Pick 2 QBs most likely to Succeed and 2 that will Bust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick 2 QBs most likely to Succeed and 2 that will Bust

Let's pretend that it is 2023 and we get 5 years of watching the 4 major QBs. Pick the 2 guys out of the big 4 that you think will be studs in the NFL by then vs the 2 that you think we will look back on as not living up to their potential. Jackson and Rudolph can be included in your 2 to succeed if you feel they will be better then the main 4, but can't be used as the potential bust QB's since they aren't rated as highly as the other guys going into the draft. My picks:

Studs: Darnold and Allen

​​​​​​Duds: Rosen and Mayfield

Now this isn't an easy choice but if I had to pick I'd go Darnold and Allen because they seem like the safest picks with the combination of really high ceilings, great character and high football IQ (Note:All 4 possess great IQ) and will both be top 10 guys by 2023. Rosen in my opinion will be a dud by then simply because I think he will be hurt a lot of his career. He has a very slim build and a concussion history already doesn't help. Now Mayfield I think can be the best QB out of the bunch if he reaches his max potential, and the only reason I have him as my other dud is because of the on field antics. As long as he behaves he'll be fine but I think he'll run into a couple of on field issues by the time the 2023 season rolls around.

What are your picks/opinions? Share with the board.

​​​​​​
    Last edited by dayeh33; 04-08-2018, 09:40 AM.

I believe both Josh's will excell. Darnold and Mayfield will be ok.

Comment

studs: Darnold / Mayfield
      duds: Rosen / Allen

Comment

Studs: whoever we pick
        Duds: whoever the Jet/Browns/Bills pick.

I think it has as much to do with where they go as who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          +1

Comment

Studs: Darnold & Rosen
            Duds: Allen & Mayfield

Override: Browns pick of QB will be an auto dud.

Comment

Studs: Rosen, Allen
              Duds: Jackson, Darnold

I don't think Darnold is going to be a dud but I needed to list 2. I just see him continuing the long list of USC QBs that underachieve in the pros. I don't see what physical traits make Darnold the best QB in the draft.
              Last edited by Blue_ToThe_Bone; 04-08-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                +1 I think Darnold is actually iffier than Rosen but I feel like Rosen is going to be out of the league due to concussions. Concussions are no joke and if he goes to a team with a bad line, he is dead in the water I fear.

Comment

IMO: Mayfield Allen Rosen all busts. Darnold will not get a 2nd contract from his drafting team. Jackson and Rudolph will be career backups.
                  The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Studs: Rosen, Darnold
                    Duds: Allen, Jackson

Comment

Rosen & Allen.

If Sam goes to the Browns, his career is done.
                      Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
                        Studs: Rosen, Allen
                        Duds: Jackson, Darnold

I don't think Darnold is going to be a dud but I needed to list 2. I just see him continuing the long list of USC QBs that underachieve in the pros. I don't see what physical traits make Darnold the best QB in the draft.
                        I just looked into Darnold and didn't even know he had the pedigree that he has. He's portrayed by the media as the humble blue collar guy ready to be at home in Cleveland, with Rosen as the stereotypical rich Jewish guy who may not be the toughest guy but knows the right people and will be home rubbing shoulders with the elite in New York while eating bagels and lox sipping on a cappuccino.

Truth is, Darnold has is related in an Olympian, actor, firefighter, USC basketball player, and original Marlboro Man named D1ck Hammer. Supposedly D1ck was beating guys in pickup 1on1 basketball games in his 60s. Hammer was supposedly fantastic at everything he got involved in. It doesn't get much more elite than that. Perhaps Darnold has that winning DNA in him like the Mannings have. I've thought Darnold looked like a good QB throwing the ball but nothing special. Maybe I'm wrong.
                        Last edited by Blue_ToThe_Bone; 04-08-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          IMO: Mayfield Allen Rosen all busts. Darnold will not get a 2nd contract from his drafting team. Jackson and Rudolph will be career backups.
                          Oh wow, you don't think any of them will turn out good?

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post

Oh wow, you don't think any of them will turn out good?
                            I think it is more like the 07 and 13 classes than the 04 class. It is my opinion and I could be wrong . All of them have flags that are not what you want in an NFL QB. If it was not for Willison, the 03 class would be up there as one of the worst also.
                            Last edited by TEM; 04-08-2018, 08:44 PM.
                            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Mayfield will excel.....able to read, throw from different angles and extend plays. Hes incredibly accurate and has a strong arm, with touch. Quick release, leader, and DOES use progressions. Can throw from the pocket...another misconception, as was his lol....weak arm. IMHO, he will be the best of the bunch.

Allen will either bust or excel in Godzilla proportions ....watching more tape, there was a lot to fix. Hes already showed immense improvement in his mechanics. So, Im sticking with excell. His throws were not THAT inaccurate..... a lot of forces and drops as his receivers had no separation, and a few that went off target, but hes not the wild thing as some make him to be.

Darnold will bust. Ill just keep it at USC QB....and his mechanics need a lot of work. Not sure he fixes the turnovers.

Rosen is the other beach boy who will bust. Best mechanics, and throws a beautiful ball. The bust will be his body and head....and possibly from a teammate who will get sick of his snide know it all comments. Reminds me of a keyboard warrior type....can say whatever they want behind their safety of a room....would never dare say it to your face. Rosen does, because he knows all...and makes sure you know hes better then you. Would not be surprised to hear a teammate does a jaw breaker on him...Geno Smith mode. If he wants to...and his body held up....best QB prospect of the bunch.

These are are just my opinions....yours may differ. This does not mean I kicked your dog. Trade OBJ!!
                              Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X