Mel Kipers 2.0 mach draft looks good for Big Blue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel Kipers 2.0 mach draft looks good for Big Blue

On ESPN Golic and Wingo this morning Mel Kiper changed his pick for the NY Giants from Josh Rosen to Saquan Barkley. I love it. Rosen has so many red flags for me I wouldn't go near him with a 10 foot pole. Mel has Rosen dropping to #11 Miami.

Cleve. going for josh Allen at #1 and whammo we have Barkley right in front of us. With all the success of Elliot, Gurley and Fournette with early picks RB's are back in vogue in the NFL. These RB's have been instrumental in bringing their newly acquired teams into the playoffs.

A playmaker like Barkley with OBJ, Shepard and Engram plus an OL with our #2 pick guys this could bring us right back immediately. Devote the rest of the draft to defense plus maybe a defensive FA or 2. I am hoping as a Giant fan we do this. I really feel this would be successful.

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    On ESPN Golic and Wingo this morning Mel Kiper changed his pick for the NY Giants from Josh Rosen to Saquan Barkley. I love it. Rosen has so many red flags for me I wouldn't go near him with a 10 foot pole. Mel has Rosen dropping to #11 Miami.

Cleve. going for josh Allen at #1 and whammo we have Barkley right in front of us. With all the success of Elliot, Gurley and Fournette with early picks RB's are back in vogue in the NFL. These RB's have been instrumental in bringing their newly acquired teams into the playoffs.

A playmaker like Barkley with OBJ, Shepard and Engram plus an OL with our #2 pick guys this could bring us right back immediately. Devote the rest of the draft to defense plus maybe a defensive FA or 2. I am hoping as a Giant fan we do this. I really feel this would be successful.
    I have to disagree. f they are not going to take a QB, then I am hoping that they Giants trade down and collect picks. It seems like this draft is loaded at running back. Sure Barkely looks like the best of the bunch, but there seems to be a lot of talent there that can be had in the late 1st and 2nd rounds. Value wise, if you can trade that pick and get a LB, OL and RB in the top 2 or three rounds...Maybe even more picks...That's seems more valuable than one great RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

I have to disagree. f they are not going to take a QB, then I am hoping that they Giants trade down and collect picks. It seems like this draft is loaded at running back. Sure Barkely looks like the best of the bunch, but there seems to be a lot of talent there that can be had in the late 1st and 2nd rounds. Value wise, if you can trade that pick and get a LB, OL and RB in the top 2 or three rounds...Maybe even more picks...That's seems more valuable than one great RB.
      +1

Comment

Agreed. I don't know why so many people were saying this is the year of qbs. I feel like there are some major players at RB this year so I don't love the idea of grabbing one at #2 when you can still land a badass in Rd 2 or 3.
        2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
        Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
        Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
        Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
        Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
        Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
        Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

I agree, if we don't draft a QB at the 2nd pick, I prefer to trade back. Just like interior O-LINEMEN, RB is a strength in this draft. Ronald Jones, Sony and Guice.
          Last edited by Cruzan 26; 02-21-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

+1
            +2

we're never taking Barkley thankfully the organization is much smarter than the fans.

Comment

I'm also in the QB or trade down if possible camp. I think there is too much other talent are RB in this draft to take Sqon that high. If we make the pick and don't take a QB, at this juncture, I'd be more pleased with Nelson or Chubb.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

+2

we're never taking Barkley thankfully the organization is much smarter than the fans.
                Just like how they took flowers over Todd Gurley.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

+2

I 90% think that we are not taking Barkley.

The other 10% isn't so sure, simply based upon the fact that Gettleman drafted a RB at #8 just last year ....

Comment

I 90% think that we are not taking Barkley.

The other 10% isn't so sure, simply based upon the fact that Gettleman drafted a RB at #8 just last year ....
                    Carolina already had their QB, if we had ours of the future then I would think they would take Barkley.

Comment

Carolina already had their QB, if we had ours of the future then I would think they would take Barkley.
                      What if they are not high on the QB's who are left at #2?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Need I remind you that Todd Gurley looked so bad in 2016 that I think most people thought he was going to be a bust. That he lost his mojo. He averaged 3.2 yards per carry. Just to put that in perspective. The biggest Giants RB bust of all time (Ron Dayne) never averaged 3.2 yards per carry in his career in the NFL. LOL. So what happened? It's not like Toddy Gurley found the blueprint on how to run again. His offensive line's blocking improved within one year (injured players became healthy). In 2016 he had 278 carries for 885 yards and this season he had 279 carries for 1,305 yards. He had one more carry this year and got over 400 yards more!

People NEED TO STOP making this magical idea that RBs make these running lanes. Say this out loud. Todd Gurley was WORSE than Ron Dayne in 2016, than Ron Dayne was in any season in the NFL. Just try to fathom that. You Giants fans know how horrible Ron Dayne looked.

You need an offensive line to compliment an RB. We have no offensive line. Everyone on the line this past season might not be starting in 2018. That's not good at all.
                        Last edited by compaqnigg; 02-21-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I think this QB class is talented but Overrated, I could see them all falling besides Allen stock will continue to SORE after his work outs and he Runs and Test Well. Has a Big Arm and is a excellent athlete. Been posting for Months now that by the time the draft comes around he will be the #1 QB in his draft

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

2+2= 8?

Comment

What if they are not high on the QB's who are left at #2?
                              Then trade down

Comment

Working...
                              X