Do not touch Barkley, he will be a bust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
    Barkley will prob be good. However, it's not what the Giants need right now. And it does drive me nuts when (as someone said on here) people parrot what an analyst said and use that "generational talent " tag on him. I stick to my guns and say most on here don't even watch college football, have never watched a full Penn St game or Notre Dame game and yet post every day how we should pick Barkley or Nelson. And it's post after post.

This is a passing league. Most teams play with a RBBC backfield. The Giants were 3-13 with an old QB. They can't take a RB.

No trading down, no hoarding picks... just take your franchise QB at 2 and move on. It's so simple. You got a gift from heaven and you want to throw it away.
    Wrong.

Comment

I don't want to argue about it, but as of now, I am not solidly sure on what kind of career SB is going to have. Combine beast, yes. World class. Punishing runner between the tackles on a cold muddy Sunday in December. I "hope so".
      The coaches must utilize him correctly and not stubbornly try to make him into something else.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
        Barkley will prob be good. However, it's not what the Giants need right now. And it does drive me nuts when (as someone said on here) people parrot what an analyst said and use that "generational talent " tag on him. I stick to my guns and say most on here don't even watch college football, have never watched a full Penn St game or Notre Dame game and yet post every day how we should pick Barkley or Nelson. And it's post after post.

This is a passing league. Most teams play with a RBBC backfield. The Giants were 3-13 with an old QB. They can't take a RB.

No trading down, no hoarding picks... just take your franchise QB at 2 and move on. It's so simple. You got a gift from heaven and you want to throw it away.
        Oh I see. So what you're saying is even if they didn't "like" any of the QB's on the table, they should of just picked the QB that they "disliked" the least?

Wow...just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBluerekncrew View Post

Oh I see. So what you're saying is even if they didn't "like" any of the QB's on the table, they should of just picked the QB that they "disliked" the least?

Wow...just wow.
          That is the prevailing mindset amongst the "anti draft a RB with #1 pick" crowd. That philosophy has worked so well for the Browns/Jets/Bills/Dolphins/Broncos & many other teams that have gone thru 10-15 QBs each in the past 15yrs or less.

"Pick a QB, any QB".

Comment

Working...
          X