A forgettable Giants draft class is almost all gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A forgettable Giants draft class is almost all gone

"The Giants had 19 of their own unrestricted free agents and expect the majority of them to be employed elsewhere in 2018. The exodus started Tuesday, when center Weston Richburg agreed to a five-year deal with the 49ers and linebacker Devon Kennard agreed to a three-year contract with the Lions."

"Just like that, two members of the forgettable 2014 draft class are gone. That draft yielded Odell Beckham Jr. and not much else.

Richburg was the second-round pick, and he did not get a second contract. He lost his starting job last season to undrafted Canadian Brett Jones, was unhappy with the demotion and put on injured reserve with a concussion even after he cleared the protocol. The third-round pick, defensive tackle Jay Bromley, is also a free agent and never established himself as a starting player. The fourth-round pick, running back Andre Williams, was a washout with the Giants and is currently with the Chargers. Safety Nat Berhe and Kennard were fifth-round picks; Kennard started 35 games in four years and was not a very impactful player (9.5 sacks, one interception, three forced fumbles). Berhe is likely headed elsewhere after a history of injury issues and never cracking the starting rotation. The sixth-round pick, defensive back Bennett Jackson, endured a series of knee injuries and is trying to make it with the Ravens; he has yet to play in an NFL game."

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/a-forg...most-all-gone/

Last edited by bigjeep; 03-13-2018, 05:00 PM.
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

And it took Eli to get Reese fired. The only player from that draft turns out to be a head case!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

How do you not throw up after reading that

Comment

Itís hard to believe we won any games these last few years. This team has not had a homerun draft since 07

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post
          How do you not throw up after reading that
          This is how you win 3 games!

Comment

Almost hard to believe how bad the last 10 drafts have been

Comment

You mean a forgettable draft class following other forgettable draft classes like 2012. lol...

Comment

Man I really like Berhe and Kennard. Just didn't work out. Solid guys though. The thing is most teams in the league will only have a couple guys from the 2014 draft left on their roster this year. All are free agents (other than 1st rounders) and most will not get another contract from their first team. That is the modern NFL. Next year we can write this article about 2015 when just Collins is left. The year after we can do 2016 when just Shep is left, maybe Thompson.

The outgoing (2014) class has to be better than the potential of the incoming (2018) class. And this happens every year, to every team. So unless you are really good you go away to make room for the new rookies to try and prove themselves.

Originally posted by jintslifer1 View Post
                Itís hard to believe we won any games these last few years. This team has not had a homerun draft since 07
                Last year was pretty dam good. Which is fitting because it was Reese's last.
                Last edited by IrishMike357; 03-13-2018, 10:14 PM.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

"The Giants had 19 of their own unrestricted free agents and expect the majority of them to be employed elsewhere in 2018. The exodus started Tuesday, when center Weston Richburg agreed to a five-year deal with the 49ers and linebacker Devon Kennard agreed to a three-year contract with the Lions."

"Just like that, two members of the forgettable 2014 draft class are gone. That draft yielded Odell Beckham Jr. and not much else.

Richburg was the second-round pick, and he did not get a second contract. He lost his starting job last season to undrafted Canadian Brett Jones, was unhappy with the demotion and put on injured reserve with a concussion even after he cleared the protocol. The third-round pick, defensive tackle Jay Bromley, is also a free agent and never established himself as a starting player. The fourth-round pick, running back Andre Williams, was a washout with the Giants and is currently with the Chargers. Safety Nat Berhe and Kennard were fifth-round picks; Kennard started 35 games in four years and was not a very impactful player (9.5 sacks, one interception, three forced fumbles). Berhe is likely headed elsewhere after a history of injury issues and never cracking the starting rotation. The sixth-round pick, defensive back Bennett Jackson, endured a series of knee injuries and is trying to make it with the Ravens; he has yet to play in an NFL game."

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/a-forg...most-all-gone/
                  I don't get this.
                  We drafted the most dynamic WR in the NFL.
                  And two other guys have left the team for nice contracts elsewhere AFTER JR is gone.

This is failure by JR?
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I don't get this.
                    And two other guys have left the team for nice contracts elsewhere AFTER JR is gone.

This is failure by JR?
                    OBJ would have made that draft great all by himself, IF HE WASN"T A HEADCASE! All my years watching Sports, I have never seen a HEADCASE turn things around. I'll be shocked, I tell you shocked, If this ends well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

OBJ would have made that draft great all by himself, IF HE WASN"T A HEADCASE! All my years watching Sports, I have never seen a HEADCASE turn things around. I'll be shocked, I tell you shocked, If this ends well.
                      It's JR's fault he became a head case? The coaching staff had a chance to reel him in, starting with Tom Coughlin, and they failed.

Comment

I don't get this.

This is failure by JR?
                        JR just picked the best WR available at the time. Why does he deserve credit for actually getting it right with a first round pick?

A good GM should be able to evaluate talent later rounds too. His lazy ***** got too comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

JR just picked the best WR available at the time. Why does he deserve credit for actually getting it right with a first round pick?

A good GM should be able to evaluate talent later rounds too. His lazy ***** got too comfortable.
                          What evidence to you have that he was "lazy"?

Comment

What evidence to you have that he was "lazy"?
                            His plethora of draft misses.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

His plethora of draft misses.
                              So missing on picks is a sign of "laziness"???

That is an odd point of view.

Comment

Working...
                              X