Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW pissed and shocked when this happens with our number one pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW pissed and shocked when this happens with our number one pick?

If the Browns take Josh Allen number one for sure the New York Gants take darnold with the number 2 pick

BUT... if the Browns take darnold.... how shocked will you be when the Giants trade the number 2 pick to the Denver Broncos for multiple pics and the Giants choose Baker Mayfield with their pick?

I believe this is a very possible after that we can use all our pics to choose good players for the defense and offensive line
    Last edited by brownelvis54; 04-06-2018, 11:16 AM.

I'm good with it .

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
      If the Browns take Josh Allen number one for sure the New York Gants take darnold with the number 2 pick

BUT... if the Browns take darnold.... how shocked will you be when the Giants trade the number 2 pick to the Denver Broncos for multiple pics and they choose Baker Mayfield with their pick?

I believe this is a very possible after that we can use all our pics to choose good players for the defense and offensive line
      I wouldn't be shocked at all, if Giants can trade down to Denver's 5 spot.

I WOULD be pissed if after making that trade they wasted the #5 overall pick on Mayfield rather than picking Nelson, Chubb or Barkley.

Comment

Won't happen. You don't goof around with a franchise QB. You simply take him at #2 overall if you are interested in taking a QB. The probability that scenario plays out is slim to none.

I'm not too sure the Giants take Darnold at all. I don't think they have him graded higher than Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson (I'm not sure who does to be honest). I think the obvious thing is that the GIants pass on a QB. Too many areas to fill and they can potentially get a HOF player at #2. I think the most likely selection is Chubb as of now. We got rid of JPP, Chubb files a void, he can be used in multiple defensive fronts (3-4 defense as an OLB) and in 4-3 as a traditional DE.

You've got to love CBS sports just DISRESPECTING Sam Darnold. Listing him as the 15th overall prospect in this draft class. Listing him as the 4th best QB of this class. I get bad vibes from Darnold too. God bless the guys at CBS for having the guts to put him there.
        Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-06-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
          Won't happen. You don't goof around with a franchise QB. You simply take him at #2 overall if you are interested in taking a QB. The probability that scenario plays out is slim to none.

I'm not too sure the Giants take Darnold at all. I don't think they have him graded higher than Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson (I'm not sure who does to be honest). I think the obvious thing is that the GIants pass on a QB. Too many areas to fill and they can potentially get a HOF player at #2. I think the most likely selection is Chubb as of now. We got rid of JPP, Chubb files a void, he can be used in multiple defensive fronts (3-4 defense as an OLB) and in 4-3 as a traditional DE.

You've got to love CBS sports just DISRESPECTING Sam Darnold. Listing him as the 15th overall prospect in this draft class. Listing him as the 4th best QB of this class. I get bad vibes from Darnold too. God bless the guys at CBS for having the guts to put him there.
          I agree, I don't think the Giants trade down and draft a QB if they are still in the top 10. If Mayfield is their guy I think they take him at 2. If they go back to 5 I agree it is for Nelson, Chubb, Barkley.

Inwould be OK if they did this and got a haul.

Comment

When you say "they choose Baker" do you mean the Giants or Broncos? I'd be fine with the Broncos trade, that's been my #1 trade partner for a while now, but I would want to grab Nelson or Barkley still. If we can trade with them and get an extra 2nd we could go 1) Nelson, 2) best RB, 2A) best OL or go 1) Barkley, 2) best OL, 2A) best OL. Either way that can transform this team in a hurry. Plus two 3rd round picks we have to add in CB and DL/LB help.

It's the best trade we can make....not going to trade and take a QB though, especially not trade behind the Jets and risk them getting our guy.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

BUT... if the Browns take darnold.... how shocked will you be when the Giants trade the number 2 pick to the Denver Broncos for multiple pics and they choose Baker Mayfield with their pick?

That would be the best case scenario IMO. I have said it from the start and will stay with it until proven wrong but I think Mayfield is the best QB in this draft and has the most drive to be a great NFL QB

Comment

It won't happen, so there's no need to think about it. Mayfield will not be a Giant.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                Garrett Bolles - OT
                David Njoku - TE
                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

It won't happen, so there's no need to think about it. Mayfield will not be a Giant.
                  +1

Comment

Why would i be pissed about this? Yes give me all the picks you got

Comment

I have no idea what the Giants will do in this draft, with one exception.

There is no way they are taking Mayfield

Comment

I know 3 things:

If Darnold is there he will be the pick
                        Mayfield will never be a Giant
                        Barkley will not be taken if we stay at #2

What I don't know:
                        If the Browns take Darnold, I have no clue what they're going to do besides not taking the players mentioned above. Sadly this is the most likely outcome too.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          When you say "they choose Baker" do you mean the Giants or Broncos? I'd be fine with the Broncos trade, that's been my #1 trade partner for a while now, but I would want to grab Nelson or Barkley still. If we can trade with them and get an extra 2nd we could go 1) Nelson, 2) best RB, 2A) best OL or go 1) Barkley, 2) best OL, 2A) best OL. Either way that can transform this team in a hurry. Plus two 3rd round picks we have to add in CB and DL/LB help.

It's the best trade we can make....not going to trade and take a QB though, especially not trade behind the Jets and risk them getting our guy.
                          When the Giants take Mayfield

Comment

I will become jet fan if that happens!!

Comment

I will not use a definitive when discussing the draft of FA.

IMO: Baker Mayfield ( and I only watched him in one game against Georgia and some of his antics the Kansas idiocy and the arrest ) Georgia had a good D. Not as good as an NLF D. What I saw was a QB that lacks self control with his sideline antics, He is overconfident to the point of narcissism. He has a strong arm but lacks the accuracy to place the ball in a tight quarter. 98% of his completions were to wide open recievers/ Rbs. Most of his incompletions were due to the fact that the ability to thread a needle eludes him . Between his size , his overconfidence ( a form of low self esteem ), and lack of self-control . He will not be long in the NFL.

I will not say the Giants will not pick him. I just do not see him as an NFL QB.
                              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X