Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The if you had to trade Beckham 2 year Giant Fix

My Fantasy Situation

It is possible that including Lawrence Taylor and Homer Jones, OBJ is the most exciting player the Giants have ever had. Unfortunately he has also become a distraction, and one on a very mediocre team. I would love to watch OBJ catch touchdown passes from Manning and then his successor for the next ten years. However some times you have to cut bait if the fire gets to hot. Beckham holding out for training camp and a game or two would be a nightmare situation. I do not advocate giving him away. That would be cutting off you nose to spite your face.

The one trade that is somewhat intriguing is to Cleveland for picks #4, #33, and WR Corey Coleman

So we now have picks 2, 4, 33, 34, 66, 69, 108, and 139.

We then hold an auction for our picks #2 and 4.

Say we get Buffalo to give us #12, 22, 53, 65, and a first next year.
    With it now looking like the first three picks are going to be QBs anyone who wants one of the top 4 will make someone step up. How about Arizona making us an offer that forces us to move on Saquan, like #15, 47, 79, and a second next year.

Our draft would look like this as a possibility

12- Roquan Smith ILB- I would take Denzel Ward or Edmunds if they fell but not sure.
    15- Jaire Alexander CB
    22- Harold Landry OLB/Edge
    33- Will hernandez OG
    34- Courtland Sutton WR
    47- Justin Reid S
    53- Anthony Miller WR
    65- Brian O'neill OT
    66- Frank Ragnow C
    69- Duke Dawson Slot Corner
    79- B J Hill DT
    108 Mark Walton RB
    139 Zach Sieler DE (Ferris State) could be Marcel Frazier

So in one draft we have fixed our offensive line, our secondary, wide receiving corps, and addressed our linebacking in round 1 for the first time in 30 years.

What we also have going forward are 2 #1s and 2 #2s for next year for QB, DL, and RB.

If you look at the Vikings team of last year they had mediocre receivers, a mediocre QB, better than average offensive line and a good defense.

This is where we could be in a year or two.

There is this pesky thing called the Salary cap.

Pick 12 = $2,718,200
    Pick 15 = $2,469,675
    Pick 22 = $2,121,730
    Pick 33= $1,376,143
    Pick 34= $1,363,716
    Pick 47= $1,077,907
    Pick 53 = $ 928,791
    Pick 65= $747,340
    Pick 66= 745,162
    pick 69= 740,037
    pick 79= 710,469
    pick 108 =$658,753
    pick 139 = $561,189
    Colemen = $6,887,044
    -------------------------------------
    Total =$24,742,008
    ------------------------------------------
    OBJ= $8,459,000
    ---------------------------------------------
    Total after trades $16,283,008

Pick cost without trading $9,794,270
    as it stands we are -$3,556,740 as a deficit.

Where is the $10,045,478 that is needed to make this happen going to come from?
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

try Brandon Marshall being cut. Subtract the bottom 13 guys on the roster who are now replaced at an average of $600k, or another 7.5-8mm. A little Eli restructure. Not that hard to lop off $12mm+

Comment

This is an interesting idea via madden football. But that would be quite a hall. What happens in 4 and 5 years when all there contracts come due

Comment

Originally posted by jintslifer1 View Post
          This is an interesting idea via madden football. But that would be quite a hall. What happens in 4 and 5 years when all there contracts come due
          You pay the guys that pan out and cut or trade the ones that don't. They're not all going to be stars.
          2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
          Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
          Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
          Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
          Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
          Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
          Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

you trade a few and keep your core if we are doing well. For sure you will lose some in FA i.e. Pugh and Richburg. We will get comp picks if they are good ones. It is the natural cycle of life.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
              There is this pesky thing called the Salary cap.

Pick 12 = $2,718,200
              Pick 15 = $2,469,675
              Pick 22 = $2,121,730
              Pick 33= $1,376,143
              Pick 34= $1,363,716
              Pick 47= $1,077,907
              Pick 53 = $ 928,791
              Pick 65= $747,340
              Pick 66= 745,162
              pick 69= 740,037
              pick 79= 710,469
              pick 108 =$658,753
              pick 139 = $561,189
              Colemen = $6,887,044
              -------------------------------------
              Total =$24,742,008
              ------------------------------------------
              OBJ= $8,459,000
              ---------------------------------------------
              Total after trades $16,283,008

Pick cost without trading $9,794,270
              as it stands we are -$3,556,740 as a deficit.

Where is the $10,045,478 that is needed to make this happen going to come from?
              You forgot to substract the salaries of 12 guys currently on the roster who would be replaced by these players. But, it's totally irrelevant because that trade would never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
                My Fantasy Situation

It is possible that including Lawrence Taylor and Homer Jones, OBJ is the most exciting player the Giants have ever had. Unfortunately he has also become a distraction, and one on a very mediocre team. I would love to watch OBJ catch touchdown passes from Manning and then his successor for the next ten years. However some times you have to cut bait if the fire gets to hot. Beckham holding out for training camp and a game or two would be a nightmare situation. I do not advocate giving him away. That would be cutting off you nose to spite your face.
                Odell is only a distraction to the people consumed by the 24x7 sports media cycle. In order to sustain this 24x7 cycle, outlets create and indulge stories in order to get clicks.

The so called distractions:
                1. Fight with Norman - This was, what, 3 years ago? Nearly every NFL player has gotten into a fight. Since it's Odell, it's magnified.
                2. Penalties for his TD celebrations - Who hasn't? Since it's Odell, it's magnified.
                3. The Boat - Dumb, but overblown. Dumb, but not the reason we lost in the playoffs. GB was better. Since it's Odell, though, media and fans single him out as if he were the only one who took the trip, and the story is magnified.
                4. The Net - Honestly, if you think the thing with the net was an actual issue, see my original point about being consumed by the 24x7 media cycle.
                In my opinion, a real distraction is........(to name a few)
                1. ......when the best player on a team records locker room speeches with his cell phone and broadcasts it on social media.
                2. ......when the best player on a team, who already happens to have allegations of domestic abuse against him, is recorded pulling a woman's top down in public while on a parade float.
                3. ......when the best offensive weapon is suspended multiple times, for multiple seasons, for violating league policy.
                4. ......when the best LB on a defense misses more games than he plays due to personal fouls and illegal hits
                I've yet to hear anything negative about Odell from any teammate or coach. It's quite the opposite, in fact. I've heard he's the hardest worker at practice, and if you watch him you see he leaves it all out on the field every Sunday.

This narrative painting a bad picture of Odell is just stale to me. As mentioned, the only distraction is this 24x7 media cycle. If folks let themselves get consumed by it, and if they decide to listen and take to heart every little story made up, that's on them.
                NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                Garrett Bolles - OT
                David Njoku - TE
                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

A distraction is all of the things you mentioned taken together with a contract holdout. Added to the fact we have a new head coach, OC, and system he is not part of for pre season makes him less effective and then you pay him $20mm and he then gets hurt because he missed training camp

Comment

A distraction is all of the things you mentioned taken together with a contract holdout. Added to the fact we have a new head coach, OC, and system he is not part of for pre season makes him less effective and then you pay him $20mm and he then gets hurt because he missed training camp
                    With all due respect my man, nothing you mention has happened. How are things that haven't even happened a distraction? This is what I'm talking about.

Rd 1
                    Garrett Bolles - OT
                    David Njoku - TE
                    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by jintslifer1 View Post
                      But that would be quite a hall.
                      Don't know if we get all those guys but it's fun to dream about it. The op did put a lot of work into it. Maybe we could trade back and get at least a couple of those players.

Comment

it will be too late for this season when they do become distractions. one of my points was Minnesota won with Adam Thielen Shelton Diggs and Kyle Rudolph and Case Keenum as their core. You can win without a disgruntled star.

Comment

it will be too late for this season when they do become distractions. one of my points was Minnesota won with Adam Thielen Shelton Diggs and Kyle Rudolph and Case Keenum as their core. You can win without a disgruntled star.
                          Again, this is a made up story. Name one time Odell has mentioned he's disgruntled. All he has said is he wants to be the highest paid player when asked about it. He's never mentioned anything about holdouts, etc.

I do agree you don't need a star WR to win, but a player like Odell helps. His production is undeniable.

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

There have been reports of holding out without a new contract. I guess we will find out. you obviously remember our starting receivers at the first super bowl, Stacy Robinson, bobby Johnson, Phil McConkey. but we had Bavaro and Simms.

Comment

There have been imaginary reports concocted out of thin air of holding out without a new contract. I guess we will find out. you obviously remember our starting receivers at the first super bowl, Stacy Robinson, bobby Johnson, Phil McConkey. but we had Bavaro and Simms.
                              Fixed it.

Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                              X