Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chubbs not the best pass rusher in the draft!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubbs not the best pass rusher in the draft!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.big...avenport-sacks

only 10 sacks is not elite.

taco charlton 2.0? he had 10 also in college>>>
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...harlton-1.html

how about Charles harris...he had 9>>>
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...-harris-4.html

derek barnett DID put up elite sack numbers>>>
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...barnett-2.html

so its not be all or end all stat.

TFL is more important stat from everything i've read...... chubb had very good TFL numbers so....

Just sayin'

chubb could turn out to be great...but he did not put up elite numbers in the sack category by a long shot and that maybe ought to be a red flag....or not

Can you picture him wearing a gold jacket?
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-03-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      only 10 sacks is not elite.

taco charlton 2.0? he had 10 also in college>>>
      https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...harlton-1.html

how about Charles harris...he had 9>>>
      https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...-harris-4.html

derek barnett DID put up elite sack numbers>>>
      https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...barnett-2.html

so its not be all or end all stat.

TFL is more important stat from everything i've read...... chubb had very good TFL numbers so....

Just sayin'

chubb could turn out to be great...but he did not put up elite numbers in the sack category by a long shot and that maybe ought to be a red flag....or not

Can you picture him wearing a gold jacket?
      Harold Landry is the best pass rusher in this draft, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by infinite420 View Post

Harold Landry is the best pass rusher in this draft, IMO
        16.5 sacks in 2016 compared to chubbs 10 But not as stout. concern with landry is against the run, perhaps.

Comment

Chubbs

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

16.5 sacks in 2016 compared to chubbs 10 But not as stout. concern with landry is against the run, perhaps.
            Landry is better suited to be an olb in a 3-4 base. I just donít see Chubb fitting that position. Chubb would be best as a 4-3 end

Comment

Didnít Joey Bosa have very few sacks in his last season?

Stats dont tell the entire story

Comment

Originally posted by TheAussieGiant View Post
                Didnít Joey Bosa have very few sacks in his last season?

Stats dont tell the entire story
                bradley chubb is somewhere between joey bosa and taco charlton as far as i can tell watching him play on tape.

I'd say he isn't as good as bosa but not as bad a charlton in pass rushing. But it's all guesswork. I see him being similar to JPP's last couple of years....very good against the run, and great in pass rush against weaker competition, but perhaps getting stonewalled by better OTs in the NFL. Just One opinion. I'm not sure he is a double digit sack guy in the NFL. to me that is concerning for a top 5 pick.

2 cents
                Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-10-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I would prefer either Barkley or Nelson before Chubb. A safe trade down that would get both Nelson, and the next best RB would also work for me. Outside chance to trade down and get Barkley/Nelson and QB Jackson also intrigues me. There are so many possibilities in this draft, it's like watching one of the better high suspense movies of all time. I can't wait to see this all play out.

Comment

Please watch the tape of him working the best OT prospect in this years draft. He was having his way and they had Golden Boy Nelson and McGinchey.

2:40 min mark. He destroys McGlinchey. I made a thread about this.

3:30 mark. He runs a stunt, goes inside and destroys Quenton Nelson.....Mr. Gold Jacket himself....So if this kid is doing this to the best left side in football and not rushing the weak side like Boas did in college, because his coaches let him rush the weaker OT.

5:36 mark. Chubb lines up right on top of Nelson in the 3 Tech. Nelson handled him, but Chubb kept coming and got the sack.

Chubb is the real deal.. But truth be told, that tape makes you respect McGlinchey as well.That was 2016 and Chubb had 3 sacks. Only one against them in 2017, so they got better.
                    Last edited by Gee718; 04-10-2018, 08:40 PM.
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Please watch the tape of him working the best OT prospect in this years draft. He was having his way and they had Golden Boy Nelson and McGinchey.

2:40 min mark. He destroys McGlinchey. I made a thread about this.

3:30 mark. He runs a stunt, goes inside and destroys Quenton Nelson.....Mr. Gold Jacket himself....So if this kid is doing this to the best left side in football and not rushing the weak side like Boas did in college, because his coaches let him rush the weaker OT.

5:36 mark. Chubb lines up right on top of Nelson in the 3 Tech. Nelson handled him, but Chubb kept coming and got the sack.

Chubb is the real deal.. But truth be told, that tape makes you respect McGlinchey as well.That was 2016 and Chubb had 3 sacks. Only one against them in 2017, so they got better.
                      To be fair, that field was a complete mess. Rain was coming down non stop, the field was like a mud pit. Chubb had the advantage the entire game because of the conditions. The more athletic guy can move around in the sloppy conditions easier and bull rushes with a field that sloppy is a great tactic. You can get the OL to get his feet sliding in the mud backwards.

He did make McGlinchey look silly on a few moves in that game but I don't even think McGlinchey is that great. He's an "end of the 1st round possibly 2nd round" talent. That game was an anomaly. The reason why McGlinchey played him better in 2017 was because the field wasn't a pig pen.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                        To be fair, that field was a complete mess. Rain was coming down non stop, the field was like a mud pit. Chubb had the advantage the entire game because of the conditions. The more athletic guy can move around in the sloppy conditions easier and bull rushes with a field that sloppy is a great tactic. You can get the OL to get his feet sliding in the mud backwards.

He did make McGlinchey look silly on a few moves in that game but I don't even think McGlinchey is that great. He's an "end of the 1st round possibly 2nd round" talent. That game was an anomaly. The reason why McGlinchey played him better in 2017 was because the field wasn't a pig pen.
                        Conditions in the NFL will be just as bad if not worse. So who do you want on your team in that situation?

Long Live the King

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-bradley-chubb

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Conditions in the NFL will be just as bad if not worse. So who do you want on your team in that situation?
                            I think Chubb is a good player but that game shouldn't be used as proof of his dominance. You rarely see an NFL field like that. Will you see snow? Yes, but a field THAT sloppy doesn't happen often. If Chubb could time his burst off the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped he could be really dangerous. When Strahan mastered that he was lethal. As of right now Chubb to me is missing something. He looks good, but he's missing something that screams: "He's a hall of famer". He can certainly learn and grow as a player. He doesn't seem to get as much bend in his legs like someone like Strahan. I say Strahan because he was just a monster. He had an incredible bull rush move but he could beat people off the edge with his timing, speed, and his ability to bend under an OL's arms. Chubb has a nice bull rush move but I'd like to see more timing and burst from him.

I can see the Giants drafting him because not only is he a good football player, defense wins championships, and he's well spoken/intelligent. He's a smart dude and the Giants love to grab high character, intelligent, players who love football. I think he fits the bill for all of those things.
                            Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-11-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Chubb is a more complete player than most of those guys coming out. Sacks are great. They can change games. But you canít be a one trick pony in the NFL and Chubb is just as dominant against the run as he is getting after the QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X