Late round gems- your guys in this draft who you want the Giants to take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

brett toth has 2 years in the armed services before he can play i think.... he would be an UDFA most likely...how would that work if he does not get drafted? can they take him as an UDFA and put him on the practice squad for 2 years or something? can some team somehow claim his rights without drafting him?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I didn't realize that.

You mentioned Nyheim Hines in a previous thread on page 2. It may have been me who started the thread, as I've been touting both Hines and Samuels from NC State. I happen to be a fan of NC State, and honestly think they could have 4-6 legit NFL players in this years draft:

Here's an article referencing just that: https://247sports.com/college/north-...raft-115066962
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
      Arden Key who was once considered the #1 Pick in this draft during those very EARLY Mock Draft now has like a Late Second or 3rd Round Projection

Reminds me a lot of another LSU guy Danielle Hunter who now play for the Vikings and also fell in the draft to the 3rd Round Ironically Enough

Key would be a steal if you can get him in a 3rd Round especially in this new 3-4 Defense as a Edge
      Agree on Key. 3rd round is the latest I've seen him projected because of "character concerns". But the dude is a monster and I would love to take him. I don't personally fault him for quitting on Coach O who I think is an awful head coach.
      2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
      Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
      Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
      Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
      Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
      Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
      Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick89 View Post
        levi Wallace CB from Alabama, everytime I watched bama during the season he just stood out on the screen

Jon Kelly RB Tennessee
        Good eye Nick! John Kelly is my favorite underrated back because he runs like a man possessed. I haven't seen a RB run as hard/angry/determined as he does since Marshawn Lynch or one of my all time favorite Giants, Ahmad Bradshaw. People want to talk about Derrius Guice as a tough/angry runner, but Kelly makes him look like a tip toe burglar in comparison. Bo Scarbrough? Nope, even less. Besides, I've never been fans of tall RBs since they tend to run upright and can't get their pads low. They also tend to take many hits on their legs, and thus don't last long.

Although we love angry runners, unfortunately that style of running does not last long due to the obvious reason. Nice thing about Kelly is he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear since he had to split carries with Alvin Kamara and Jalen Hurd his first 2 years.

Comment

great video!.. John Kelly is one angry runner.. Jeez

Comment

cb/S Siran neal. been big fan since day 1... this synopisis breaks it down well as to why he is so intriguing....

also S tryp apke >>>>>

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/04/...-the-safeties/

Siran Neal Ė Jacksonville State Ė 6í0″ Ė 206 pounds

Ok, Iíll be open and up front about this. I havenít been able to watch enough game film on Jacksonville Stateís Siran Neal to be able to give him my usual vote of confidence. The problem is that since he went to Jacksonville State there arenít game cut ups available like there are these other prospects.

His spot on this wish list is based on a few different things. First and foremost, the highlight video below. Now, I am usually not a highlight video fan. Everybody looks promising when you just show their best plays back to back. You only really get a feel for a player when you see them play in and play out. HOWEVER, what this video shows is a guy that is physical enough to be a force against the run and has the coverage skills, speed, and agility to line up man to man in the slot and stick to wide receivers. Yes, this was at a small school so the competition was weak, but the traits he shows are very tempting. Itís definitely worth your time to give it a watch. Youíll see Neal line up as a true safety, a slot corner, and a nickel linebacker.

If you combine those highlights with reports that Neal stood out during Senior Bowl week practices and his NFL Combine performance (17 bench press reps, 4.56 forty, 40.5 inch vertical) you get a prospect that would be well worth a shot in the middle to late rounds. I donít know if Neal would be a perfect fit to start in Parkerís old spot or not. However, when you get to that point in the draft even if he works better as a dime back it is worth it. I think he shows some real promise and would love to see him end up in Kansas City.

Iíve got one more late round option.

Troy Apke Ė Penn State Ė 6í1″ Ė 200 pounds

Troy Apke was likely headed towards being an undrafted free agent before his combine performance. He didnít put up huge numbers at Penn State and when you watch his game tape its ďokayĒ. So why would the Chiefs want to use a late round pick on him? Because he showed some FREAKISH athletic ability at the combine. Normally that wouldnít be enough to win me over but Apke only really has one year of playing experience as a safety. He came to Penn State as a receiver and his senior year was the only year he started in college. Obviously this would make Apke both a major project and a gamble. However, if the Chiefs think they can develop his game he certainly has the athletic upside to take a flier on.

Look at these combine results (and where it ranked amongst the safeties).

40 time: 4.34 seconds (1st)
            Bench Press: 16 reps (11th)
            Vertical Jump: 41 inches (3rd)
            Broad Jump: 131 inches (4th)
            3 Cone Drill: 6.56 seconds (1st)
            20 Yard Shuttle: 4.03 seconds (1st)

He didnít just win the underwear olympics he left all the other safeties in the dust. Now, that guarantees absolutely nothing at the next level, but I like my late round picks to have some home run potential. Troy Apke may not be a very safe pick, but the upside potential is definitely there. The Chiefs would just need to sign a veteran to help their weak safety depth while they try to develop Apke.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              CB Holton Hill Texas - He has the talent to be an NFL star, just has some off the field issues.
              If this dude ever figures it out, he could be a first round talent possibly available in the 5th. Lots of red flags but a guy that talented will be a later round pick for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Makin Plays View Post

If this dude ever figures it out, he could be a first round talent possibly available in the 5th. Lots of red flags but a guy that talented will be a later round pick for a reason.
                Agreed

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVmff0yRrY8

tweener size but dude looks unblockable in highlights^^^^

Comment

how about Godwin Igwebuike a Safety from Northwestern and Genard Avery a LB from Memphis

Comment

Rugby player Jordan Mailata (6-8, 345 pounds) giving NFL a shot

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ing-nfl-a-shot

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/nfl-t...-league-player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MJIHBeVNqyQ

hog mollie?

Comment

Brandon Silvers QB Troy

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/brando...1-1b6872506744
                        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick89 View Post
                          levi Wallace CB from Alabama, everytime I watched bama during the season he just stood out on the screen

Jon Kelly RB Tennessee
                          I would love Kelly. Probably one of my favorite later round pick.

Comment

Big fan of Wyatt Teller out of VT. Think you could get him in the 4th and he could be a starter pretty soon. Iím sure Gettleman sees some flashes of Norwell in him.

Deshon Elliot is another guy I like. Really good thumper with good size and solid coverage skills. Good blitzer as well.

Dane Cruikshank also is a guy Bettcher may like as a money backer type. Very similar to Elliot and may be available even later.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVmff0yRrY8

tweener size but dude looks unblockable in highlights^^^^
                              Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

When Okoronkwo was on the field at Oklahoma, he did nothing but dominate as a pass-rusher. He notched 134 career pressures on 781 pass-rushing snaps, including 52 combined sacks and hits. The latter is largely due to his ability to consistently win on first contact. Because of his size (6-foot-1, 252-pounds), thatís who heís going to have to be and what heís going to have to do in the NFL. Okoronkwo backed up his career numbers at the combine where he broad jumped 10-foot-1 and posted a 38-inch vertical Ė both excellent figures for an edge rusher.
                              https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ate-to-the-nfl

Comment

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

When Okoronkwo was on the field at Oklahoma, he did nothing but dominate as a pass-rusher. He notched 134 career pressures on 781 pass-rushing snaps, including 52 combined sacks and hits. The latter is largely due to his ability to consistently win on first contact. Because of his size (6-foot-1, 252-pounds), thatís who heís going to have to be and what heís going to have to do in the NFL. Okoronkwo backed up his career numbers at the combine where he broad jumped 10-foot-1 and posted a 38-inch vertical Ė both excellent figures for an edge rusher.
                                https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ate-to-the-nfl
                                http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...1-95cde9bf52ed

discussion of obionkanobe LOL^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X