Late round gems- your guys in this draft who you want the Giants to take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late round gems- your guys in this draft who you want the Giants to take

mid-late round guy who you think is going to be an absolute steal?

I started off by saying Sony Michel during the season, but his stock has now soared and he'll be off the board in the first 50 or so picks.

My new guy- RB Mark Walton.

I think he'll last till round 4 or 5. Has some injury concerns, and he did not test particularly well at the combine. Plus, he is only 205 lbs. But- this guy just makes things happen when he runs. He just looks smooth when he runs, like a real natural. I feel like those types of guys always translate well. He has breakaway speed that shows up on film, and incredible balance and shiftiness. Also, he is a smooth receiver. Better than Michel is.

Also like Siran Neal, a versatile and rangy safety from Jax St and Shaun Dion Hamilton, a guy who flew under the radar at Bama and is a bit undersized/injured in his past, but could make a team and contribute as a late rounder. SDH started over Rueben Foster AND Rashaan Evans at one point in time. The dude can play if he is healthy.

Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T - great size, and has all the tools to become a starting tackle. I always pick the guy in the 4th or 5th in every mock I do.

He is beginning to rise up draft boards as I said when you could of grabbed him in the 6th round....probably now going to go in the 3rd round.

D.J. Reed, CB, Kansas State - another one of the late round picks I always had on my mocks, before we traded them late picks away away. haha. He is tiny, he is quick to stick, and he is a fly to slot receivers like they are a rotting corpse. He too is beginning to rise the boards, not the corpse. Strictly an undersized nickel back. He's got some talent. Can be had maybe in the 5th round?... as the CB class is deep. Tell him to cover a certain slot receiver, and he will buzz the heck of his will to run a route...good tackler as well, especially for a little guy.
    Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

I've analyzed certain positions. RB is one that I enjoyed watching film on. I like Kalen Ballage. Dude is going to be a steal in the draft just like David Johnson was. I also love Bo Scarbourgh. What an athletic freak he is. He destroyed the combine like Barkley did. He lays down the punishment like Brandon Jacobs but he has the breakaway speed too.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
        I've analyzed certain positions. RB is one that I enjoyed watching film on. I like Kalen Ballage. Dude is going to be a steal in the draft just like David Johnson was. I also love Bo Scarbourgh. What an athletic freak he is. He destroyed the combine like Barkley did. He lays down the punishment like Brandon Jacobs but he has the breakaway speed too.
        Agree 100%. He's also on most of my mocks, and I was getting him on fanspeak on certain big boards in the 6th. Actually, many mocks I have him the only back I had to choose.

I'm guessing he goes third round due to the draft being so deep, and yeah, he is being noticed and rising on many major mocks. Could be the best receiving back in the entire draft.....seems a perfect fit for Shurmur
        Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

What the hell happened to Bo Scarborough and how is he not a 2nd round evaluation?

I remember two years ago he was being slated this year's top halfback prospect by some.

Size. Speed. Athleticism. Dude is a beast. Maybe his head isn't in the right place. He's fallen to like the 15th ranked halfback lol...

Comment

Scarborough, i believe had a knee issue.
            Plus, he did not start for bama

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
              I've have also been singing Bo Scarbrough praises for a while now. Dude is a beat. Would make a good combo with Gallman.

Josh Adams is another RB that I think will be a stud if he gets the chance. To round out my Irish wants I'd say Equanimeounios St. Brown, the 6-4 WR from Notre Dame. He is projected for anywhere from round 1 to round 4 from what I have seen, he would be a steal in the 3rd or 4th for sure. Big, fast, catches with his hands, played in a pro offense. If he played with Brady Quinn instead of the bums he had he'd be the #1 WR taken.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Rugby player Jordan Mailata (6-8, 345 pounds) giving NFL a shot

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ing-nfl-a-shot

Comment

Arden Key who was once considered the #1 Pick in this draft during those very EARLY Mock Draft now has like a Late Second or 3rd Round Projection

Reminds me a lot of another LSU guy Danielle Hunter who now play for the Vikings and also fell in the draft to the 3rd Round Ironically Enough

Key would be a steal if you can get him in a 3rd Round especially in this new 3-4 Defense as a Edge

Comment

nice thread. good stuff so far....

i'll try to give some names that nobody else mentions. the NYG are going to need to grab some good draft picks and hopefully some good UDFA picks this year. next years draft will be thin. This years draft class has a record number of juniors.some fo those juniors would be top guys in next years draft had they stayed in school another year. any of the Qbs outside of the top 4 are underrated. very deep QB class IMO. some just need to develop. here are a couple of guy i liked that nobody else does LOL>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbrTh2GOdV0

cover LB jerome baker^^^

troy apke S penn state>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1GrSj0L50
                    Troy Apke FS 2018 9.92
                    https://relativeathleticscores.com/2...aft-class-ras/
                    Last edited by bigpoppy; 03-20-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                      mid-late round guy who you think is going to be an absolute steal?

I started off by saying Sony Michel during the season, but his stock has now soared and he'll be off the board in the first 50 or so picks.

My new guy- RB Mark Walton.

I think he'll last till round 4 or 5. Has some injury concerns, and he did not test particularly well at the combine. Plus, he is only 205 lbs. But- this guy just makes things happen when he runs. He just looks smooth when he runs, like a real natural. I feel like those types of guys always translate well. He has breakaway speed that shows up on film, and incredible balance and shiftiness. Also, he is a smooth receiver. Better than Michel is.

Also like Siran Neal, a versatile and rangy safety from Jax St and Shaun Dion Hamilton, a guy who flew under the radar at Bama and is a bit undersized/injured in his past, but could make a team and contribute as a late rounder. SDH started over Rueben Foster AND Rashaan Evans at one point in time. The dude can play if he is healthy.
                      Wow....It's funny to me that you picked the one RB that I absolutely do not want and I'm pretty sure he is not that great.

Mark Walton is 5'9 and a small back. He took most of his snaps out of the shotgun and he was getting stonewalled at the LOS on a lot of plays. Nothing spectacular about his game and I definitely would not draft him. He is not better than Paul Perkins. I actually can't stand his game.

I would watch game tape and not just his highlights, as he is not what we need as far as a between the tackles, gritty 3 down runner. And I'm bigger than he is.

Did I mention that he was slow as hell at the combine. %'9 guys in the NFL that run 4.6 is laughable....Not only is he tiny, but he can't outrun some Dlinemen.

Last edited by Gee718; 03-20-2018, 03:12 PM.
                      Long Live the King

Comment

Here are my mid to late round Gems

Kalen Ballage (RB)

Bo Scarbrough (RB) - His stock is dropping, but I like big backs and I cannot lie.

Colby Gossett - OL - Fast, strong and fundamentally sound. Looked great at the combine

Desmond Harrison (OT) - Undersized but room to add bulk. Moves great laterally and very quick. Will be a starter in 2 years of given a good trainer.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Wow....It's funny to me that you picked the one RB that I absolutely do not want and I'm pretty sure he is not that great.

Mark Walton is 5'9 and a small back. He took most of his snaps out of the shotgun and he was getting stonewalled at the LOS on a lot of plays. Nothing spectacular about his game and I definitely would not draft him. He is not better than Paul Perkins. I actually can't stand his game.

I would watch game tape and not just his highlights, as he is not what we need as far as a between the tackles, gritty 3 down runner. And I'm bigger than he is.

Did I mention that he was slow as hell at the combine. %'9 guys in the NFL that run 4.6 is laughable....Not only is he tiny, but he can't outrun some Dlinemen.
                          Fair enough. I like him. I know he ran slow at the combine, but that was a disappointing time and to me does not match up with what I see on film. He has plenty of speed and burst.

Also, he is small, but I like him for what he is- a Kamara type of offensive weapon. He won't be an every down back, but he will be a very useful NFL player that could be available in the 5th

Comment

One thing I like about Walton. He's evil in pass protection.
                            Long Live the King

Comment

DT-Nathan Shepherd impressive at the Senior Bowl before injuring his hand.
                              Levi Wallace CB Bama
                              LB'S. D. Leonard, Leon Jacobs and F. Warner
                              Agree, with Brandon Parker OT looked good at Senior Bowl .
                              Brandon Mahon Penn St. played OT projected at OG .Good size.
                              Last edited by fifthavephil; 03-21-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X