Assuming Barkley to Cleveland makes the #2 pick A Must Trade/Return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming Barkley to Cleveland makes the #2 pick A Must Trade/Return

With the trade of Tyrod Taylor to the Browns and the addition of Landry it only makes sense that Barkley is now the #1 pick. The Browns will still get their future QB with pick #4/ This puts the Giants at #2 in the Drivers Seat. I would think that Gettleman should be able to sit back and exact a King's Ransom from one of 3 teams who will be willing to Overpay.
    The Bills have Cordy Glenn a very good LT 2#1 picks and whatever else they can squeeze. The Jets have the #6 pick and 2 #2 picks (High #2 Picks) and who knows what Elway might be willing to give up in Denver.

I know there are many other opportunities out there and who knows they may just keep the pick. But given the choice I would trade it to the Jets giving the Giants 4 picks in the first 49 selections.Pair that with some resignings and good FA pickups and it's back to the playoffs for the Giants.

Originally posted by Burnin Bob View Post
    With the trade of Tyrod Taylor to the Browns and the addition of Landry it only makes sense that Barkley is now the #1 pick. The Browns will still get their future QB with pick #4/ This puts the Giants at #2 in the Drivers Seat. I would think that Gettleman should be able to sit back and exact a King's Ransom from one of 3 teams who will be willing to Overpay.
    The Bills have Cordy Glenn a very good LT 2#1 picks and whatever else they can squeeze. The Jets have the #6 pick and 2 #2 picks (High #2 Picks) and who knows what Elway might be willing to give up in Denver.

I know there are many other opportunities out there and who knows they may just keep the pick. But given the choice I would trade it to the Jets giving the Giants 4 picks in the first 49 selections.Pair that with some resignings and good FA pickups and it's back to the playoffs for the Giants.
    Completely agree if Barkley goes #1.

Comment

No wayyyyyy take the QB. I dont understand you people. Just unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Burnin Bob View Post

No way, We played the second worst last year in the NFL If I am the Giants I am not giving up that # 2 pick we earned that pick, If you guys haven't heard JJ After Dark on WFAN, John Jastremski He Is totally on the Money that we earned the Pick we need to get a QB with the number 2 pick that Webb Is not a sure thing and Eli Is coming to the end Of his career. I highly recommend to you all to listen to JJ After dark Any Giants fan wouldn't be doing there due diligence if they didn't listen to JJ before the draft...

This Is JJ John Jastremski,

Comment

Some of you guys will need to be put on suicide watch when the Giants donít take a QB at 2

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
            No wayyyyyy take the QB. I dont understand you people. Just unreal
            I'm all for taking a QB over Barkley, but I'm also all in on Eli for another 2-3 years. We can stock the OL and LB core if we secure multiple first rounders and 2nd round picks. I still want to trade back to #4 with Cleveland for their two 2nd round picks and maybe a 4th rounder to replace the one we lost.

or Draft Rosen.....
            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
              Some of you guys will need to be put on suicide watch when the Giants donít take a QB at 2
              Seriously. With the Eagles loading up on an already deadly DL with Bennett, we have to draft Nelson if Bark goes #1, then draft next best RB available in rd 2 & next best OLman in rd 3 to go along with Norwell in FA. No OL/run game vs Philly next season guarantees another sweep.

Comment

If Barkley goes number one, Darnold or Allen is the pick.

Comment

the same can be said of those that will be put on suicide watch when the Giants take a QB ...

Comment

you don't know how right you are!

Actually i I told some of my friends...if they don't pick a QB ..I'm done. Life is too short for this $#!&... it would tell me that the front office is lost...no vision for the future...and I refuse to burn 3 hrs every Sunday watching more boring football.

Ill go play golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

I'm all for taking a QB over Barkley, but I'm also all in on Eli for another 2-3 years. We can stock the OL and LB core if we secure multiple first rounders and 2nd round picks. I still want to trade back to #4 with Cleveland for their two 2nd round picks and maybe a 4th rounder to replace the one we lost.

or Draft Rosen.....
                      Eli is under contract thru 2019. That's 2 more seasons. Let's not extend the torture

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

or Draft Rosen.....
                        but even if we have Eli for another 1-3 years who is the QB of the future after Eli departs? I still think it is prudent to draft a QB at # 2...

Comment

well now with The Browns getting Tyrod and now the Browns will take Barkley at # 1 all signs now are pointing to the Giants taking a QB @ # 2 ..

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

the same can be said of those that will be put on suicide watch when the Giants take a QB ...
                            No it is completely different. The people that want other positions or a trade just don't think a QB in this draft is good enough. Most of those people will be ok with it if Gettleman and Co determine one of these guys is a stud and must have.

The guys that want a QB say things like "NOOOO we must has the QB or death" and freak out if people question which one is the lock we should take.

I still think Browns go Darnold though and trade the #4 pick to Buffalo.
                            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
                              If Barkley goes number one, Darnold or Allen is the pick.

I'd sign up for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X