Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barkley is the pick!! Browns to sign Carlos Hyde to 3 yr deal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barkley is the pick!! Browns to sign Carlos Hyde to 3 yr deal.

Browns to sign Carlos Hyde to 3 year deal... Hyde and Duke, no way they draft Barkley. Im sure the first thing Hyde asked is if they plan on signing Barkley so he was assured he'd be their starter. He's ours if we want him (i think). Hope this pans out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...han-15-million
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 03-14-2018, 09:41 AM.
    2018 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
    2. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
    3. Conner Williams OT Texas OR Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
    4. Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Unless someone trades up to number one for him..

You never know how crazy some teams can get about getting a player like him.

But yeah I think he is ours if we want him!

Comment

I'm not going to say "we are definitely taking this guy," but he would be my pick if the Browns do in fact pass on him. I still think the Browns go for their franchise QB here, but anything is possible and Chubb or Fitz wouldn't surprise me as their 1st. If our FO is in absolute love with a QB then I could see going that route, but if not I think Barkley is our best bet. I like Nelson too, but certainly not over Barkley and I still think 2nd overall is too high for a OG.
      2018 Draft Wishlist:

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

don't matter how good Barkley is, if we have a crap shoot OL again he won't do anything.

hopefully we sign Solder and trade back with Denver maybe since it doesn't look like Clevland will trade from 4 to 2 and get Nelson

Comment

I prefer a number of players over Barkley - Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, and if we take a non-QB, my pick would be Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
            I prefer a number of players over Barkley - Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, and if we take a non-QB, my pick would be Nelson.
            I just dont want Rosen off that list, injury prone and its only going to get worse for him. That drops his stock in my book.
            2018 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Not liking this news...

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post
                don't matter how good Barkley is, if we have a crap shoot OL again he won't do anything.

hopefully we sign Solder and trade back with Denver maybe since it doesn't look like Clevland will trade from 4 to 2 and get Nelson
                Obviously we are all hoping for Oline help this season. You think Denver still goes aggressively after a QB after the Keenum signing? Im not sold on that but who knows.
                2018 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                  if we take a non-QB, my pick would be Nelson.
                  I love Nelson, but 2nd pick in the draft and I have some concerns. Im sure it would be easy to coax me out of them tho. He's just not even a Tackle and I know there are a lot of people who think he can move there (which I believe he played in high school), but we haven't seen that, so who is going to use a #2 pick "in hopes of." Gaurds are usually a dime a dozen and I know he is special but.. last time an OG went in top 5 of a draft was 2001 (Leonard Davis). Bootom line is he's awesome, but I say all this because Im still skeptic of him at the 2 overall spot.
                  2018 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Id take a QB or Nelson before Barkley. I don't get the appeal with Reggie Bush 2.0. But fans love shiny objects I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                      Id take a QB or Nelson before Barkley. I don't get the appeal with Reggie Bush 2.0. But fans love shiny objects I guess.
                      How many times are you going to compare him to Bush? We get it. Fact of the matter is Bush was awesome in college and still pretty dam good in the NFL even tho he didnt translate into what some expected. Im still under the impression he wasn't used correctly most of the time and did a lot of splitting the carries. Barkley is not Bush tho and they are 2 completely different backs. Hes also compared to Kareem Hunt, David Johnson, and Zeke Elliott so what have you say there?
                      2018 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

You're right Reggie Bush was much better, bad comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                          You're right Reggie Bush was much better, bad comparison.
                          Man, you know your football. Im open to a lot of options and ready to support our pick. I'm starting to think more and more its Barkley now with the Solder signing. I hope Im right, Barkley crushes it next year, and no-it-alls like you are eating crow.
                          2018 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

k we'll see

Comment

I think the Browns will trade their 1st overall pick after this signing.

Comment

Working...
                              X