Scenario Draft Trades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Draft Trades

I want to know how far fetched you guys think this is...

I think we should offer the browns the unprecedented opportunity to have the top 2 picks. We would fall back and take the 4th spot, while also acquiring the Browns 2nd rd pick. I see this as being advantageous for us because we would have 3 outta the top 34 selections. And at the same time I also see it being alluring enough for the browns to actually go for it because they could guarantee landing Darnold and Barkley.

Who finds this ludicrous?

Who thinks it could actually work?

It wouldn't be enough, but if Barkley is gone I'd be all in for trading down a couple, or few, spots. We'd be able to get at least a couple picks in this years draft ,and perhaps a 1st in 2019.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I really like Josh Allen, I really like Barkley and I'd be fine with either pick. But, the Giants already have Webb.He already has a full year as a pro and has shown himself to be a talented, intelligent hard working, good example,future leader type.Even though he didn't get a snap last year his presence gives the team realistic even attractive options. If Webb were coming out this year I believe that he'd be rated one of the top 4 QB's.
      So, because they need both quality and quantity, I'd say it's a No Brainer for Gettleman to sit back and field offers. Make the best deal without sliding too far down. He may be able to turn the #2 pick into 3 pretty high picks. For example, the Jets, who need a QB are at #6 with 2 picks in the second round, #'s 37 and 49. Making a swap like that would give the Giants 4 of the top 50 picks, #6,#34,#37, #49
      Assuming they do a good job with free agency and retain the players they want to keep,this could make 2018 a quick turnaround season not a rebuild!
      There will be legitimate deals out there to be made. I trust that Gettleman will be a little/lot more aggressive in pursuing them than Reese ever was!

Comment

since the Giants have so many needs I would think that moving down for more good picks is the way to go, one high pick won't be enough to get this team back on track...
        Last edited by JesseJames; 03-05-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Giants fans will be crying if the Giants trade back to four and the Colts either select a QB or trade out for a team wanting a QB. You stick at #2 and draft a QB. The Giants have a worse chance than Cinderella had at midnight if banking on finding a QB down the road at this inexpensive a cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnin Bob View Post
            If Webb were coming out this year I believe that he'd be rated one of the top 4 QB's.
            Really? He wasn't even a top 4 QB last year, and last year's QB class was anemic compared to this year's.

Comment

Discussing hypothetical scenarios: I really like the thought of the Giants trading down, especially if it becomes apparent the Browns are serious about Barkley.
              If Gettleman is sincere about his want for getting Andrew Norwell (and I believe he is), then trading down to get extra picks would give him a great shot at, say, Quenton Nelson or another top offensive lineman. This would go a long way to solving the OL problems.

Comment

Would have to get ALL their 2nd round picks and their 1st next year

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                  Would have to get ALL their 2nd round picks and their 1st next year
                  Why? We are only moving back from 2 to 4... That's completely unwarranted for what you're saying

Comment

It's not ludicrous, it is a great scenario if we can the #4 over all pick, next year's first rounder, and a second rounder or a 3rd rounder this year.

For the #2 pick in the draft, that is a legit trade.

Comment

Oh I'd love that for sure, but what benefit is it for the browns? I see them less willing to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                        I want to know how far fetched you guys think this is...

I think we should offer the browns the unprecedented opportunity to have the top 2 picks. We would fall back and take the 4th spot, while also acquiring the Browns 2nd rd pick. I see this as being advantageous for us because we would have 3 outta the top 34 selections. And at the same time I also see it being alluring enough for the browns to actually go for it because they could guarantee landing Darnold and Barkley.

Who finds this ludicrous?

Who thinks it could actually work?
                        They would have to give us next years 1st too for it to make sense for us.

BUT this makes no sense for the Brown, why would they do this?

Comment

Trade with Buffalo if we can not get Barkley get there first two rounders 21 and 23?? and there 2nd rounder. Perhaps even an offensive tackle

Comment

Trade Eli for their no1 overall and first 2nd rounder.

A steal for the Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                              Trade Eli for their no1 overall and first 2nd rounder.

A steal for the Browns.
                              NO,No, beckham for Clevelands 4
                              That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Working...
                              X