Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft 2018: Giants to host Penn State RB Saquon Barkley for visit

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "The Giants, owners of the No. 2 overall pick in next month's NFL Draft, will host Penn State standout running back Saquon Barkley for a pre-draft visit, general manager Dave Gettleman told reporters at the NFL Annual Meeting on Tuesday.

"In 10 years, no," Gettleman said, when asked if he's ever seen a running back with Barkley's skill-set. "He can string together moves and get in and out of stuff ... He's unique. There's no doubt about it. He's big. He's powerful. He can step on the gas at different levels of speed. And, he catches the heck out of the ball, and he sees the blitz pickup. He's unique."

Gettleman's praise of Barkley should come as little surprise after the two-time Big Ten Offensive Player of The Year capped his collegiate career as a focal point of the Nittany Lions' offense with 5,038 yards from scrimmage and 51 total touchdowns in 38 games." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

YES!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Obviously we are going to draft him.

The more I think about it the more I don't think we will. I have the feeling a trade will come down and we will trade out of this spot.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

the giants are drafting a quarterback. they have a long-term need at the quarterback position.

Comment

Would not be disappointed in this pick. If they feel he is the right guy I'm on board. From an entertainment standpoint and filling seats he is my number 1 pick. Can you imaging how dynamic the Giants offense will be if everyone is healthy. Maybe they think Davis Webb is good enough to be coached into the QB position.

Comment

Iíve been on the Draft a Qb bandwagon since the start. However, seeing some of these interviews heís been doing lately like the one with cowherd today, itís hard not to be thoroughly impressed with this guy. Gotta say iím coming around to the idea of taking him . He has that drive and his ability is incredible. Canít wait for this draft , iím tired of the speculation , just wanna get it started already lol

Comment

Originally posted by GMenNY21 View Post
              Iíve been on the Draft a Qb bandwagon since the start. However, seeing some of these interviews heís been doing lately like the one with cowherd today, itís hard not to be thoroughly impressed with this guy. Gotta say iím coming around to the idea of taking him . He has that drive and his ability is incredible. Canít wait for this draft , iím tired of the speculation , just wanna get it started already lol
              The sad thing is after the draft it will be another 4 month wait until we see who ever we drafted in action lol.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Makes sense.

I think it will I'll be one of these guys.
                - Saquon Barkley
                - Bradley Chubb
                - Quenton Nelson
                - Sam Darnold
                - Josh Allen

I would love for Baker Mayfield to be in the mix, but I don't think the GIANTS have him in the mix.

I would be happy with any of of those guys.

I Prefer the QBs first , then Chubb, then Nelson, then Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  The sad thing is after the draft it will be another 4 month wait until we see who ever we drafted in action lol.
                  lol thatís true . the offseason wait is brutal
                  Last edited by GMenNY21; 03-27-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                    Makes sense.

I think it will I'll be one of these guys.
                    - Saquon Barkley
                    - Bradley Chubb
                    - Quenton Nelson
                    - Sam Darnold
                    - Josh Allen

I would love for Baker Mayfield to be in the mix, but I don't think the GIANTS have him in the mix.

I would be happy with any of of those guys.

I Prefer the QBs first , then Chubb, then Nelson, then Barkley.
                    So you think we pick Allen over Rosen, but we had Rosen in for a private workout.

Long Live the King

Comment

I think if Gettleman had his way they'd draft Barkley and 5 Olineman. I think Mara wants a QB. And you'd think Shurmur would love to get his hands on a young QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

So you think we pick Allen over Rosen, but we had Rosen in for a private workout.

Are the visits over yet?

I also think Josh Allen fits the profile of what Dave and Pat look for in a QB, big guy, good athlete, great arm.

I would be OK if we picked Rosen too, I just don't see it though.

Only what five more weeks until the draft?

Comment

Where is smokescreen gif guy when you need him?
                          Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                            I think if Gettleman had his way they'd draft Barkley and 5 Olineman. I think Mara wants a QB. And you'd think Shurmur would love to get his hands on a young QB.
                            I think you have it nailed here.

Comment

Makes sense to bring in Barkley, and Nelson/Chubb and one or two of the QB. It simply keeps the teams behind them guessing, and ups the ante for anyone wanting to take away the uncertainty by acquiring the Giants pick. Barkley is my favorite; but I woudn't be disaapointed with Nelson, or even Chubb.

Comment

Working...
                              X