No announcement yet.

Pick 2 QBs most likely to Succeed and 2 that will Bust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the minority, but I like Rudolph. He does everything well, and he shows the best demeanor under pressure in the pocket of all the QBs I watched this year. I know you guy are going to rip me apart on arm strength, but I think he has enough arm strength to play in the NFL. I think over time he will be the most successful QB out this draft.

Comment

Studs: Jackson, Allen, Rosen (barring he stays relatively healthy)
      Duds: Mayfield, Darnold.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
        I'm in the minority, but I like Rudolph. He does everything well, and he shows the best demeanor under pressure in the pocket of all the QBs I watched this year. I know you guy are going to rip me apart on arm strength, but I think he has enough arm strength to play in the NFL. I think over time he will be the most successful QB out this draft.
        I'm with you actually - but the OP asked that he be left out. I'm not for getting a QB this year but wouldn't mind Rudolph at #34.

Comment

I personally don't think any will be great QBs. I will go out on the limb though.

Most Success: Jackson and Mayfield. I think Jackson, if used correctly, will be much better than RGIII and has potential to succeed. They have to keep his runs per game at 5 or less. If Mayfield can keep his off the field ish together he should be the best QB in the bunch. He is a heck of a player and he loves the game. The will to succeed is important, but the will to prepare to succeed is much more important. If you don't love the game odds are you won't succeed.

Flops: Darnold and Rosen. Darnold is going to the Browns and is from USC. Can he break both molds? Doubtful. Ol' tiny hands will have a hard time in the NFL. I don't think Rosen loves the game enough to put his body through the NFL ringer. I predict he will be out of the NFL in a couple years. He is already planning is post football life before taking an NFL snap and has said that his dreams are in the business world not on the gridiron. There is nothing wrong with that but how long until he realizes those goals will hurt his body much less. He will make nearly 30 mil on his rookie deal and be able to start any business he wants.

I simply think Allen won't be good enough. Rudolph is the wild card to me. I have heard some very good things about him, but I have doubts he will do anything great.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Ill tell you after the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              I personally don't think any will be great QBs. I will go out on the limb though.

Most Success: Jackson and Mayfield. I think Jackson, if used correctly, will be much better than RGIII and has potential to succeed. They have to keep his runs per game at 5 or less. If Mayfield can keep his off the field ish together he should be the best QB in the bunch. He is a heck of a player and he loves the game. The will to succeed is important, but the will to prepare to succeed is much more important. If you don't love the game odds are you won't succeed.

Flops: Darnold and Rosen. Darnold is going to the Browns and is from USC. Can he break both molds? Doubtful. Ol' tiny hands will have a hard time in the NFL. I don't think Rosen loves the game enough to put his body through the NFL ringer. I predict he will be out of the NFL in a couple years. He is already planning is post football life before taking an NFL snap and has said that his dreams are in the business world not on the gridiron. There is nothing wrong with that but how long until he realizes those goals will hurt his body much less. He will make nearly 30 mil on his rookie deal and be able to start any business he wants.

I simply think Allen won't be good enough. Rudolph is the wild card to me. I have heard some very good things about him, but I have doubts he will do anything great.
              Why do you keep calling Darnold “tiny hands”?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Why do you keep calling Darnold “tiny hands”?
                Hyperbole.

People made such a big deal about his hand size then they measure them and they weren't that small, below average for sure, but nothing extreme by any means. Just kind of makes me laugh.
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post

I'm with you actually - but the OP asked that he be left out. I'm not for getting a QB this year but wouldn't mind Rudolph at #34.
                  I said in the original post you can include Rudolph or Jackson in your studs but can't include them in duds simply because they're not rated as high as the others. But if you feel one of them will be the best go for it

Comment

Hyperbole.

People made such a big deal about his hand size then they measure them and they weren't that small, below average for sure, but nothing extreme by any means. Just kind of makes me laugh.
                    Wasn't that the knock on Tommy Maddox too?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aris View Post
                      Mayfield will excel.....able to read, throw from different angles and extend plays. He’s incredibly accurate and has a strong arm, with touch. Quick release, leader, and DOES use progressions. Can throw from the pocket...another misconception, as was his lol....weak arm. IMHO, he will be the best of the bunch.

Allen will either bust or excel in Godzilla proportions ....watching more tape, there was a lot to fix. He’s already showed immense improvement in his mechanics. So, I’m sticking with excell. His throws were not THAT inaccurate..... a lot of forces and drops as his receivers had no separation, and a few that went off target, but he’s not the wild thing as some make him to be.

Darnold will bust. I’ll just keep it at USC QB....and his mechanics need a lot of work. Not sure he fixes the turnovers.

Rosen is the other beach boy who will bust. Best mechanics, and throws a beautiful ball. The bust will be his body and head....and possibly from a teammate who will get sick of his snide know it all comments. Reminds me of a keyboard warrior type....can say whatever they want behind their safety of a room....would never dare say it to your face. Rosen does, because he knows all...and makes sure you know he’s better then you. Would not be surprised to hear a teammate does a jaw breaker on him...Geno Smith mode. If he wants to...and his body held up....best QB prospect of the bunch.

These are are just my opinions....yours may differ. This does not mean I kicked your dog. Trade OBJ!!
                      I agree with your two that will excel. I also think they will both be in the league a long time. Based on the OP criteria, it was underachieving more than out and out busts for the other two. Rosen will have a short, injury filled career w flashes. Darnold could go either way depending on where he lands but I predict will fall short of expectations.

Comment

Mayfield = Bust
                        Allen = Boom if given a year to sit
                        Darnold = Boom
                        Rosen = Boom if healthy
                        Jackson = Likely bust, but Boom if in proper system
                        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                        Garrett Bolles - OT
                        David Njoku - TE
                        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I would prefer to answer this the day after the draft, mostly because I think where a guy is drafted matters almost as much as his skillset. Some examples of what I mean:

-I think Josh Allen is clearly talented. But he needs time to develop. If someone drafts him and puts him on the field right off the bat, it could turn him into a bust.

-Darnold, in my opinion, is a riskier pick to a tough climate outdoor stadium team because of his turnover issue and how I think it will play out in the NFL.

- Rosen if selected by a team that doesnt protect him could end up with a short career.

That is just a few.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Wasn't that the knock on Tommy Maddox too?
                            Yeah that was post draft I think though. Dan Reeves said after they drafted him and he shook his hand then he realized how small his hands were. Things were different 25 years ago, but hand size was still important.
                            "Next man up"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              I would prefer to answer this the day after the draft, mostly because I think where a guy is drafted matters almost as much as his skillset. Some examples of what I mean:

-I think Josh Allen is clearly talented. But he needs time to develop. If someone drafts him and puts him on the field right off the bat, it could turn him into a bust.

-Darnold, in my opinion, is a riskier pick to a tough climate outdoor stadium team because of his turnover issue and how I think it will play out in the NFL.

- Rosen if selected by a team that doesnt protect him could end up with a short career.

That is just a few.
                              Good points

Comment

Hyperbole.

His hand size isn't below average

Comment

Working...
                                X