Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value Based Mock - Looking for feedback in rounds 2-7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by nycowns View Post
    We aren't taking Barkley #2, so the other rounds need to be adjusted to fit a RB in there.
    who should we snag at #2? what RB prospects would you target (if not barkley at #2) and which rounds?
    Giants fan since 1992
    Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post

      who should we snag at #2? what RB prospects would you target (if not barkley at #2) and which rounds?
      I think we wind up trading down, snag Nelson later in the 1st and Guice in the 2nd.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post
        Of our 6 picks, 4 of them end up being on Offense, 2 of them lineman... let me know what you think of the names below

        1 (2) - Saquon Barkley RB - Penn State .. Game changing playmaker, workhorse (something we haven't had in years)
        2 (34) - Connor Williams OT - Texas .. OLine help right away at RT.. flowers to guard?
        3 (66) - Da'shawn Hand DE - Alabama .. pair him with Tomlinson for our new 3-4 scheme. Big boys up front that can use their hands and shed blocks. Love it.
        3 (69) - Anthony Miller WR - Memphis .. produced in college, need someone behind OBJ and shepherd BADLY
        4 (108) - Frank Ragnow C - Arkansas .. Wouldn't hate an interior lineman even with Brett Jones as our starter at C right now
        5 (139) - Kyzir White S - West Virginia .. NOT A TRADITIONAL SAFETY... could play the position our DC is looking for that Deone Buchannon (spelling) played for him in AZ

        1 (2) - Saquon Barkley RB - Penn State .. Game changing playmaker, workhorse (something we haven't had in years)
        I want a QB, but this would be a great pick

        2 (34) - Connor Williams OT - Texas .. OLine help right away at RT.. flowers to guard?
        Totally fine with this pick, good player

        3 (66) - Da'shawn Hand DE - Alabama .. pair him with Tomlinson for our new 3-4 scheme. Big boys up front that can use their hands and shed blocks. Love it.
        I don't know a lot about this specific player, but getting a 'Bama starter from their D-Line in the third round is solid value


        3 (69) - Anthony Miller WR - Memphis .. produced in college, need someone behind OBJ and shepherd BADLY
        He is highly rated and I don't think he will be here, I believe he is a 2nd rounder, but if we happened to get him if he fell this late, great pick

        4 (108) - Frank Ragnow C - Arkansas .. Wouldn't hate an interior lineman even with Brett Jones as our starter at C right now
        Same deal with Miller as with Ragnow, Ragnow will be a second round pick. He is very versatile, Center, Guard, RT. If we got him here it is a steal

        5 (139) - Kyzir White S - West Virginia .. NOT A TRADITIONAL SAFETY... could play the position our DC is looking for that Deone Buchannon (spelling) played for him in AZ
        Don't know a lot about Kyzir White.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post

          who should we snag at #2? what RB prospects would you target (if not barkley at #2) and which rounds?
          I have been banging the drum on him, but Sony Michelle will be a GREAT player in the NFL.

          He and Gallman would be a great Tandem.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

            3 (69) - Anthony Miller WR - Memphis .. produced in college, need someone behind OBJ and shepherd BADLY
            He is highly rated and I don't think he will be here, I believe he is a 2nd rounder, but if we happened to get him if he fell this late, great pick

            4 (108) - Frank Ragnow C - Arkansas .. Wouldn't hate an interior lineman even with Brett Jones as our starter at C right now
            Same deal with Miller as with Ragnow, Ragnow will be a second round pick. He is very versatile, Center, Guard, RT. If we got him here it is a steal

            5 (139) - Kyzir White S - West Virginia .. NOT A TRADITIONAL SAFETY... could play the position our DC is looking for that Deone Buchannon (spelling) played for him in AZ
            Don't know a lot about Kyzir White.

            I loved watching miller all year. I haven't heard/seen the hype I thought he was going to get. Ive seen late second to late third. pick 69 is pretty early in the 3rd round.. hoping he will be there

            With Ragnow, I have seen the hype, especially within the last few weeks. I am not quite sure he will make it to round four either. Perhaps there will conveniently be a corner or a pass rusher we can snatch up here.

            Take a look at Kyzir White (related to Kevin White... hopefully doesn't have the same knees). He is one of those guys that can fly up in run support and can be brought on the blitz regularly. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C332&FORM=VIRE
            Giants fan since 1992
            Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nycowns View Post
              We aren't taking Barkley #2, so the other rounds need to be adjusted to fit a RB in there.
              Still at it lol.
              2018 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Josh Allen QB Wyoming
              2. Sony Michel RB Georgia
              3. Conner Williams OT Texas OR Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
              4. Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee

              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post

                Still at it lol.
                Barklettes are gonna maaaaad soon

                Comment


                • #23
                  I like this plan. I still think that if the giants donít take a QB at 2 the best thing to do is trade down and what the article said is good value IMO

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post


                    I loved watching miller all year. I haven't heard/seen the hype I thought he was going to get. Ive seen late second to late third. pick 69 is pretty early in the 3rd round.. hoping he will be there

                    With Ragnow, I have seen the hype, especially within the last few weeks. I am not quite sure he will make it to round four either. Perhaps there will conveniently be a corner or a pass rusher we can snatch up here.

                    Take a look at Kyzir White (related to Kevin White... hopefully doesn't have the same knees). He is one of those guys that can fly up in run support and can be brought on the blitz regularly. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C332&FORM=VIRE
                    I will definitely do some research on Kyzir White. I am always trying to learn more about the next crop of guys coming into the NFL.

                    I am a big fan of putting Speed everywhere on the Defense. Heck, we haven't been able to cover TEs for a few decades, get me some athletic safeties that can hit to cure that!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by nycowns View Post

                      Barklettes are gonna maaaaad soon
                      I want a QB or Nelson if we don;t go QB, but initially, Barkley would be a great pick.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

                        I want a QB or Nelson if we don;t go QB, but initially, Barkley would be a great pick.
                        He'll be a good/great pick for someone, just doesn't fit our needs. Plus you'd have to pay him like $6Mill when you can get a RB like Michael or Guice for $2M in the 2nd. Is Barkley really 4x better than those guys? I know no one trusts me but I guarantee the Giants are not taking Barkley at #2, maybe if they trade down they would maybe take him later in the 1st.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Its pretty simple at this point, its either Darnold or trade down. All depends on Cleveland.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nycowns View Post

                            Barklettes are gonna maaaaad soon
                            I've said it repeatedly, there are many options Id be happy with at 2, but if the Gmen arent sold on a QB, I think Barkley or Chubb (maybe Nelson too) could be our guy. Not sure why you are so against this or so positive it wont happen.
                            2018 Draft Wishlist:
                            1. Josh Allen QB Wyoming
                            2. Sony Michel RB Georgia
                            3. Conner Williams OT Texas OR Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
                            4. Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee

                            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post

                              I've said it repeatedly, there are many options Id be happy with at 2, but if the Gmen arent sold on a QB, I think Barkley or Chubb (maybe Nelson too) could be our guy. Not sure why you are so against this or so positive it wont happen.
                              Yeah if they don't like a QB then Barkley, Chubb or Nelson have to be the pick. I really like Fitz and think he is a perfect fit but not convinced we would take him #2 overall.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

                              "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post
                                Of our 6 picks, 4 of them end up being on Offense, 2 of them lineman... let me know what you think of the names below

                                1 (2) - Saquon Barkley RB - Penn State .. Game changing playmaker, workhorse (something we haven't had in years)
                                2 (34) - Connor Williams OT - Texas .. OLine help right away at RT.. flowers to guard?
                                3 (66) - Da'shawn Hand DE - Alabama .. pair him with Tomlinson for our new 3-4 scheme. Big boys up front that can use their hands and shed blocks. Love it.
                                3 (69) - Anthony Miller WR - Memphis .. produced in college, need someone behind OBJ and shepherd BADLY
                                4 (108) - Frank Ragnow C - Arkansas .. Wouldn't hate an interior lineman even with Brett Jones as our starter at C right now
                                5 (139) - Kyzir White S - West Virginia .. NOT A TRADITIONAL SAFETY... could play the position our DC is looking for that Deone Buchannon (spelling) played for him in AZ

                                Miller wont make it to the 3rd, Ragnow wont make it to the 4th.. Wouldn't mind Ragnow in the 3rd if he made it there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X