We suddenly have a need at Corner....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We suddenly have a need at Corner....

With DRC being cut, (terrible move by Gettleman) with the amount of holes this team has, and the current cap situation, we probably won't have enough money to get a CB in Free Agency. So.... Has anyone been scouting the DB class this year, and I mean not just Minkah Fitzpatrick, guys that we can get on Day 3 that can give us realistically about 10-15 snaps a game.
    Last edited by NYG2; 03-11-2018, 01:47 PM.

Love Isiah Oliver and Jaire Alexander. Both are 2nd round talents who could slip to the third.

The problem we have though is if we take a corner in rounds two or three, that will come at the great expense of either the O line or the running backs.

Comment

i mean...cutting DRC was made in part to help the cap situation lol. With DRC's contract off the books we could probably sign someone in FA (like Cockrell..) and another position still. If anything this move will help the Giants fill more of those holes.

but to your post, i like Tarvarus McFadden from Flordia St in the mid rounds. Tall corner who's good in press coverage. Seems like he could be a fit with Bettcher. I could also see us go for a slot corner type like Duke Dawson from Florida in the mid rounds.

Comment

3rd round. Save 2nd for price or LB. RB gonna have to wait unless we get more picks in a trade back, or take Barkley. Iím fine with all that.

Comment

Originally posted by lasion2 View Post
          3rd round. Save 2nd for price or LB. RB gonna have to wait unless we get more picks in a trade back, or take Barkley. Iím fine with all that.
          Shame, because it's a real need, and this is a year where there will be an unreal amount of talent still available in the 2nd round. If we wait until the fourth round we will get someone who isn't an upgrade over the mediocre players we have at that position now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

Shame, because it's a real need, and this is a year where there will be an unreal amount of talent still available in the 2nd round. If we wait until the fourth round we will get someone who isn't an upgrade over the mediocre players we have at that position now.
            agreed, and then we are completely neglecting dline depth.

A few decent LBs out there, Hutchins? from Cowboys. Kid from Jacksonville. Might be able to get them for DRCs cut money which would open up rd 2 for guice or Michel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

there's been quite a few 2-5th round rbs who have been good out the gates. And we still have all of FA to go. So the needs will be changing. wouldnt rule out RB in the 2nd wouldnt rule out CB in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG2 View Post
                With DRC being cut, (terrible move by Gettleman) with the amount of holes this team has, and the current cap situation, we probably won't have enough money to get a CB in Free Agency. So.... Has anyone been scouting the DB class this year, and I mean not just Minkah Fitzpatrick, guys that we can get on Day 3 that can give us realistically about 10-15 snaps a game.
                Take Ward or Fitzpatrick at #2.

Bigger need than RB or OG depending on how FA turns out

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Take Ward or Fitzpatrick at #2.

Bigger need than RB or OG depending on how FA turns out
                  strongly disagree. The entire offensive unit is absolutely terrible due to the oline. One guard and one second tier OT is not gonna cut it in free agency.

We could have a dominant defense, but with no running game and no time to let routes develop we will be one and done in the playoffs. Again.
                  Last edited by lasion2; 03-11-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lasion2 View Post

strongly disagree. The entire offensive unit is absolutely terrible due to the oline. One guard and one second tier OT is not gonna cut it in free agency.
                    So what, there is no OT worth the second. OG is not nearly as valuable as CB/FS.

Gettlemen seems to think more in line with you though, CAR's secondary was trash. Then again, most CAR fans say their OL was trash too haha

Comment

Fitz is the class of the dbs this year, and is gonna be a really good pro I think. But, much like the rb class with Barkley, there are going to be some nice players in rd2 if we get more picks, or even rd 3.

OG is much more valuable to us right now than db. We have jj, Cockrell (presumably), and...hiccup...Apple. Whereas we have Norwell (presumably) and...hiccup....no one even remotely serviceable at guard (Fluker is gone I think, and Jerry has proven to be a mediocre part of an astoundingly bad line)

Comment

Fitz is the class of the dbs this year, and is gonna be a really good pro I think. But, much like the rb class with Barkley, there are going to be some nice players in rd2 if we get more picks, or even rd 3.

OG is much more valuable to us right now than db. We have jj, Cockrell (presumably), and...hiccup...Apple. Whereas we have Norwell (presumably) and...hiccup....no one even remotely serviceable at guard (Fluker is gone I think, and Jerry has proven to be a mediocre part of an astoundingly bad line)

Comment

Not sure if i want Fitz at 2, but Jaire Alexander in the 2nd, Duke Dawson or Tavarrus McFadden in the 4th would be nice.

Theres also EJ Gaines in free agency, hes a good young cb but has battled injuries in his short career
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                            Not sure if i want Fitz at 2, but Jaire Alexander in the 2nd, Duke Dawson or Tavarrus McFadden in the 4th would be nice.

Theres also EJ Gaines in free agency, hes a good young cb but has battled injuries in his short career
                            agreed. Nick Nelson also probably there at 3.

Comment

McFadden in the 4th would be nice.. Big corner who plays like a WR.. lots of picks

Comment

Working...
                              X