Value Based Mock - Looking for feedback in rounds 2-7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value Based Mock - Looking for feedback in rounds 2-7

Of our 6 picks, 4 of them end up being on Offense, 2 of them lineman... let me know what you think of the names below

1 (2) - Saquon Barkley RB - Penn State .. Game changing playmaker, workhorse (something we haven't had in years)
    2 (34) - Connor Williams OT - Texas .. OLine help right away at RT.. flowers to guard?
    3 (66) - Da'shawn Hand DE - Alabama .. pair him with Tomlinson for our new 3-4 scheme. Big boys up front that can use their hands and shed blocks. Love it.
    3 (69) - Anthony Miller WR - Memphis .. produced in college, need someone behind OBJ and shepherd BADLY
    4 (108) - Frank Ragnow C - Arkansas .. Wouldn't hate an interior lineman even with Brett Jones as our starter at C right now
    5 (139) - Kyzir White S - West Virginia .. NOT A TRADITIONAL SAFETY... could play the position our DC is looking for that Deone Buchannon (spelling) played for him in AZ

Giants fan since 1992
    Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

... i'm fine with all those picks...all seem like good prospects....only problem i have with it is not getting a QB.

I'd prefer a trade down with denver or the browns at 4 or 5 or the bills or arizona after they move up to 6.. then you get chubb, nelson or barkley plus additional picks.... i dont see barkley as being that much more valuable than chubb or nelson as to warrant not trading down... at the very least get a pick or 2 from the jets......

2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      ... i'm fine with all those picks...all seem like good prospects....only problem i have with it is not getting a QB.

I'd prefer a trade down with denver or the browns at 4 or 5 or the bills or arizona after they move up to 6.. then you get chubb, nelson or barkley plus additional picks.... i dont see barkley as being that much more valuable than chubb or nelson as to warrant not trading down... at the very least get a pick or 2 from the jets......

2 cents
      Thanks, poppy. Trades are really hard to predict, especially now with this OBJ nonsense floating around.

With our transition to a 3-4 defense, I am not sure how Chubb fits in.. I would think he is more of a 4-3 DE at under 270 lbs, though a potential superstar nonetheless.

I am also not a huge fan of 1st rd OL.. Eagles won the superbowl with only one 1st rd OL, rest were 2,3,6 (Kelce) & UDFA(Peters).. They played the pats whose only 1st rd OL was Solder.. If Gettleman sees Nelson as a future HOFer and takes him, than he better be damn good
      Giants fan since 1992

Comment

I like your picks, but as I see it their biggest need is a cornerback. I think they pick one early, round 2/3. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
          I like your picks, but as I see it their biggest need is a cornerback. I think they pick one early, round 2/3. JMHO
          any CBs you are hoping are there at #34? #66/69?
          Giants fan since 1992

Comment

If we don't draft a QB 2nd overall, I like your list. Because I don't want to draft another project QB in the later rounds since we already have Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
              If we don't draft a QB 2nd overall, I like your list. Because I don't want to draft another project QB in the later rounds since we already have Webb.
              I agree!

if we think one of the qb's available at #2 can be the answer for the next decade, we scoop him. if not, I don't see any other guys who are the answer for the next decade (that we can obtain at #34 or later)
              Giants fan since 1992

Comment

Here are a few, 2 or 3 s/b available at 34, and 1 or 2 at 66

34 - Jaire Alexander
                Josh Jackson
                Isaiah Oliver
                Carlton Davis
                Mike Hughes

Duke Dawson
                Anthony Averett

Comment

Want to bring this mock back up..

1. What do you/don't you like about it?
                  2. How significant is our need at corner?
                  3. What are the chances we do not take a qb in this draft?
                  Giants fan since 1992

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

2 cents
                    I wouldn't think the Bills have enough pick ammo to move up to 6th and then again to 2nd overall
                    Would cost an absolute fortune

Comment

Don't mind your draft but you do miss out on addressing a pass-rusher and a cornerback --- not to mention QB (but I understand that piece).

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

I wouldn't think the Bills have enough pick ammo to move up to 6th and then again to 2nd overall
                        Would cost an absolute fortune
                        https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/1...er-and-buffalo

Comment

I think Crosby would be better than Conor Williams, but that is kind of nit picking. Obviously if the team likes Williams better I would trust them. The draft seems pretty solid. I really like the Ragnow pick.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                            Don't mind your draft but you do miss out on addressing a pass-rusher and a cornerback --- not to mention QB (but I understand that piece).
                            I think you are 100% right about a pass rusher and a CB.. this worries me. we have a lot more holes than we think.

CB, 3-4OLB opposite vernon, OL, RB, WR3, safety(Andrew adams replacement), some would say a QB successor, other ILB potentially, 3-4DE opposite Tomlinson....
                            Giants fan since 1992

Comment

We aren't taking Barkley #2, so the other rounds need to be adjusted to fit a RB in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X