If i知 The Browns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i知 The Browns

If I知 the Browns, I trade with Buffalo for their (2) first rounders. Get my franchise QB at No. 4 and use the other two picks on other major needs. Makes them instant playoff contenders IMO.

12 and 22 wouldn't be enough to move up to 1
    They'd have to throw in at least 2019 1st round plus maybe (2) 3rds

Comment

Agreed, I don稚 know the full logistics of this move, but I think it would be in their best interests. If I知 a browns fan, this is what I would want.

Think it would be a good move for the G-men too, but it痴 better for the Browns since they would still keep a top 4 pick.

Comment

That is a terrible idea.

If they are sold on a QB, they have to take him at 1.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantsLife17 View Post
          If I知 the Browns, I trade with Buffalo for their (2) first rounders. Get my franchise QB at No. 4 and use the other two picks on other major needs. Makes them instant playoff contenders IMO.
          Why would they give up their #1 pick if their #4 pick would be more than enough to get the Bills 2 first rounders?

Comment

The way I see it is they may not be sold on one guy at QB, but have to take a chance on one with two top four picks anyways.

One reason they give up their first overall in this scenario is because they think the Giants will make the same trade to give up their number two overall..

just a thought

Comment

I think it's easy to look at this situation as fans, as outsiders, and think the Browns should trade down to accumulate more picks.

But there is the consideration that this is a business, and over the past few years the Browns have not been managed well. I have to believe that ownership is concerned about fan support when the fans can point to management being overly cute with their analytics approach, and missing out on guys like Wentz or Watson.

I think if their is a guy they like at QB, they will get directive from ownership to take them at #1 so they aren't left holding the bag at #4 if that guy is gone.

Comment

The browns will take their QB at 1. If any movement from them comes it will be with the #4. They have set themselves up great to take a QB.

Comment

They should move to orlando and become The Orlando Browns......
                  Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantsLife17 View Post
                    Good Lord! Please pass me some of what you guys are smoking!! Take Barkley at # 1 and a QB at # 4. Why would you do anything else?

It would be madness to do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jstdad2017 View Post

Good Lord! Please pass me some of what you guys are smoking!! Take Barkley at # 1 and a QB at # 4. Why would you do anything else?

Unless you want the best qb in this class... Probably a couple qbs will be gone by 4.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        That is a terrible idea.

If they are sold on a QB, they have to take him at 1.
                        Exactly.

The OP isn't far off though. The Browns should, and I think will, trade the #4 pick to Buffalo. They will get two more first rounders this year and a 1st next year and a couple other picks sprinkled in there. Having the #1, #12 and #22 picks this year and two firsts next year would be huge for them. Right now they are ahead of the game with all these first round picks, they need to keep turning these picks into more picks.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Jstdad2017 View Post

That's what I've been saying all along as their best move. But with the Hyde signing I'm not so sure they're going that route.
                          It's looking like QB at #1 and maybe Fitzpatrick at # 4 ? Of course having both Barkley and Hyde may be their plan.
                          They would be an awesome 1 , 2 punch

Comment

They take thier QB at #1, and if the Bills QB is still there at #4 and Barkley isnt (Im assuming the Browns want Barkley too), trade that pick with them.
                            http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X