Our RB's.... Guice's Film > Barkley's Film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our RB's.... Guice's Film > Barkley's Film

I believe Gallman can be our poor man's version of Tevin Coleman.
    Perkins is looking like a reach pick at this point, but I'm willing to let him prove he isn't as soft as his film makes him out to be.
    Darkawa is who he is. He has reached his potential and is better suited in a backfield by committee at this point in his career.

Aside from those 2 guys::
    We have the option of drafting Barkley @ 2 if available, or wait it out selecting a RB in the second.
    I believe Guice is the MUCH BETTER option and probably the best RB in this year's draft. He runs with power inside the tackles and has vision and patience. When I watch his film i think LeVon Bell. If you do not believe me check it out for yourself.

If we draft Barkley it'll be a BIG mistake. Gettlemen said he wanted football players. Guice is the prototypical 'FOOTBALL PLAYER'. Barkley still has question marks about running inside the tackles, vision, and being a ground and pound guy.

P.S. - Guice is an NFL caliber pass protector as well.

https://youtu.be/xjzO_aEB6IY

https://youtu.be/KV3FmlFAqWE
    sigpic

Well we'd only get Guice if we trade back, he won't be there in round 2. But he does look like a Giant that's for sure
    Last edited by TrueBlue15; 03-13-2018, 10:24 AM. Reason: Giant quote

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
      Well we'd only get Guice if we trade back, he won't be there in round 2. But he does look like a Giant that's for sure
      I can see him being there at the top of the second. We can trade back with Buffalo for their 12th & 22nd. Get a Guard/Tackle, then snatch Guice with the 22nd. In a perfect world of course.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

I can see him being there at the top of the second. We can trade back with Buffalo for their 12th & 22nd. Get a Guard/Tackle, then snatch Guice with the 22nd. In a perfect world of course.
        Wouldn’t be unhappy with Guice but Barkley is a better back.
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Wouldn’t be unhappy with Guice but Barkley is a better back.
          "better back" is all about perspective, but i respect your opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

"better back" is all about perspective, but i respect your opinion.
            I watched the combine for RB’s yesterday and Barkley is much more fluid. Kind of reminds me of OBJ during his combine workouts.
            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

I watched the combine for RB’s yesterday and Barkley is much more fluid. Kind of reminds me of OBJ during his combine workouts.
              The combine is one thing, but I'd rather judge RB's on their gametape. You end up passing on quality running backs when you value the combine more than the film. Kamara, Hunt, Freeman, Langford, David Johnson all passed over because of "decent" combine numbers.
              sigpic

Comment

Guice is so small. Fast yes but he's so little. Barkley carries 230 lbs and can run and catch also. Guice size just has me heading in the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                  Guice is so small. Fast yes but he's so little. Barkley carries 230 lbs and can run and catch also. Guice size just has me heading in the other direction.
                  We never had an issue with Bradshaw....
                  sigpic

Comment

I believe Gallman can be our poor man's version of Tevin Coleman.
                    Perkins is looking like a reach pick at this point, but I'm willing to let him prove he isn't as soft as his film makes him out to be.
                    Darkawa is who he is. He has reached his potential and is better suited in a backfield by committee at this point in his career.

Aside from those 2 guys::
                    We have the option of drafting Barkley @ 2 if available, or wait it out selecting a RB in the second.
                    I believe Guice is the MUCH BETTER option and probably the best RB in this year's draft. He runs with power inside the tackles and has vision and patience. When I watch his film i think LeVon Bell. If you do not believe me check it out for yourself.

If we draft Barkley it'll be a BIG mistake. Gettlemen said he wanted football players. Guice is the prototypical 'FOOTBALL PLAYER'. Barkley still has question marks about running inside the tackles, vision, and being a ground and pound guy.

P.S. - Guice is an NFL caliber pass protector as well.

https://youtu.be/xjzO_aEB6IY

https://youtu.be/KV3FmlFAqWE
                    But, Barkley is a generational RB!

I don't know what makes him a generational RB, but I've heard a lot of people say it. So, it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

But, Barkley is a generational RB!

I don't know what makes him a generational RB, but I've heard a lot of people say it. So, it must be true.
                      I feel the same way.... Reggie Bush was also a Generational RB crushed his pro-day. I rarely get hyped up on numbers anymore. Show me the tape, I'll show you a good/bad player. Barkley will be a good RB but Guice has more tools right now to be great, in my opinion.
                      sigpic

Comment

I feel the same way.... Reggie Bush was also a Generational RB crushed his pro-day. I rarely get hyped up on numbers anymore. Show me the tape, I'll show you a good/bad player. Barkley will be a good RB but Guice has more tools right now to be great, in my opinion.
                        The numbers weren't even all that impressive. 47 yards against Georgia State? 44 against Ohio State? 35 against Rutgers?

Just be prepared to take abuse from the Barkettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

The numbers weren't even all that impressive. 47 yards against Georgia State? 44 against Ohio State? 35 against Rutgers?

Just be prepared to take abuse from the Barkettes.
                          The film doesn't lie, probably why I haven't seen any signs of the Barkettes as of yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

We never had an issue with Bradshaw....
                            Yea I know and even Tiki but Tiki did seem to run inside in my recollection. We already have 2 backs like this in Gallman and Perkins. I feel we need a bigger guy to make the offense run game go, especially inside. We just haven't had this in the last 2 years when our offense was awful.

Comment

after missing out on Norwell, I'm guessing we'd take Nelson over Barkley. It's simply a much greater need, Nelson looks like he'll be really good, and at pick #2, he'll be relatively economical for a starting guard these days. Barkley on the other hand will be a top 3 paid running back right from the gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X