Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants might not be going QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants might not be going QB

    Today (Monday April 9th) on NFL network with OBJ showing up for voluntary practice and possibly putting trade rumors to rest. Eli was interviewed and said he looks forward to playing with Odel this year and years to come. immediately the talking heads pick that up that Eli is planning on playing for a few more years.

    With that info now are the giants not going QB in the draft ? Is this the thinking of the Giant brass ? They said Eli knew exactly what he was saying. Does Mara want to go thru an even worse scenario than last year letting Eli go after these 2 years if he still wants to play ? if Eli has a good year I think he could very easily wind up with a year or 2 extension.

    Don't think Eli slipped at all about wanting to play with Odel for years to come. First rd pick Barkley or a trade back ?

  • #2
    Ugh. An extension? Gimme a break.

    Comment


    • #3
      Picking Barkley in the first and extending Eli's contract is my worst nightmare

      Comment


      • #4
        No way he is getting an extension

        Comment


        • #5
          As much as I like Eli, I hate talking an extension. Geno Smith looked more mobile, accurate, and had a stronger arm and we all know how much people like Geno Smith. Too bad McAdoo never got to execute his plan to give Davis Webb playing time. Now we don't even know what we have at QB. Shurmur said he lacks the needed film to see what he has in Webb.

          Comment


          • #6
            Eli's going to win the next 3 Super Bowls and be anointed as the supreme GOAT.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
              Today (Monday April 9th) on NFL network with OBJ showing up for voluntary practice and possibly putting trade rumors to rest. Eli was interviewed and said he looks forward to playing with Odel this year and years to come. immediately the talking heads pick that up that Eli is planning on playing for a few more years.

              With that info now are the giants not going QB in the draft ? Is this the thinking of the Giant brass ? They said Eli knew exactly what he was saying. Does Mara want to go thru an even worse scenario than last year letting Eli go after these 2 years if he still wants to play ? if Eli has a good year I think he could very easily wind up with a year or 2 extension.

              Don't think Eli slipped at all about wanting to play with Odel for years to come. First rd pick Barkley or a trade back ?
              You drew that conclusion from all of that.
              Eli wants to play with Odell so we aren't drafting a QB?

              OK.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                Today (Monday April 9th) on NFL network with OBJ showing up for voluntary practice and possibly putting trade rumors to rest. Eli was interviewed and said he looks forward to playing with Odel this year and years to come. immediately the talking heads pick that up that Eli is planning on playing for a few more years.

                With that info now are the giants not going QB in the draft ? Is this the thinking of the Giant brass ? They said Eli knew exactly what he was saying. Does Mara want to go thru an even worse scenario than last year letting Eli go after these 2 years if he still wants to play ? if Eli has a good year I think he could very easily wind up with a year or 2 extension.

                Don't think Eli slipped at all about wanting to play with Odel for years to come. First rd pick Barkley or a trade back ?
                If we give Eli time and a running game, I can see him playing a few more years and getting back to old form (top 10 depending on the week). Like most of our team's issues, I think Eli's regression is mostly due to the terrible OL constructed by JR.

                To answer your question, if we don't go QB I think we need to go Barkley. We can grab someone like Wynn in round 2, or even trade down in later rounds to acquire more picks. Nobody seems to discuss trading down in rounds 2-5. There's a lot of value having the #2 pick in each round, and looking at past drafts, we can easily pick up multiple picks rounds 3-7 by trading back a few spots.
                NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                Rd 1
                Garrett Bolles - OT
                David Njoku - TE
                Zach Cunningham - OLB

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                  You drew that conclusion from all of that.
                  Eli wants to play with Odell so we aren't drafting a QB?

                  OK.
                  Just echoing the panel on NFL network. I don't know either just put it up for debate.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

                    Just echoing the panel on NFL network. I don't know either just put it up for debate.
                    Really? that makes it better?

                    Eli's "desire" to play many happy sunshiny years with Odell has absolutely nothing to do with the decision to draft a QB. Eli doesn't get to decide.

                    I think he feels that he dodged a bullet last year but his mediocre and declining play might suggest a different strategy than he thinks. I don't know if we will take a QB, but I doubt that Eli's POV will have anything to do with it.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

                      If we give Eli time and a running game, I can see him playing a few more years and getting back to old form (top 10 depending on the week). Like most of our team's issues, I think Eli's regression is mostly due to the terrible OL constructed by JR.

                      To answer your question, if we don't go QB I think we need to go Barkley. We can grab someone like Wynn in round 2, or even trade down in later rounds to acquire more picks. Nobody seems to discuss trading down in rounds 2-5. There's a lot of value having the #2 pick in each round, and looking at past drafts, we can easily pick up multiple picks rounds 3-7 by trading back a few spots.
                      Hi Piddy, listen do you really get that much talent after round 2 in the draft ? The amount of starters go way down after round 2. There has to be some by the math alone but if the draft is a crap shoot anyway what is it after round 2 ?

                      That's why if we trade the 2nd pick in the draft we need at least 4-5 1st and 2nd rounders. They can keep the 3rd thru 7th imo.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                        Really? that makes it better?

                        Eli's "desire" to play many happy sunshiny years with Odell has absolutely nothing to do with the decision to draft a QB. Eli doesn't get to decide.

                        I think he feels that he dodged a bullet last year but his mediocre and declining play might suggest a different strategy than he thinks. I don't know if we will take a QB, but I doubt that Eli's POV will have anything to do with it.
                        It's an opinion just like yours no better no worse.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

                          It's an opinion just like yours no better no worse.
                          Sorry for being snippy. It's just the pre-draft silly season. Everything everybody says seems to show some indication about what the team will do.

                          My view is that nothing anyone says, indicated anything. They aren't going to tip their hand and no player has any idea either.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                            Sorry for being snippy. It's just the pre-draft silly season. Everything everybody says seems to show some indication about what the team will do.

                            My view is that nothing anyone says, indicated anything. They aren't going to tip their hand and no player has any idea either.
                            That's ok your always my pal, I don't know I just guess Eli thinks he's gonna be here for awhile.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

                              That's ok your always my pal, I don't know I just guess Eli thinks he's gonna be here for awhile.
                              I'm sure he does. I doubt he will be. My guess is 2018 is his last season. Either way...his hopes for his future aren't especially relevant.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X