Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants have used over half of their 60 allotted combine interviews on RBs and OL alone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants have used over half of their 60 allotted combine interviews on RBs and OL alone

Over a third (21) on just the OL. Safe to say we will be picking a few OL and at least one RB.

The real question is how does their interest affect their choice at #2? A harbinger of what is to come, or did they spend over half their interviews on a smokescreen? Unlikely, but who knows
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-02-2018, 07:38 AM.

Still waiting for you to corroborate the BS you posted about Malcolm Butler...,

Comment

It is no secret the Giants have 2 of its starters on the O-line under contract. There is nothing the FO can do to mask that. It is not a surprise. Is there rule preventing interviews after the combine? I don't think there is but I could be wrong.
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

This actually is very interesting information. Sometimes a rare find around here.

It definitely implies that they might be leaning to not taking Barkley and looking down the draft for a RB. I like that idea as it just seems like there are some very good backs this year after Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
          Over a third (21) on just the OL. Safe to say we will be picking a few OL and at least one RB.
          Good, great need for both.

Comment

did they interview any of the QBs I wonder?
            "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

.....or Linebackers?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

did they interview any of the QBs I wonder?
                Only OL and RB's were available to interview yesterday. QB's will be available today I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Mainer View Post

Only OL and RB's were available to interview yesterday. QB's will be available today I believe.
                  gotcha....thanks
                  "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by G-Mainer View Post

Well, that certainly provides interesting context.

Comment

OL/RB/LB/DL are our major weaknesses. I really want us to sign at least 2 FAs in Norwell & Solder and draft 2 OL men in 1st 3 rds along with Barkley #1. Draft LBer #4, DL with 5th/6th picks.

Giants can raise the cap enough by cutting enough players that do not figure in the 2018-2019 plans & have enough to sign both of those 2 FAs for the OL. Or if that can't happen, Go for Norwell, draft 2 OLmen , but this OL has to be 90% different from what we had last yr

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                        OL/RB/LB/DL are our major weaknesses. I really want us to sign at least 2 FAs in Norwell & Solder and draft 2 OL men in 1st 3 rds along with Barkley #1. Draft LBer #4, DL with 5th/6th picks.

Giants can raise the cap enough by cutting enough players that do not figure in the 2018-2019 plans & have enough to sign both of those 2 FAs for the OL. Or if that can't happen, Go for Norwell, draft 2 OLmen , but this OL has to be 90% different from what we had last yr
                        DUDE this is fantasyland

Comment

That's why I said, if not, then get 1 of them with Norwell being my main preference.

Comment

I like it, but need to include LB's too

Comment

Was the o-line really that bad last year? Yes....yes it was.....it was the worst Giants O-line I've seen in 39 years.......use all of the interviews on the O-line.

Seriously though being in the #2 spot you don't need to save your interview for the QB's....there's enough tape and reports on them out there plus you really only have 3 maybe 4 guys who could go at #2.....

Comment

Working...
                              X