Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft

1. RB Saquon Barkley- I think Browns likely pass on Barkley after the addition of Carlos Hyde. The Giants take the drafts BPA and he will be an immediate impact player and star in NY. The threat of Barkley will open up the offense for Manning, Beckham, Engram, and company while giving the Giants a true lead RB, something they havenít had in years. I think a QB also makes sense here, but I just have a feeling that Gettleman will opt to build around Eli rather than find his replacement.

2. OG Braden Smith- This might be too rich for Smith, but he is a guy who can come in and start right away at RG. He was a mauler and a solid player in the SEC, and should help solidify the Giants OL. He tested very well at the combine, and has good film. He will be a key in clearing lanes for Barkley. Also worth noting that Isaiah Wynn and Will Hernandez were both off the board at this point, as I think they both go towards the end of R1.

3. CB MJ Stewart- The Giants cut DRC, Janoris Jenkins is turning 30 this season, and Eli Apple is a bit of an unknown. CB is a definite hole in the roster, and Stewart is a talented player. Iíve seen him mocked as high as round 2, but this is a deep CB class and I can definitely see him slipping to pick 66, which is more his range. He is a feisty player who can play the slot or outside. Good tackler, good athlete who plays with physicality and is technically sound.

4. C Frank Ragnow- Ragnow is just too good to pass on at this point. Brett Jones was tendered, but he is only under contract for 1 year and has less than a years worth of starts at C under his belt. Ragnow can compete with Jones, and eventually take over for Jones as the C of the future.

5. 34 DE Trenton Thompson- The Giants need to add depth to the DL, and Thompson is a guy who can fit the scheme as a 3-4 DE due to his length and decent athleticism.

Cool with Barkley, hes 1 of many id be fine with in the 1st

While i like Braden Smith, 2nd is too high in my mind. If we go OG and Wynn and Hernandez are off the board, id want Billy Price or James Daniels.

Im a fan of MJ Stewart in the 3rd

LOVE Ragnow in the 4th, he could start day 1 at OG or C

Cant say im familiar with Thompson, honestly i havent really focused much on DL this offseason
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
      Cool with Barkley, hes 1 of many id be fine with in the 1st

While i like Braden Smith, 2nd is too high in my mind. If we go OG and Wynn and Hernandez are off the board, id want Billy Price or James Daniels.

Im a fan of MJ Stewart in the 3rd

LOVE Ragnow in the 4th, he could start day 1 at OG or C

Cant say im familiar with Thompson, honestly i havent really focused much on DL this offseason
      I like Daniels in the 2nd.
      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Love this thread. Love the mindset. Can we shoe horn a LB in here somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

I like Daniels in the 2nd.
          I like Daniels as well, outstanding movement and footwork to go along with excellent technique, his biggest knock is his ability to drive rushers deep, but strength is something you can work on..... Hes like the anit-flowers, LOL
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I am 110% convinced we are trading back in this draft. The writing just seems to be ALL over the walls. Gettleman has made it clear that the O line is the priority and that he thinks Eli has at least 2 more years left and he wants to win NOW.

Scenario 1: Trade down with the cross town rival Jets for their 6th overall, 2nd in 2018, 1st in 2019 and 3rd in 2019... make em really pay for it. Then i would hope we would be able to snag Nelson to be our All Pro Guard of the future.

Scenario 2: Buffalo is making an obvious push for a QB this draft and they're getting close enough to having the assets to do so. The 12th overall they acquired from Cincy as well as the 22nd overall, 2nd rounder in 2018. 1st in 2019 and 2nd in 2019 would be the haul i would sign off on setting us up with a great shot at getting our QB out the future next draft and grabbing Roquan Smith with that 12 pick this year.

I honestly just don't want any of these quarterbacks this draft and as much as i love Barkley, I realized in the case of the chicken or the egg, the O line comes first... then you can get a RB.. maybe with an extra second rounder snag Sony Michel.....

Whos in?

Comment

Working...
            X