Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Quenton Nelson Destroy This Giant's Scout - Man Is Q Massive and Strong!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Quenton Nelson Destroy This Giant's Scout - Man Is Q Massive and Strong!

When you are watching a game of college football it can be difficult to get a sense of how tall, wide, etc someone is. Quenton is just unreal at how large and strong he is.

This Giants scout wanted to see his strength for himself. You can see some of the other scouts chuckling in the background as Quenton just catapults the Giant's scout 15 yards down the field over and over again.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/nR8NcdHyD2M?t=45s

That scout is a big dude. He must be 6'5. He's the black guy in the dark hoodie, and dark jeans.

Q is a special talent. In my opinion the Giants either draft him or Chubb at #2 overall. Safest picks in the draft. When Gettleman is talking about "Hall of Fame" caliber players he's talking about Quenton Nelson in essence. Quenton grew up as a Giants fan, lived minutes away from Giant's stadium, he's got the story and the talent to be the pick at #2. Almost every big board I'm seeing has Quenton as either the 1st or 2nd highest talent in this draft class.

Not a sexy pick but boy could we use a dominate line once more. Establish the run and protect Eli. Probably the biggest upgrade we can make for our offense.
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-06-2018, 06:03 AM.

Interior line play, and offensive line play in g neural sets the tone for th entire team, and allows you to play football games on your terms. The OLine is the heart of the team. There are several top Guard prospects in this draft and Nelson is the best among them.

I want to draft a QB, but if we don't draft a QB, this is the player that I want to draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

I want to draft a QB, but if we don't draft a QB, this is the player that I want to draft.
      Pretty much where I am with this

Comment

I'd be on board with Nelson as well, nothing like having a local kid that is also a beast, and deserving of a high pick. I still think we're taking a QB though.

Comment

Itís amazing too how well heís built, he reminds me of Tyron Smith. They are both mountains of men, but donít look fat in the slightest. This guy is a freak

Comment

That is a full grown man right there. Standing by my train of thought that we need to land Nelson or Barkley in this draft. Nelson is the "safest" pick in the draft, not flashy but he can turn a line around. Add in Solder and Omahah with Flowers or Wheeler on the right side and I think this line is completely different than last year. I'd love that pick.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              That is a full grown man right there. Standing by my train of thought that we need to land Nelson or Barkley in this draft. Nelson is the "safest" pick in the draft, not flashy but he can turn a line around. Add in Solder and Omahah with Flowers or Wheeler on the right side and I think this line is completely different than last year. I'd love that pick.
              Aside from QB, I think Nelson gives us the best long term prospect and benefit as well.

what I think he would do that I donít hear from anyone, is give us an Identity. I think we have been a better rudderless for the past 5 years, you get Nelson and we are back to being the grind it out, kick your *** in the trenches team.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post

Aside from QB, I think Nelson gives us the best long term prospect and benefit as well.

what I think he would do that I donít hear from anyone, is give us an Identity. I think we have been a better rudderless for the past 5 years, you get Nelson and we are back to being the grind it out, kick your *** in the trenches team.
                  Would change everything. Now, DG could work magic in a trade for more picks, trade again to get back up high enough to get Nelson. Then later get his O tackle teammate. These are the type of locker room guys that won't put up w BS effort on THEIR team, and the type that stay with a team for their entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                    When you are watching a game of college football it can be difficult to get a sense of how tall, wide, etc someone is. Quenton is just unreal at how large and strong he is.

This Giants scout wanted to see his strength for himself. You can see some of the other scouts chuckling in the background as Quenton just catapults the Giant's scout 15 yards down the field over and over again.

That scout is a big dude. He must be 6'5. He's the black guy in the dark hoodie, and dark jeans.

Q is a special talent. In my opinion the Giants either draft him or Chubb at #2 overall. Safest picks in the draft. When Gettleman is talking about "Hall of Fame" caliber players he's talking about Quenton Nelson in essence. Quenton grew up as a Giants fan, lived minutes away from Giant's stadium, he's got the story and the talent to be the pick at #2. Almost every big board I'm seeing has Quenton as either the 1st or 2nd highest talent in this draft class.

Not a sexy pick but boy could we use a dominate line once more. Establish the run and protect Eli. Probably the biggest upgrade we can make for our offense.
                    I'd actually rather see him than Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post

High character locker room guy. Leader. This guy is an incredible prospect. I could easily see us taking him at #2.
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Good article on college OL here. Mentions Nelson as "why is there only one of him" in the draft?

https://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...nfl-1.17865303

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post

Catapults might be the wrong word. He definitely plowed him and pushed him back 15 yards down the field. Catapults makes one think he jumped or hurdled him
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I want him more than any other player in the draft, but a Guard at #2 is just high.
                            Would love to trade back with the Broncos and pick him up at 5, but I don't think he makes it past the colts.
                            Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
                              I want him more than any other player in the draft, but a Guard at #2 is just high.
                              Would love to trade back with the Broncos and pick him up at 5, but I don't think he makes it past the colts.
                              The Colts pick at #6, so we could trade down to 5 and still get him...if he makes it past the Browns. IMO Barkley or Nelson will certainly make it past the Browns to #5, I'd take either one.
                              "Next man up"

Comment

Working...
                              X