Understanding Saquon Barkley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Barber was sensational his last 5 years. All worldly. That is exactly what Im expecting from Barkley. Anything less will be disappointing. The #2 pick is the #2 pick. Thats why my expectations are sky high. DG said he is going to be the "Peyton Manning of RBs" pretty much. Lets hope it works better than the "JPP of TEs".
    The only reason I don't expect that much production is because Barber was the entire team. With ODB, Engram and Shep on this team it would be tough for 1 RB to produce what Barber produced. I do anticipate him having that level of impact though.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

i get what you are saying. But it isn't realistic to expect generational rushing stats, when e1 already knows they are going to stack the box and stop the run because the NYG have Barkely in there. What IS realistic is to expect better passing stats and more points on the board. I think you get my point.
      If you can't expect it, they shouldn't have drafted him #2. And they won't be able to stack the box with Odell playing WR. I expect him to be near the top of not the top of the league in yards next year.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        The only reason I don't expect that much production is because Barber was the entire team. With ODB, Engram and Shep on this team it would be tough for 1 RB to produce what Barber produced. I do anticipate him having that level of impact though.
        Wouldn't it be harder to produce if Tiki was the entire team? Defenses would concentrate on him. Barkley will have a better QB and WRs and TE to help him out.

Comment

If you can't expect it, they shouldn't have drafted him #2. And they won't be able to stack the box with Odell playing WR. I expect him to be near the top of not the top of the league in yards next year.
          Nah. you are putting your own unrealism on the thing. I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. we'll see. Hope odell is healthy and back to form.

I'd like to see the NYG score 5 more points per game on average this year. That would be a Giant step in the right direction.
          Last edited by bigpoppy; 05-08-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Nah. you are putting your own unrealism on the thing. I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. we'll see. Hope odell is healthy and back to form.

I'd like to see the NYG score 5 more points per game on average this year. That would be a Giant step in the right direction.
            I dont truly expect it to happen, and thats why I would never draft a RB at 2. But we did. So that massive pressure to be great is on Barkley regardless of the team around him. He better be a human highlight or he will get labeled a bust pick. It's pick 2 not 22 or 32. Pick 2! If he is out produced by other backs in that class, you can't honestly say it was a good pico for RB.

That said, I hope he destroys the NFL.

Comment

I dont truly expect it to happen, and thats why I would never draft a RB at 2. But we did. So that massive pressure to be great is on Barkley regardless of the team around him. He better be a human highlight or he will get labeled a bust pick. It's pick 2 not 22 or 32. Pick 2! If he is out produced by other backs in that class, you can't honestly say it was a good pico for RB.

That said, I hope he destroys the NFL.
              Besides a consensus QB, Is there any player that is worth drafting at 2 overall? Ever? I question whether or not there is, considering the ridiculous hauls teams give up to move up into those high draft slots.

The NYG were in a tough spot with the 5 Qbs and lack of consensus, lack of QB needy team at 3 and 4 spots.... Can't blame them too much for taking the best player on their board though. It's always a crapshoot though. Can;t cry if the dude isn't immediately barry sanders. Just not how reality works.
              Last edited by bigpoppy; 05-08-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Besides a consensus QB, Is there any player that is worth drafting at 2 overall? Ever? I question whether or not there is, considering the ridiculous hauls teams give up to move up into those high draft slots.

The NYG were in a tough spot with the 5 Qbs and lack of consensus, lack of QB needy team at 3 and 4 spots.... Can't blame them too much for taking the best player on their board though. It's always a crapshoot though. Can;t cry if the dude isn't immediately barry sanders. Just not how reality works.
                I'm pretty happy with LT at #2, but I get your point.

Comment

Wouldn't it be harder to produce if Tiki was the entire team? Defenses would concentrate on him. Barkley will have a better QB and WRs and TE to help him out.
                  Don't get me wrong here, Tiki was amazing and yes it was extremely hard to produce those numbers with such little help around him which only points to Tiki's amazing talent. I don't expect those numbers from Barkley because these other guys will be gaining tons of yards and TDs on their own, taking away from the chances Barkley has. I still expect great numbers from him though. I just imagine he will play a smaller role in the offense than Tiki did.

2005 was the one year with massive production from RB, WR and TE and we ended up with the #4 team in yards and #3 scoring. Look at 2004 though and our starting WRs didn't even score a TD and Shockey only scored 2. Barber was the #3 receiver only 175 yards behind Toomer at #1. For most of those great Tiki years there was not much production from the other skill positions. I don't think ODB is only going to put up 750 yards. I also don't anticipate we get to #4 in yards and #3 in scoring...unless of course Barkley does put up Tiki numbers lmao.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

QB LT DE Maybe a shutdown lock up CB.

To me, RB and TE and DT and G are all no-no's top 5.

Comment

I still say Michael Dickson may be the best punter I've ever seen. He's Ray Guy good.

Can't understand why nobody took him before the 5th round.

Comment

I was of the mind that one of the best ways to measure positional value is by how much of a cap hit they get. You may be surprised to find what the results actually are>>>>

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-h...sitions-2014-9

a RB's cap is about 71% of what a QB's cap is. It is always evolving and changing and that was before all the recent big QB contracts......But also leveon bell should reset the RB market as well. so presuming it stays relatively stable....

But to say that one player is worth 3 players in a trade is ridiculous unless you are trading three Right tackles for a QB.

but rb, has a higher value than those other positions and its not so out of proportion with QB as i thought it would be.
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 05-09-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I still say Michael Dickson may be the best punter I've ever seen. He's Ray Guy good.

Can't understand why nobody took him before the 5th round.
                          ha ha

long snappers get no respect!

Comment

ha ha

long snappers get no respect!
                            DSez300_400x400.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X