how would you guys feel if Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you guys feel if Giants

signed norwell , drafted barkley then just drafted nothing but ol and lb's the rest of the draft ? I mean chances are Ol drafted in 2nd round will get a starting gig.... and maybe we get lucky and one of the other picks turns out to be a gem and fills another spot in the line ......

man would that be nice

If we sign norwell, i wouldn't mind going defense with the 2nd pick. there will be linemen in the 3rd round and we will be picking at the top so that should help us find more help.

Comment

If DG hits on his picks, I’d be happy. Since the draft is a crapshoot, I’m all for trading back and adding a cpl more first and second rounders. Picking up Barkley instead with the #2 pick can very easily blow up in the Giants face. Don’t like the risk

Comment

I'd be fine with signing Norwell and okay with drafting Barkley, even though I want them to draft a QB preferably Mayfield. But I'd be ticked if they spent the rest of the draft picks on OL and LBs. There are too many other needs to spend the remaining draft picks on just O-Linemen and LBs.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I am not against what you have said killa.
          I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

While I think Barkley will be a fine running back, he will come into the league as a top 5 paid running back, and I just don't think its a good decision. If the FO thinks one of the QBs is going to be a 10 year starter franchise type player they must pick him. Other than that, I'd pick Nelson, maybe Chubb (DE, not RB) or trade down if the right deal presented itself.

Comment

You're going to have to get someone to replace Marshall
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                You're going to have to get someone to replace Marshall
                ha ha...

physically yes.
                production wise not really.....
                "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                  While I think Barkley will be a fine running back, he will come into the league as a top 5 paid running back, and I just don't think its a good decision. If the FO thinks one of the QBs is going to be a 10 year starter franchise type player they must pick him. Other than that, I'd pick Nelson, maybe Chubb (DE, not RB) or trade down if the right deal presented itself.
                  Not sure what you mean. Rookies have their own salary system.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
                    signed norwell , drafted barkley then just drafted nothing but ol and lb's the rest of the draft ? I mean chances are Ol drafted in 2nd round will get a starting gig.... and maybe we get lucky and one of the other picks turns out to be a gem and fills another spot in the line ......

man would that be nice
                    Norwell, Barkley, best OL or LB in the 2nd and 3rd, then try to fill in the 4-7th rounds with the best players we can get. I'd be very happy with this. I think round 2 and 3 we will be able to get some very good LB and OL players.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post

man would that be nice
                      Its not a bad approach but a big WR would be nice too. If Barkley is gone I would love for them to move back a bit and still get Nelson. Even with all the dysfunction and injuries people forget how closely NYG played the eventual SB champs. Not to mention all the games they were in. I don't think a huge turnaround is far fetched.
                      I don't think I've ever been as interested in an upcoming draft as I am this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

Not sure what you mean. Rookies have their own salary system.
                        yes, and the 2nd pick salary slot is in top 5 for current running backs. RB's are among the lowest paid in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Norwell, Barkley, best OL or LB in the 2nd and 3rd, then try to fill in the 4-7th rounds with the best players we can get. I'd be very happy with this. I think round 2 and 3 we will be able to get some very good LB and OL players.
                          I am good with this as well.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

This is a tough one, on one hand you could trade down and get as many picks as you can, on the other hand you could pick a QB who you believe to be the next franchise QB...either way we could be in QB hell...the draft is a crap shoot...I just hope that Gettleman kills it in the draft...

Comment

You just outlined my dream draft scenario....

Comment

Working...
                              X