Walter Footballs Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Footballs Mock Draft

They have us Trading Back with Buffalo and getting Edge Rusher Marcus Davenport at 12 and LB Rasheem Evans at 22

If you remember Davenport was the kid that the North couldn't block during the Senior Bowl Practices and took down Mayfield a few times in the game

Evans was dominating for Bama this year in their Title run

Didn't look yet on what we got in 2nd round with the Bills picks

https://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think they would take Fitz in that situation and hey should. Falling out of the top 10 and having to take a lesser prospect like Davenport is exactly what the Giants will be wanting to avoid. If they really wanted a pass rusher at that point Vita Vea would also be a better choice IMO (hands down)

Comment

IMO, canít take the Bills deal unles it includes this yearís first rounders, this yearís second, this yearís third and next yearís first

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        I think they would take Fitz in that situation and hey should. Falling out of the top 10 and having to take a lesser prospect like Davenport is exactly what the Giants will be wanting to avoid. If they really wanted a pass rusher at that point Vita Vea would also be a better choice IMO (hands down)
        In that particular situation id also say Fitzgerald would be the must pick..........But i would like Evans at 22

Comment

I think Iíd take Fitz & Hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            IMO, canít take the Bills deal unles it includes this yearís first rounders, this yearís second, this yearís third and next yearís first
            Agree. All that and a more than sure idea that you will still be able to draft a player you really want. I donít really see a trade with them working out. Some other team might trade with them but the Giants probably have a chance to take the exact player they want at 2. A GMís dream.

Comment

I think that could be very close an actual deal if one does materialize óó Jet deal with the #6 and early 2nds this year from Colts really set expensive standard that I wish DG had acted on.

Comment

I would like your trade very much but I'm thinking I might take slightly less. Buffalo's 2 firsts and 2nd this year. Now of course if we could get another 1st rd next year. But I might settle for a 2nd rd next year. If we could squeeze a 3rd rounder in there this year or next great !

But 3 picks in the first 34 picks would be great. I'm thinking OL, CB, RB. Not necessarily in that order. Plus there would still be Buffalo's 2nd rd pick left at #22 of the 2nd rd. And now we have two 3rd rounders already in the first 7 picks of that round.

Comment

Looking at Davenport's play versus Baylor, Texas A&M I can say he's closer to being a dominate player at the edge rusher position than anyone else in the draft. His raw talent reminds me of JPP at USF.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think teams are willing to trade up this year because universally people are saying that this draft class isn't very deep. The RBs are quite deep, but everything else isn't. Talent level drops off quickly after the first round. The WR class is one of the worst in a while. There's just Calvin Ridley at the top and all the other WRs are being graded as 2nd to 3rd round talents. That's really bad. You are going to see teams gobble up the defensive and offensive line players after the QB mania happens. I don't expect many OL tackles to be selected but Guards and Centers will be coming off the board.

Getting picks in the 3rd round and beyond won't have much value. That's why the Bills would probably have no problem giving up a 3rd round selection in a trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post

Getting picks in the 3rd round and beyond won't have much value. That's why the Bills would probably have no problem giving up a 3rd round selection in a trade up.
                      unless you want a running back
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

unless you want a running back
                        Yes, but if you take a RB in the 2nd round then there's no reason to select one in the 3rd and beyond. If Sony Michel is there in the 2nd round it might be tempting to take him there. I guess you'd need some great patients and pass on RBs until the 3rd round and beyond to reap the benefits of this draft class. But other teams know that the value in this class is in the RBs so towards the end of the 2nd round you may start seeing RBs flying off the board and especially in the 3rd round. Once you start getting into the 4th round finding talent will be much harder.

If I'm drafting I want the guys most likely to succeed. I don't want too many projects or trying to convert players to new positions. I think Jerry Reese did that too much. Put your players in a position that suits them so that they can succeed.

Comment

Plug and Play = Nelson or Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
                            Looking at Davenport's play versus Baylor, Texas A&M I can say he's closer to being a dominate player at the edge rusher position than anyone else in the draft. His raw talent reminds me of JPP at USF.
                            Chubb?

Comment

I remember cringing when they said the Giants would select Flowers weeks before the draft....and they selected him

Comment

Working...
                              X