Confident in our QB Decision Makers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confident in our QB Decision Makers

Whether we take a QB or not, I have a much higher level of confidence in our ultimate QB decision because Shurmur and Shula are involved.

That makes one of us.

I'll have faith when they earn it. I get your point regarding Shurmer. But I'm not there yet. Not close.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I am 100% in agreement TCHOF. Gettleman doesn't seem like a GM that would take a QB "because you have to". Shurmur and Shula both seem to be very knowledgeable on the QB position. Combine the 3 of them and if we go QB I'll feel good knowing they must see something great and if we don't take one they must have had a bad feeling about the options.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I agree. If they pick a QB they will pick the right guy and do a good job developing him. I could see them being successful with any of the 1st round QB talents. If they donít pick one then I expect them to get the most out of Eli and Webb. Giants are among the best situations for a QB. Lots of weapons, LT upgraded, vet RB who can grind. QB-centric coaches. Itís all tíd Up.

Comment

I agree. If Shurmur, Shula and Getty decide against QB, Iíll trust their judgement as much greater football minds than I will ever be.

Comment

My confidence level is a lot higher with Gettleman and Shurmur, compared to Reese and McAdoo.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
              My confidence level is a lot higher with Gettleman and Shurmur, compared to Reese and McAdoo.
              pretty low water mark!!

Comment

Compare our decision makers to the Jets.

Their guys picked Hackenberg in the 2nd round and moved up to 3 with no idea what QB will be there for them. Bowles is a defensive coach with no known experience with evaluating QBís.

And ... they are the Jets

Comment

I never thought McAdoo was ready to be a HC, so by definition I think Shurmur will be better, especially in QB related matters. He has way more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    Whether we take a QB or not, I have a much higher level of confidence in our ultimate QB decision because Shurmur and Shula are involved.

I do also . They have both come out and conveyed confidence in the QBs ability to be the starter. Both are QB positions gurus .I take what they say as truth.
                    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Well Gettleman didn't have to draft any QB's in Carolina.
                      May I remind everyone that he drafted the 5th or 6th best RB in the 2017 draft with the #8 pick.

Not stellar. I know the OP is arguing that with Shurmer and Shula there, they would prevent that from happening again. I hope you're right TCHOF. I really do.
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Have any of them drafted a QB that ended up being any good? Without researching, none come to mind. It's one thing to turn an nfl player into an above average player, it's another thing to scout a kid who's never experienced NFL speed

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Well Gettleman didn't have to draft any QB's in Carolina.
                          May I remind everyone that he drafted the 5th or 6th best RB in the 2017 draft with the #8 pick.

Not stellar. I know the OP is arguing that with Shurmer and Shula there, they would prevent that from happening again. I hope you're right TCHOF. I really do.
                          The McCaffrey pick makes me a little nervous, but to be fair he was a very good player last year. He certainly isnít an Apple or a Flowers....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

The McCaffrey pick makes me a little nervous, but to be fair he was a very good player last year. He certainly isnít an Apple or a Flowers....
                            And THAT is the name of the game. There are always better players picked after your guy every year. Really all you can do is draft who you think is a fit for your team. The main thing is just donít bust on your picks. As long as you arenít busting on picks you are doing great as a GM. At 2 overall this is even more critical. Pick the high floor.

Comment

I'd love to be in the QB room the next 2 weeks when the staff works with Eli and Webb for the first time. Those meetings will have a huge impact on the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X