Real reason why I don't want QB at #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real reason why I don't want QB at #2

Its pretty simple........if we draft a QB, odds are good we won't see him play for another 1-2 years.............If we go RB/OL/Defensive player at least we will get to see them start this year. It would be more exciting/ and encouraging to be able to watch our pick play this season........not wait another 1-2 years to get pumped up about it.

I couldn't disagree more. I find it exciting that we would have our future franchise Qb on the roster. And I'm not sure why you think Eli could hold him off for 2 yrs. Eli is not Brady

Comment

Not good enough reason. A franchise quarterback are very difficult to find, and we may not be this high in the draft for years (hopefully).

Plus, this drafted QB could very well start in the 2019 season, if not sooner.

Comment

And btw your reasoning is so short sighted it's comical. Typical of our society today. Everyone wants instant gratification at the risk of ruining their future. That's why everyone is in debt these days ...no savings for retirement...etc.

Comment

it's all set up too nicely to bypass.

Comment

If we draft a QB in round one, he is the starter next season, if not sooner.

Eli is an all-time NY Giant. He does not have much left.

Comment

It may be true that they wouldn't play this season, but you have to do it if a Franchise caliber QB is sitting there. You'd feel a little silly if you said you didn't take him when he was sitting there while we endure years and years of bad QB play for the sake of not enduring one season of waiting for the draft pick to learn what is required of them at the next level. You'll have to endure that season eventually, you got to bite the bullet. If you don't want to go through that even once, how would you like doing that transition a handful of times all because you refused to do it when you actually had a chance when you believed there was a Franchise QB on the board the first time. You are sacrificing a single season of not having a first round pick actually making any tangible contributions on the field the first season for the sake of having a decade or better of good football at the position. That sacrifice is well worth making. They may not make any contributions the first year, but it would make even a bad year exciting for the potential the player may provide in the future.
              Last edited by FanOfTheGmen; 03-31-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Love that post FanoftheGmen. Great job. Not sure of the mindset in all those who don't want a QB. Quite frankly if the Giants don't take a QB I will have lost all faith in the GM, coach and Owners. It would show me that they have no idea how to build a football team. Welcome to QB hell and chasing that elusive QB for the next 15 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                  Love that post FanoftheGmen. Great job. Not sure of the mindset in all those who don't want a QB. Quite frankly if the Giants don't take a QB I will have lost all faith in the GM, coach and Owners. It would show me that they have no idea how to build a football team. Welcome to QB hell and chasing that elusive QB for the next 15 yrs.
                  Who would you take if you were the GM?
                  Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Allen, Darnold or Rosen.

Comment

the jets being right there at #3, waiting to draft a quarterback to start in metlife for a decade plus, matters.

Comment

Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
                        Its pretty simple........if we draft a QB, odds are good we won't see him play for another 1-2 years.............If we go RB/OL/Defensive player at least we will get to see them start this year. It would be more exciting/ and encouraging to be able to watch our pick play this season........not wait another 1-2 years to get pumped up about it.
                        Aaron Rodgers didn't become the full time starter until his 4th season.
                        Of course he was backup to Favre but I think the wait was worth it.
                        I don't see a Rodgers in this draft but waiting one or two years for a franchise
                        QB to play is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                          And btw your reasoning is so short sighted it's comical. Typical of our society today. Everyone wants instant gratification at the risk of ruining their future. That's why everyone is in debt these days ...no savings for retirement...etc.
                          Ever heard of bad investments? Some believe this QB class is that. What makes your opinion better??

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                            If we draft a QB in round one, he is the starter next season, if not sooner.

Eli is an all-time NY Giant. He does not have much left.
                            Nope org will not got through another outcry from the fan base. He will play as long as he wants. Smh

Comment

Prime example will be the Kansas City Chiefs.
                              They traded up for Mahones now he is there future.

Comment

Working...
                              X