Iím telling you now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iím telling you now...

The Giants will be all in after working out Josh Allen. I donít think heíll leave a doubt in anyoneís mind. I was so glad to hear he was one of the private workouts this week. Kid is gonna show everyone heís a better QB now than his last game.

I still want to trade down but damn it Iíd love to see what he could do in Big blue as Eliís successor.

From what I have heard on a few occasions the work outs are meant to find flaws, not impress people. You have to impress these guys with your college tape and I don't think Allen did that. It's easy to look good in shorts without a D on the field and zero pressure.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Allen , must have impress on tape etc.
      Why, waste time to bring him in.
      In the pass Reese will not bring in players as a smoke screen. DG, IDK how he works his draft.
      Did he bring in McCaffrey last year in Carolina ?

Comment

Mike Mayock has said that Josh Allen has been destroying the board room meetings. His knowledge of football, schemes, memory recall, etc is outstanding. It's no wonder that the kid's wonderlic score was a 37, putting him in elite territory. I'm not sure if the Browns take him at #1 because people will scream: "OMG, that's such a Browns thing to do! To take the QB not being labeled the consensus #1 QB in the draft". I hope for Allen's sake he gets on a better franchise. He needs to sit behind a good veteran QB... not Tyrod Taylor. LOL.

Meanwhile Lamar Jackson's stock is dropping. His offense at Louisville was simplified just for him. His offensive playcalls consisted of about 2 to 3 words and he almost never played out of center. It would be hilarious if the Browns selected him 1st overall. Can you imagine the crap storm that would ensue if they did that? I sort of want to see it happen just for the laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
          In the pass Reese will not bring in players as a smoke screen.
          He brought in tons of players. Every year someone here would list the players he brought in for interviews and which pro days he went to and there were a ton of them. No team brings in just the guy they want, you never know who will drop to you. Of course Allen was impressive, he is a possible 1st round QB, that does not mean he was impressive enough to be a #2 pick is all I'm saying. I don't think an underwear workout will change that. I'm rooting for his success, but don't think he will be great.
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
            Mike Mayock has said that Josh Allen has been destroying the board room meetings. His knowledge of football, schemes, memory recall, etc is outstanding. It's no wonder that the kid's wonderlic score was a 37, putting him in elite territory. I'm not sure if the Browns take him at #1 because people will scream: "OMG, that's such a Browns thing to do! To take the QB not being labeled the consensus #1 QB in the draft". I hope for Allen's sake he gets on a better franchise. He needs to sit behind a good veteran QB... not Tyrod Taylor. LOL.
            That's what wentz was doing, not a lot tape but killed it in interviews with his knowledge and intangibles.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post

Meanwhile Lamar Jackson's stock is dropping. His offense at Louisville was simplified just for him. His offensive playcalls consisted of about 2 to 3 words and he almost never played out of center. It would be hilarious if the Browns selected him 1st overall. Can you imagine the crap storm that would ensue if they did that? I sort of want to see it happen just for the laughs.
              I think the Browns will go Barkley number one and Lamar Jackson number 4.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

I think Jackson will be lucky to go in round 1 at this point. I like him still, but his stock seems to be falling. Browns will almost certainly take a QB at #1 and I think it is Darnold. This new regime is trying to change things there.
                "Next man up"

Comment

We are spending a lot of time with the QB's.

Meetings at the combine, private meetings and dinners at the pro days (at least one dinner involved an owner) and now private workouts and meetings at our facility.

Interesting how so many posters think that there is no way we are taking a QB.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

That would be very Browns-like. (Not very wise) IMO.

Comment

That would be a ( Browm ) tradition like no other.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          He brought in tons of players. Every year someone here would list the players he brought in for interviews and which pro days he went to and there were a ton of them. No team brings in just the guy they want, you never know who will drop to you. Of course Allen was impressive, he is a possible 1st round QB, that does not mean he was impressive enough to be a #2 pick is all I'm saying. I don't think an underwear workout will change that. I'm rooting for his success, but don't think he will be great.
                          I was referring to NO. 1 draft picks.
                          ​​​Flowers, Apple, OBJ and Engram. I don't recall coming to NJ for work outs. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

I think Jackson will be lucky to go in round 1 at this point. I like him still, but his stock seems to be falling. Browns will almost certainly take a QB at #1 and I think it is Darnold. This new regime is trying to change things there.
                            That's exactly right. People need to lose this perception the Browns are the same incompetently run organization we have witnessed all these years. John Dorsey is a well respected GM around the league and he will put together a competitive team.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

I was referring to NO. 1 draft picks.
                              ​​​Flowers, Apple, OBJ and Engram. I don't recall coming to NJ for work outs. I could be wrong.
                              You said Jerry Reese never used smoke screens. If he didn't bring these guys to NJ for work outs but brought other guys in wouldn't that be a smoke screen?
                              "Next man up"

Comment

Working...
                              X