Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With season right around corner, what handful of players are you lookin forward 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With season right around corner, what handful of players are you lookin forward 2?

I'm not talking Javadeon Clowney, Johnny Manziel or any of the top 5-10 prospects in the land, but more guys ranked in the mid to late 1st and beyond types.

Heres 5or so guys i'm excited to learn more about this season..

AJ Johnson ILB Tennesee- Big hard hitting physical MLB, that is best against the run, and is somewhat a intimidater. I need to learn more about this kid.

Demarcus Lawerence OLB/DE Boise St- A playmaker who ended last yr with 9.5sacks and 13TFL, while also leading Boise Dline in Tackles. Listed at 6ft 3in 244lbs, could pack on some weight and play some 4/3 end, or possibly be SLB in a 4/3, but obviously looks best as a OLB in 3/4 probably. Either way, i'm following this kid!

James Wilder Jr RB Florida St- We might have a backup RB job open after this yr, and there certainly isn't a ton behind David Wilson and Andre Brown as it is right now. James Wilder is listed at 226lbs and should get a good amount of carries this season with a new QB coming in and Wilder being so big and physical. Jumbo could go for a pound it offense, and Wilder could be a insane backup to Wilson if Brown decides he can't stay healthy.

James Hurst OT UNC- Big and strong, i'm gonna be following this guy, especially if it looks as if Pugh will play inside..

CJ Barnett S Ohio St- Described as a instinctive player with some CB skills, Barnett is one of the better looking underclassmen safties in the nation, and i'm gonna be following closely, with Antrel Rolle being a possible cap casualty after the season, and Will Hill having the off field issues.

Also, the CB class continues to amaze me, and i'm gonna be all over that.

Comment

CJ Mosley or Van Noy

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        CJ Mosley or Van Noy
        Ya, i've seen and researched alot of CJ Mosley, so i'm more looking to see if he can be the same player this yr, more then needing to learn about em. I'm pretty much sold on him all ready. Van Noy is another one i've seen quite a bit. I'm sure i'll see alot of both of em again this yr, but i'm no stranger to either, or i'd also have them on my list.

Comment

WIth many of us on here being Sio Moore and/or Trevardo WIlliams fans last yr, i'm turning my attention to Yawin Smallwood LB UCONN this yr. He was possibly the best backer they had last yr, on the team that ha Moore and Williams, and now gets his chance to shine in the public eye. He is listed at 6ft 3in 235lbs, and had a tremendous 2012 season, which included 1st team ALL BIG EAST.

Comment

I'm watching Smallwood as well. Unfortunately that defense lost nearly all it's talent last season. So he may have a tougher time getting involved in plays

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              I'm watching Smallwood as well. Unfortunately that defense lost nearly all it's talent last season. So he may have a tougher time getting involved in plays
              I'm sure it'll be taken into consideration when teams evaluate him.

Comment

Darqueze Dennard is the CB whos got my eye right now. I like him alot, and if we don't draft Aaron Colvin or someone else in RD1 to play CB, i'm hoping a guy like Dennard is around in RD2.

Comment

Brandon Coleman, Ha Ha C-Dix, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Aaron Colvin, Jusin Gilbert.... It's going to be a strong class. So much to watch this year.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    Brandon Coleman, Ha Ha C-Dix, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Aaron Colvin, Jusin Gilbert.... It's going to be a strong class. So much to watch this year.
                    Ya, i've been talking about the cb class since right after the draft. Its very deep, and with Hosley having rookie struggles, and Webby sucking last yr, and not much else around after Prince, i could easily see us picking up a CB or 2 next yr, and its the kinda class where its deep enough to find 2gems..

Darqueeze Dennard is a beast and will be a stud for state this yr. Aaron Colvin is the best corner in the country in my opinion. Bennett Jackson of ND is solid, and Carrington Byndom could be around in RD3, and Justin Gilbert is solid, and Ekpre-Olomu is incredible..etc Don't forget about TCU's Jason Verrett as well, whos right there as one of the top corners in the land. Swann of GA is very good, and the FLA duo of Roberson and Purifoy might be the best duo in the land...etc Thats a crazy number of quality corners, and i didn't even mention Quandre Diggs.

Comment

New Video i put up. Not a guy thats talked about but Trey Flowers #86 DE Arkansas and Chris Smith DE #42 Arkansas. Chris has a quick first step but I think switches to LB, Flowers has the frame to be a 3 Down DE,

Dont forget guys that link in My Signature will bring u to a List of Player Videos in Alphabetical order. We already have 211 2014 Draft Eligible Prospects covered with Videos.
                      Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-02-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Timmy Jernigan. If this becomes another unproductive season for Austin, a 3T may be a priority. You can naturally add Demonte McAllister and the rest of FSU's interior defensive line which seems to be deep.

Anthony Steen and Gabe Jackson. Continue beefing up the interior of the oline.

All CBs.

CJ Mosley seems like a pipe dream. He's a more rounded prospect than Rolando McClain and Donte Hightower. No way he falls to the Giants at 32.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                          Timmy Jernigan. If this becomes another unproductive season for Austin, a 3T may be a priority. You can naturally add Demonte McAllister and the rest of FSU's interior defensive line which seems to be deep.

Anthony Steen and Gabe Jackson. Continue beefing up the interior of the oline.

All CBs.

CJ Mosley seems like a pipe dream. He's a more rounded prospect than Rolando McClain and Donte Hightower. No way he falls to the Giants at 32.
                          agreed.. #32 is out of the question..

Comment

A guy I am very interested to see if he can get things back on track is Sammy Watkins WR Clemson. After basically the best freshman wr year ever, he was only so-so last year.

Marquis Lee. It is cheating a little to bring him up because he is a huge name. But, he is fun to watch and I think if Clowney didn't exist, this is the kid everyone would be talking about. I want to see him adjust to a different QB.He will likely go to an NFL team with a bad or inexperienced QB, so lets see how he does this year without Barkley

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas. Last year Okafor was supposed to be the monster, and he did play well at times. But prior to Jeffcoats injury , when they were both on the field at the same time it was Jeffcoat who played better.

I also like James Wilder JR a lot, but I think a lot of people are forgetting about Davonte Freeman, FSU's other back. He is a very consistent inside runner and has that compact frame NFL teams like these days. As to Wilder, I have stood face to face with him and that guy is a freak. He played at about 225lbs last year and his frame has plenty of room on it for more. I could easily see this guy playing in the NFL at over 250lbs of solid muscle. I do worry a little about the way he carries the football sometimes and also that he is an injury waiting to happen the way he runs, but still the guy is a rare physical freak. Teams will be keying on the run against this team this year, since they will have a new QB. I want to see how well these guys run when teams know they are gonna get the ball.

Both of Florida's Cornerbacks this year are absolute studs and I want to watch them pick on QBs. Roberson and Purifoy. although Purifoy is likely going to play multiple positions on both sides of the ball this year, he is a cornerback 1st and foremost. I feel sorry for any teams trying to pass on the Gators this year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              A guy I am very interested to see if he can get things back on track is Sammy Watkins WR Clemson. After basically the best freshman wr year ever, he was only so-so last year.

Marquis Lee. It is cheating a little to bring him up because he is a huge name. But, he is fun to watch and I think if Clowney didn't exist, this is the kid everyone would be talking about. I want to see him adjust to a different QB.He will likely go to an NFL team with a bad or inexperienced QB, so lets see how he does this year without Barkley

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas. Last year Okafor was supposed to be the monster, and he did play well at times. But prior to Jeffcoats injury , when they were both on the field at the same time it was Jeffcoat who played better.

I also like James Wilder JR a lot, but I think a lot of people are forgetting about Davonte Freeman, FSU's other back. He is a very consistent inside runner and has that compact frame NFL teams like these days. As to Wilder, I have stood face to face with him and that guy is a freak. He played at about 225lbs last year and his frame has plenty of room on it for more. I could easily see this guy playing in the NFL at over 250lbs of solid muscle. I do worry a little about the way he carries the football sometimes and also that he is an injury waiting to happen the way he runs, but still the guy is a rare physical freak. Teams will be keying on the run against this team this year, since they will have a new QB. I want to see how well these guys run when teams know they are gonna get the ball.

Both of Florida's Cornerbacks this year are absolute studs and I want to watch them pick on QBs. Roberson and Purifoy. although Purifoy is likely going to play multiple positions on both sides of the ball this year, he is a cornerback 1st and foremost. I feel sorry for any teams trying to pass on the Gators this year.
                              Wilders running style is fun for a fan to watch. He'd be a blast watching with David Wilson, as Wilson is the speed and Wilder would be the "bradshaw" type.. I can't wait to watch Wilder this yr. I know Freeman will get alot of carries, and is a solid back in his own right though.

As far as the FLA CB duo of Roberson and Purifoy, i totally agree. Purifoy could be the 1st CB off the board in a loaded class and Roberson's perdicted as a late 1st rd CB, obviously albeit, all this could change with as long as we got till 2014 draft. Bradley Roby, Aaron Colvin, Jason Verrett, Darqueze Dennard, Bennett Jackson, Carrington Byndom, Damian Swann, Quandre Diggs, Justin Gilbert, Tim Scott, Bene Benwikere , Ekpre Oloumu, Kyle Fuller, and Ross ****rell will all have something to say about Purifoy being the best corner in the country of course. I just love spitting out all the good CB names, as you can see..lol Its potentially such a deep class, and we will need 1or2 corners possibly, so its actually a deep positon we could end up picking from.

Comment

Working...
                              X