Hypothetically what makes more sense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically what makes more sense

We end up trading with Denver to land the 5th pick for a decent return, with the idea of taking Nelson, the best guard in the draft. Does it make more sense to trade again this time with Buffalo as they want a QB getting a good deal 12 and 22 at least and then drafting the #1 rated tackle and the second rated guard.

To me the Giants need 2 offensive linemen at least, and should you choose you can in theory fill both holes in one draft.

I was looking at Joe Thomas the third pick in the draft 12? years ago. A 6 time pro bowler, over the course of his "maybe pro bowl career" the Browns finished with a winning record only one time, his first year. Obviously they did not have much talent on the team and probably had bad coaching, etc. When you fix a team or in this case a line you need more than one All-Pro.

A dilemma.

No dilemma. Just take a QB at 2

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
      We end up trading with Denver to land the 5th pick for a decent return, with the idea of taking Nelson, the best guard in the draft. Does it make more sense to trade again this time with Buffalo as they want a QB getting a good deal 12 and 22 at least and then drafting the #1 rated tackle and the second rated guard.

To me the Giants need 2 offensive linemen at least, and should you choose you can in theory fill both holes in one draft.

I was looking at Joe Thomas the third pick in the draft 12? years ago. A 6 time pro bowler, over the course of his "maybe pro bowl career" the Browns finished with a winning record only one time, his first year. Obviously they did not have much talent on the team and probably had bad coaching, etc. When you fix a team or in this case a line you need more than one All-Pro.

A dilemma.
      depends on the 'decent return" along with the #5...no?...could always use a combination of the 2's or 3's to trade back up in 1st.....hypothetically

Comment

Joe Thomas was a 10 time Pro Bowler, 7 time 1st team All Pro and 2 time 2nd team All Pro. He is one of the best OL ever. The question essentially is what is better Quenton Nelson or Mike McGlinchey and Isaih Wynn. It's hard to argue that the McGlinchey/Wynn combo would not be better, but there is no guarantee they will be there or they will work out. I do not think we will go OL/OL with our first two picks no matter what we do, so with that in mind Nelson is the best way to start fixing this line. I would prefer Nelson and then Crosby if we can get him in the 3rd. That too me would be a better combo. RB and CB are also likely to be targets so we could go 1st- OL, 2nd- RB, 3rd OLB, 3rd- CB if we were to spend big on the OL.

I personally think we need an OG in this draft to get this line rolling. So if we end up with Solder - Rookie - Jones - Omameh - Flowers/Wheeler and that rookie is Nelson, Wynn, Price, Hernandez we will be just fine. They want to try Flowers/Wheeler at RT and I'm not sure they want to invest more draft picks into it with the other holes we have.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

If we can get Quentin Nelson at #5, along with gathering extra picks, I think we've nailed it!

Comment

Denver or any team has to be willing to trade.
            Denver is reportedly interested in Nelson or Chubb.
            Unless, a QB falls to yhem at five,

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
              Denver or any team has to be willing to trade.
              Denver is reportedly interested in Nelson or Chubb.
              Unless, a QB falls to yhem at five,
              I also heard they are interested in Barkley. It is all a smokescreen. Bottom line if they want a QB that bad they will trade up to #2. If they don't want a QB that bad then they won't trade. I have the feeling Buffalo is the only team that will make an offer to us, I'm not convinced Denver is in love with a QB.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
              X