The Perfect Draft Day Trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Draft Day Trade

This is a scenario that will work for all 3 teams involved and would benefit everyone and should be considered perfect for all parties.

NYG Receives
    4th overall pick from CLE
    2nd Rounder from DEN
    3rd Rounder from DEN

DEN Receives
    ​​​​2nd overall pick from NYG
    5th round pick from CLE

CLE Receives
    5th overall pick from DEN
    2nd Rounder next year from DEN

NYG- We end up picking up 2 extra picks and still get to take a guy that they love in Saquon. We'd end up having 2 2nd round picks this year and 2 3rd round picks that can be used to fill a lot of holes on this roster while still landing the number 1 guy on our board. Now you can argue that we can just swap with Denver and keep the 2nd round pick they would give up next next year, but in my opinion being able to land Barkley is worth sending that pick directly to Cleveland.

DEN- They give up pretty much the same amount the Jets gave up to move up 3 spots and they also get a 5th rounder from Cleveland in this trade. In their case they end up landing their franchise guy and get to jump the QB needy Jets while doing so.

CLE- They are the wildcard in this scenario. All they have to do is swap picks with the the NYG at this point and only move down one spot. Now if they find that Barkley is worth not getting an extra 2nd round pick next year, they would just proceed with taking him. If I were Cleveland I would definitely not mind getting a 2nd next year and settling with Nelson or Chubb at 5.

Let me know what you guys think.. Too much to give up for Denver? Does Cleveland find Barkley being worth not getting a 2nd rounder next year?

​​​​​​
    Last edited by dayeh33; 04-06-2018, 04:42 PM.

Giants trade with Buf getting 12, 22, 53 &56. Then we trade 12 and 34, move up and get Nelson and walk away with Nelson, #23, #53, #56.and 2 more picks in 3rd.

Comment

I know everyone has a man crush on Nelson, but if you do that trade with Buffalo, why not draft the second best guard Hernandez at #22 and then draft either Billy Price or Frank Ragnow at #34. Then use #12 to get a CB, LB, or Edge rusher.

So you end up with two starters for the line.

Comment

No way in hell would getting a 2nd and 3rd round pick warrant dropping the #2 pick.

Comment

I'd be happy with that, I don't think there is a chance the Browns do that. They get 1 pick next year and give up the option to take the best non-QB by dropping behind us. I think they would just force us to trade with Denver and take the best QB and best non QB.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by 455Buick View Post
            No way in hell would getting a 2nd and 3rd round pick warrant dropping the #2 pick.
            Realistically we'd be getting 2 2nds and a 3rd but we surrender next year's 2nd to the Browns to secure the number 1 guy on their board in Barkley. Every team wins in this scenario

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post

Realistically we'd be getting 2 2nds and a 3rd but we surrender next year's 2nd to the Browns to secure the number 1 guy on their board in Barkley. Every team wins in this scenario
              netting a 2nd and a third is not bad points wise, but terrible planning for the future wise. What is the plan for getting a QB? you planning on rolling with webb and a round 2 pick? Better to get a round 1 pick in 2019 from the bills or denver. That plan gives you ammo for next year to move up for a QB at least.

Change your Picks Situation with Swaps or whatever so that somehow the NYG have a 2019 first round pick from the deal. That is how the browns ended up with 2 top 5 picks this year. Not a bad backup plan if you screw up and miss out on a good QB. Otherwise, there isn't any plan at all for trading a chance at a QB of the future. Even the browns weren't that stupid.

Comment

Denver gives up 2 seconds and a 3rd to move up. If I were Elway, I would beg for this to happen.
                "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Working...
                X