Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Quenton Nelson Destroy This Giant's Scout - Man Is Q Massive and Strong!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    The Colts pick at #6, so we could trade down to 5 and still get him...if he makes it past the Browns. IMO Barkley or Nelson will certainly make it past the Browns to #5, I'd take either one.
    I agree I would not want to take either of them with 2. Me personally would take Chubb before Nelson or Barkley. I believe you can get a Guard and RB in the later part of the draft. That are 80% of what Barkley or Nelson can do. . 80% of a great guard and RB is a good RB and or Guard, All that is needed from both spots. Jerry and Fluker were 60% of Nelson and did ok. On the other hand 80% of a great pass-rusher is 20% to late.
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

I wouldnít mind Nelson at all, not sure about at #2 though.

Comment

Nelson, 6ftt.5in, 325lbs , 33 3/4 in arms and 10 3/8 hands.

Comment

giants need to get this guy, ideally in a trde back.

Denver would be the best trade partner in terms of staying high and getting a ood amount of picks. Nelson will still be there at 5.

Buffalo will probably give us the most, but unless we try to trade back up from 12, won't get Nelson.

if we draft him, our OL will look pretty damn good. throw in someone like Ragnw in the 3rd and oh my lol

Solder-Omameh-Jones/Ragnow-Nelson-Wheeler. sign me up.

we can get a real good RB like Guice or Michel in the 2nd to pair with Stewart and Gallman and have a real good run game.

Comment

That is a full grown man right there. Standing by my train of thought that we need to land Nelson or Barkley in this draft. Nelson is the "safest" pick in the draft, not flashy but he can turn a line around. Add in Solder and Omahah with Flowers or Wheeler on the right side and I think this line is completely different than last year. I'd love that pick.
            I agree with you that Nelson is the safest pick and the giants certainly can use him. My issue is I just canít see them taking a guard at 2

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

I agree with you that Nelson is the safest pick and the giants certainly can use him. My issue is I just canít see them taking a guard at 2
              i'd be fine with it..... But best case scenario if they aren't taking a QB is trade back a bit and still get Nelson.

Comment

Scout didn't sink his hips
                Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

No one in the NFL cares about the Guard at 2 thing, that is a made up concern by fans. If you can get a great player you take him. I'd rather a Hall of Fame kicker at 2 than a bust QB. The Raiders took a QB at #1 in 2007 and the Lions took a WR. Would you rather Jamarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson? My point is if you think a guy is an amazing player you take him and don't care that he is a guard and you're picking #2. He won't be there in the 2nd round for us so whether we pick 2nd or 20th is irrelevant.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

If we draft Chubb or Nelson, I really hope it's after trading down. Huge fan of both, but you simply can't pass on a QB or Barkley at #2. My opinion.
                    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                    Garrett Bolles - OT
                    David Njoku - TE
                    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

No one in the NFL cares about the Guard at 2 thing, that is a made up concern by fans. If you can get a great player you take him. I'd rather a Hall of Fame kicker at 2 than a bust QB. The Raiders took a QB at #1 in 2007 and the Lions took a WR. Would you rather Jamarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson? My point is if you think a guy is an amazing player you take him and don't care that he is a guard and you're picking #2. He won't be there in the 2nd round for us so whether we pick 2nd or 20th is irrelevant.
                      Really like this thinking process.
                      Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Nelson is going Browns at 4,,,,,just a gut feeling. I am totally seeing Barkley as a receiver RB in the Shurmur system, but I can see a lot of immense talented receiver RBís in the Shurmur system....all the way to round 3....maybe 4. Easy pass at 2. I do not see Hernandez as a Shurmur guard...Daniels and Wynn, yes....and I have yet to see Chubb stand and deliver. If he could, heís the value at 2.

Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
                          If we draft Chubb or Nelson, I really hope it's after trading down. Huge fan of both, but you simply can't pass on a QB or Barkley at #2. My opinion.
                          it's interesting how many differing opinions there are. I'd take Chubb or Nelson over Barkley, and QB over any of them, at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

i'd be fine with it..... But best case scenario if they aren't taking a QB is trade back a bit and still get Nelson.
                            I wouldnít hate it but I still stand by the thinking of if they donít like any of the QBs at 2 trade back is the best move to make. I believe itíll take more then one year to get this team back on track with the amount of holes it has.

Comment

This is the safest pick in the draft. The only thing that will keep this kid from playing on Sundays is injury, which is always a risk.
                              sigpic

Comment

I donít understand the thought process of not taking Nelson at 2 but itís ok at 5. What difference does it make? If Nelson is a great player picking him at 2 shouldnít matter. You donít mess around just take him.

Comment

Working...
                                X