What the heck is EDGE???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is EDGE???

I see in some of the mock drafts, a player listed as EDGE, UTSA or NC or the school. What is EDGE?
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Articl...tions-74913696

here is a short article that quickly explains the designation, edge rusher.

Here are a few quotes from the article for a quick summary.

“There was a time when the term ’tweener was viewed as a dirty word. It was never a positive thing. It was a college defensive end who is too small to play the position in the NFL – NFL archeologists might cite Mike Mamula as the original species of where the ’tweener was to take on a new name – edge rusher.”

“It is the difficulty distinguishing one from another that makes the edge rusher the new species in the NFL – he’s not a classic NFL defensive end or outside linebacker, but he has an elite skill set that defensive innovators can use to their advantage”

Comment

Basically EDGE means edge rusher (AKA 4-3 defensive end or a 3-4 outside line backer ) ..

Although the explanation above might be more technically accurate.

Comment

Holy cow, thank you. Talk about a specialized dude? Not sure I'd draft someone like that at #2 who might be poor against the run, especially in a 3-4.
        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
          I see in some of the mock drafts, a player listed as EDGE, UTSA or NC or the school. What is EDGE?
          Edge rusher.. 3-4 outside linebacker

Comment

Holy cow, thank you. Talk about a specialized dude? Not sure I'd draft someone like that at #2 who might be poor against the run, especially in a 3-4.
            Are you talking about chubb?
            ​​​​​​
            I would agree at #2 overall. Unless it is von Miller type of player (maybe trumaine edmonds)

Comment

Excellent and innovative guitar player.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Good question, good answers. .Nothing for me to add.
                Long Live the King

Comment

Von Miller was an "edge" guy that Denver drafted #2, I'd love a guy like him. Not sure one exists in this draft but Edge is not a bad thing.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    Von Miller was an "edge" guy that Denver drafted #2, I'd love a guy like him. Not sure one exists in this draft but Edge is not a bad thing.
                    BRADLEY CHUBB!!!!!!!!!!

The guy is a beast, along with his fellow NC State DL brothers.
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Comment

An excellent product for shaving if you have sensitive skin.

An underrated Guitar Player who is also knows as Dave Evans

An underrated Wrestling Icon

A 250 - 265 pound Pass Rusher that would play DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4:
                        - Lawrence Taylor
                        - Derrick Thomas
                        - Jason Taylor
                        - Shawne Merriman
                        - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                          Always good to see a pic of Dave Evans.

People may not know who he is if Paul Hewson, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. aren't also in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Excellent and innovative guitar player.
                            Also a good Piano/Keyboard Player. That's him playing the Keys on 'New Year's Day'.

My Favorite U2 Song is 'The Three Sunrises'. His Guitar work on it is outstanding.

Comment

I believe its a 3-4 pass rushing OLB or an undersized 4-3 DE. They always seem to be great pass rushers but sub par against the run and usually not the best at coverage

Thats my very unprofessional opinion, LOL
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                              X