Lamar Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamar Jackson

They say he's a right-handed bigger Mike Vick.
    I don't know if he could bring Super Bowls or not, but he'd be a blast to watch.
    Plus, maybe we could trade back and still get him. They're not projecting him top 10 I don't think.
    Wouldn't it be awesome to have a super athlete be our QB?
    Last edited by boxcar willie; 02-18-2018, 06:52 AM.

Just watched his highlights reel. Maybe he's not the right choice. Throwing motion is weird. Probably would get hurt running like that in the pros.

Comment

Negative.

He doesnt have the arm Vick did.

And going from Eli the Ironman to a running QB like Jackson would be night and day. JAckson would be guaranteed to miss 2-4 games a year at least.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

L.Jackson, may turn into a Kodell Stewart type player.. I don't believe it's fair to any starting QB,to come out, at goal line situation.
        Eventually, he should be a receiver / RB.

Comment

If we could get him in the 2nd, id be all for it

Whats with people saying hes gonna be a wr?? Just because pryor did it??
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Lamar Jackson is a sick athlete but as an NFL QB he does not have it. Panics in the pocket. He is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
              They say he's a right-handed bigger Mike Vick.
              I don't know if he could bring Super Bowls or not, but he'd be a blast to watch.
              Plus, maybe we could trade back and still get him. They're not projecting him top 10 I don't think.
              Wouldn't it be awesome to have a super athlete be our QB?
              Too good to pass up!

Comment

I like him but he reminds me too much like RG3 and Tyrod Taylor . Most of his talent is in running around incoherently. If he can be coached to go through his reads ( what wins championships) instead of bailing out at the first opportune time, he could be a fit.
                "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                  I like him but he reminds me too much like RG3 and Tyrod Taylor . Most of his talent is in running around incoherently. If he can be coached to go through his reads ( what wins championships) instead of bailing out at the first opportune time, he could be a fit.
                  It is in that area that the positive write ups I've read say he has shown great improvement.

Comment

Improved a lot as a passer this past season, I think in the right system he could develop into a very good QB but he better Bulk Up if he is going to run around in the NFL he does look a bit lean

No we won't take him, Gettleman and this Giants Organization in General seems to go for BIG QB's

Comment

I think it's very possible that he would still be there in Rd 2. That would mean we went with Barkley, which I'm OK with, but I don't think a QB at that point is the right move. Gotta start addressing our lines.......both lines...... early.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I'm a big fan of his, but not at the 2nd pick. I do think people are sleeping on his ability to pass.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Negative.

He doesnt have the arm Vick did.

And going from Eli the Ironman to a running QB like Jackson would be night and day. JAckson would be guaranteed to miss 2-4 games a year at least.
                          Oh trust me, he has the same arm that Michael Vick did. Here he is in HIGH SCHOOL throwing the ball about 90 yards from what I can see.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlaiDT9Px8I

Here is Lamar being asked how far he can throw it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdH3AEJBgsc
                          He talks about the high school video above in that interview.

Not even Josh Allen can throw that far. Michael Vick was said to have thrown the ball close to 100 yards before too. The problem with Lamar is that he isn't very accurate, his lack of footwork in the pocket scares me, and he's prone to injury just like Vick was. He's practically a Michael Vick clone. Vick had a huge arm, had accuracy issues, and got injured constantly. The reason why he can throw the ball that far because he throws by flicking his wrist. It causes the ball to spin at a much higher rate, which causes the ball to fly much better through the air.

Jackson could be a good QB in the NFL when he's playing. The problem is when he's not playing and getting injured. It will happen. His build is much worse than Vicks too. He's not a first round selection because of his risk level imo. I'd rather select him in the 2nd round if I were a team.
                          Last edited by compaqnigg; 02-18-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

He's an interesting prospect. I think he really could have used another year of honing in college. He did show a significant improvement this past season. Were we to trade down in the 1st, or take Barkely or Nelson, and grabbed him in the 2nd, it could work out well. He'd have that year or two to sit behind Eli and develop. He is a phenomenal athlete, no arguing that...I still prefer Mayfield in the first myself, but there is still time for these guys to change my opinion.

Comment

Hes the biggest boom/bust prospect i can remember just because he could be rg3 or he could be the best ever. I was an advocate of taking him top 5 but he does have accuracy issues and needs more development so i think we shouldnt take him 2nd overall. I wish we trade back and take him late 1st or early 2nd. I think hes too dynamic to pass up with our 2nd pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X