Giants might not be going QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

If we give Eli time and a running game, I can see him playing a few more years and getting back to old form (top 10 depending on the week). Like most of our team's issues, I think Eli's regression is mostly due to the terrible OL constructed by JR.

To answer your question, if we don't go QB I think we need to go Barkley. We can grab someone like Wynn in round 2, or even trade down in later rounds to acquire more picks. Nobody seems to discuss trading down in rounds 2-5. There's a lot of value having the #2 pick in each round, and looking at past drafts, we can easily pick up multiple picks rounds 3-7 by trading back a few spots.
    to be honest you give any QB in the NFL time and a running game and they will be good... question is what can they do when they dont have time...all the top QB still make plays...Eli doesnt...

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

If we give Eli time and a running game, I can see him playing a few more years and getting back to old form (top 10 depending on the week). Like most of our team's issues, I think Eli's regression is mostly due to the terrible OL constructed by JR.

To answer your question, if we don't go QB I think we need to go Barkley. We can grab someone like Wynn in round 2, or even trade down in later rounds to acquire more picks. Nobody seems to discuss trading down in rounds 2-5. There's a lot of value having the #2 pick in each round, and looking at past drafts, we can easily pick up multiple picks rounds 3-7 by trading back a few spots.
      So give Eli everything and he should be okay? Can't expect him to make anyone around him better at all.

Man, HE has regressed. I honestly can't believe people refuse to believe it

Comment

I said it before and Ill say it again, Im not sold on any of the QBs in this draft. They all have huge question marks in my eyes. Im a proponent of trading down, getting some picks and taking an impact player for the defense or the OL. Id be fine with moving down and grabbing someone like Smith, Fitzpatrick, Nelson or even James. BTW, Id also be ok with Chubb at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post

to be honest you give any QB in the NFL time and a running game and they will be good... question is what can they do when they dont have time...all the top QB still make plays...Eli doesnt...
          "To be honest," if you give Tom Brady no time and pressure he will fail too. Just like he did in the '07 superbowl.

Not comparing Eli to Brady, just stating a fact that when even the best QB doesn't trust his protection he is a different QB.

And "to be honest," you can't "give any QB in the NFL time and a running game and they will be good." Most NFL QBs stink even when you do protect them. That's why 4 or 5 QBs will be drafted in the first round this year.

"To be honest," you dont know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

"To be honest," if you give Tom Brady no time and pressure he will fail too. Just like he did in the '07 superbowl.

Not comparing Eli to Brady, just stating a fact that when even the best QB doesn't trust his protection he is a different QB.

And "to be honest," you can't "give any QB in the NFL time and a running game and they will be good." Most NFL QBs stink even when you do protect them. That's why 4 or 5 QBs will be drafted in the first round this year.

"To be honest," you're 100% correct on everything here especially that last point.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'm sure he does. I doubt he will be. My guess is 2018 is his last season. Either way...his hopes for his future aren't especially relevant.
              neither is anything you said because let's face it,,you have no ****ing idea what the giants are thinking. you are just talking because you have lips.

Comment

actually 4 to 5 qbs will be taken in the 1st round this year because those teams are QB needy or have been in QB hell for some time. most qb's stinking even when you protect them has absolutely zero to do with this years 1st round or the teams invloved. in fact, that is a pretty stupid comment. before being a snarky ***** have a clue yourself.

Comment

No QB, can fill too many other holes in the team and be competitive this year, QB is not the Giants problem much to the Eli Haters belief. The Doodle should never be forgiven for breaking Eli's Ironman Record, no other active QB shows up every week ready to do whatever it takes knowing he is going to get his butt kicked week in and week out with the Cheese The Doodle and Reece called a line the last 2 years.
                  Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I picked it up as Eli and ODB playing together for years to come on a different team when they become FA next year.

Comment

Before we start prognosticating where Eli will be in a few years, we need to see how he plays this year. If he is lights out, he could earn himself a few more years, otherwise, I think this is his swan song. While I won't be shocked if we take a position player, I'm expecting our pick to be a QB,

Comment

There is a difference between not winning a SB and going 3-13.
                        3-13 is epic failure.
                        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

neither is anything you said because let's face it,,you have no ****ing idea what the giants are thinking. you are just talking because you have lips.
                          I DEFINITELY have no idea......just as I already said.
                          That's the point. No one does.

....and you DO realize that it doesn't require lips to type on a keyboard......right?

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post

This has been painfully evident for the past couple seasons, and if there hadn't been major changes up top, it would be reasonable to say he would never revert back to something competent at his position. No one is assuming that any personnel changes on the line will guarantee good protection on every snap, but a higher percentage of protection, along with the improved complimentary blocking by TEs and possibly RBs, could be enough to restore a lot of confidence in hanging in there to make plays again.

Comment

The Giants hosted both Barkley and Chubb last week. And yes they are going to host Allen this week.

Here is what I believe, as if anyone cares.

If the Browns take Barkley #1, the Giants take Chubb at #2.

If the Browns don't take Barkley #1, the Giants take him #2

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                                The Giants hosted both Barkley and Chubb last week. And yes they are going to host Allen this week.

Here is what I believe, as if anyone cares.

If the Browns take Barkley #1, the Giants take Chubb at #2.

If the Browns don't take Barkley #1, the Giants take him #2
                                Well that's an interesting POV. I say no way the Browns don't take their QB at #1. Passing on a QB again is something the old regime would do. I doubt John Dorsey is going down that road.

For the record..I would be very surprised if we drafted Saquan Barkley at #2. If we don't trade out it would be because we were drafting a QB as far as I'm concerned.

But Gettleman is a huge wild card in this. He fell for the hype last year so we will just see.

Comment

Working...
                                X