No announcement yet.

Giants to meet with QB Baker Mayfield!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants to meet with QB Baker Mayfield!

Giants to meet with Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield!
    https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018...aker-Mayfield/

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    Giants to meet with Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield!
    https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018...aker-Mayfield/
    Rather have Rosen or Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post

Rosen is a piece of garbage teammate and I am not convinced he will have the proper work ethic to succeed as a QB of the NY Giants. I am not convinced even Eli can get through to him. Rosen is also a walking concussion. Had two already. I am fine with Allen, Jackson or Mayfield (Mayfield has also a shaky attitude but still better than Rosen and Mayfield is healthier) if that pick comes after trading back for more picks and two of the picks are 1st rounders for THIS year. If trading back only yields one pick this year in the first and an extra pick in the first next year, I am NOT ok drafting a QB in the first round this year.
      Last edited by repeatchamps; 03-09-2018, 01:06 PM.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

drafting a QB is huge crap shoot to begin with. Add in a smaller guy from a spread offense etc. Too much risk IMO.
        "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Gotta do your due diligence.. Doesn’t mean a thing.

Comment

I think this is all about draft positioning and various trade scenarios. Doubt the Giants what a guy who is short, has never lined up behind center, and may have character issues. That said, there are so many scenarios with possible trades... you want to understand where all the top players rank on your draft board.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post
              I think this is all about draft positioning and various trade scenarios. Doubt the Giants what a guy who is short, has never lined up behind center, and may have character issues. That said, there are so many scenarios with possible trades... you want to understand where all the top players rank on your draft board.
              Height should not come In to play here the question should be what's his character and can he play in NY? I did not like that he grabbed his crotch but the boy can play. I really don't think we are Trading the # 2 over all pick. And look for more player interviews in the coming weeks. This my friends Is what you call the interview process of scouting...

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Rosen is a piece of garbage teammate and I am not convinced he will have the proper work ethic to succeed as a QB of the NY Giants. I am not convinced even Eli can get through to him. Rosen is also a walking concussion. Had two already. I am fine with Allen, Jackson or Mayfield (Mayfield has also a shaky attitude but still better than Rosen and Mayfield is healthier) if that pick comes after trading back for more picks and two of the picks are 1st rounders for THIS year. If trading back only yields one pick this year in the first and an extra pick in the first next year, I am NOT ok drafting a QB in the first round this year.
                This has been 100% refuted during this offseason. Rosen is not a garbage teammate according to players and coaches he has actually played with and a few GMs said he was the best interview they had at the entire combine. If his injuries check out, he is 100% a franchise QB

Comment

Piece of garbage teammate? What info do you have to support that statement?

What info do you have to question his work ethic?

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post

Not me.

Comment

They have to , they SHOULD, interview all of these alleged franchise QB's.
                      If they don't they'll be showing their hand to the other organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Piece of garbage teammate? What info do you have to support that statement?

What info do you have to question his work ethic?
                        He probably saw some of the articles written on Rosen that say this from anonymous sources. This has all been cleared up during the process. Rosen's ONLY issue is the injuries. And we have heard nothing after the combine that has suggested that they are a problem going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

This has been 100% refuted during this offseason. Rosen is not a garbage teammate according to players and coaches he has actually played with and a few GMs said he was the best interview they had at the entire combine. If his injuries check out, he is 100% a franchise QB
                          Offseason articles, lol. There were numerous reports of this in the past. Now all of the sudden that the draft is approaching everyone is clearing the air about past disclosed questionable behavior. These newer articles clearing the air seemed to be timed just perfectly didn't they. Come on folks, you can't be this gullible.

Perhaps garbage teammate is harsh (but where there is smoke there is fire) and I will say this, if he is truly the model citizen, the best teammate he can be and has Eli type work ethic, I still do not want him anywhere near this team considering the concussion history.
                          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

He probably saw some of the articles written on Rosen that say this from anonymous sources. This has all been cleared up during the process. Rosen's ONLY issue is the injuries. And we have heard nothing after the combine that has suggested that they are a problem going forward.
                            Well, it seems like there is enough smoke about his personality and whether it would be a fit in every place, but to call him a "garbage teammate" doesn't seem supportable based upon what I have seen ....

Comment

Red flags for Rosen yet none for inaccurate Allen or Jackson loves to run?

Comment

Working...
                              X