draft. Him or Nelson. I have no doubt he will be a star. But there is more to the decision than that. I would argue that at RB this year, there will be three or four potentially pro bowl to all pro caliber backs in the second round when we pick. Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones II, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Kerrion Johnson are all names that could be there for that second pick. Early 2nd round is plenty early to find a star RB. I'm not saying any of those guys will be better than Barkley, but I bet at least two or three of them end up being excellent.

To find a QB later in the draft who is excellent is much harder. Sure, it happens every so often, but most of the league's successful starting QBs were taken in the first round, usually in the top 5 or 10. That's just the way it is. I think the Giants would be very foolish to pass on taking a top ranked QB in a QB rich draft the one rare time they are picking so high. If Eli were 33 I wouldn't say that, but at 37 I think it's different.

We have a new coach who has been successful at developing QBs. We have invested in Shurmur. He should get "his guy" now and start working with him. Eli will still play this year, and I hope he is successful. But to not want to plan for the future with a clear heir apparent is just not being wise in my opinion. What happens if we don't draft a QB, Eli blows chunks this year, and Davis Webb ends up not amounting to anything? What's the plan for next season? Just hope we can find someone? I don't like that strategy.

Comment

I know how this thread will go. I'll say this. We need to get OL help and another RB in this draft. What order this happens will be determined by the brain trust in the front office. Also saying anything as fact before free agency happens is foolish. Le'Veon Bell is a free agent, if we signed him do we still draft Barkley? I know it isn't likely we sign or even pursue Bell, but the point remains. If we sign Solder and Norwell do we still take Nelson? Doubtful.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Eli has two years left.
                  Too good to pass up.
                  Then OT in round two.

I would not be opposed to that!

Comment

Eli has two years left.
                    Too good to pass up.
                    Then OT in round two.

What about......

1st. Quenton Nelson
                    2nd. Derrius Guice

or

1st. Saquon Barkley
                    2nd. Billy Price

or

2nd. Will Hernandez
                    3rd. Sony Michel

or

2nd. Isiah Wynn
                    3rd. Rashard Penny

or

2nd. Orlando Brown
                    3rd. Royce Freeman

or

2nd. Tyrell Crosby
                    3rd. Nick Chubb

....There are so many good options for Rb and OL in the 1st few rounds
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Eli has two years left.
                      Too good to pass up.
                      Then OT in round two.

Iíve been saying the same thing for months, but Im fearing he wonít be there at number 2.
                      Iím hoping the Browns have learned nothing from the past, and remain the Browns in this draft and take a QB with their number 1.
                      But...if their drafting dept has grown a brain, Iím thinking theyíll snag Barkley with their number 1 and still be able to get one of the top QB prospects with their 4th pick!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I wouldn't object to Barkley, I think Rosen is going to be a Giant unless they trade down.
                        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post

Barkley is the consensus number 1 guy. Get 3 Olineman whether its through the draft or free agency, and draft Barkley.. That's how you fix our offense immediately and give it balance
                          I actually like the idea of Barkley and then just stacking up on O-linemen with the rest of the draft ..... imagine if we get lucky and 2 of the linemen can be decent year 1 starters .... then maybe add a free agent and they seem intent on keeping pugh ? That can legitly be a major upgrade at the o-line

Comment

if the Giants decide that Eli will be here for another year or 2 or thatWebb is a really good QB prospect then it may well be that we take Barkley......

Comment

I think a lot of this is moot, as the odds are high the Browns take Barkley first overall. If they do that, they can still get a top QB at fourth overall. Indy is not going to take a QB. They will likely take Chubb if Barkley is gone.

The big risk Cleveland faces if they go Barkley at one is that someone jumps them by trading with the Colts and taking the QB they want.

Comment

Working...
                              X