Giants might not be going QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post

not buying it. No way Brady goes 3-13. No Edelman. They go to the SB. Gronk gets concussed, they still beat Jax. And NE doesn't really win cuz of their defense. It's mostly if not all Brady and that offense trying to outscore the other team. They never punted during the SB.

Brady wouldn't lead the league in 3 and outs. Brady would have gotten a first down in the 2nd half of the Thanksgiving Night game.

Eli just doesn't elevate the play of others around him. Brady does. When Geno came in for Eli va Oakland the Giants really didn't look any different. No better. No worse. That tells me something.
    If you watched the playoff win against Jax...It was all Brady. He was phenomenal.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Not drafting a quarterback in this year's draft would be a VERY FOOLISH mistake by the Giants. Eli Manning is clearly not getting better with age. He will have to be replaced soon. Moreover, the quarterback position is the most important in the NFL. It's hard to win a super bowl without an elite quarterback. We have seen this over and over again.

Comment

Agree. The more the years pass by the more you realize how good Brady is. We keep harping on how Eli's WRs dropped balls vs. GB ... but that's only because for the Giants to win every single play has to be perfect just to squeeze out a 20-17 win. Something tells me a very good QB shrugs off some miscues, overcomes it and makes more plays.

Look Eli had his day. Good career. Now it's time for the next chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Maybe he would be extended ?
          Is that a question or a statement? Do you think extending Eli's contract would be a good move?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Eli gets a pass to an extent for 2017 because he lost ODB. But only to an extent. He still played horribly. he was terrible dealing with a pass rush. He missed guys consistently with no pass rush at all. Go look at the SD game. He missed guys all over the field. He missed ODB on two easy TD's. His ability to complete the long ball is gone. he has trouble on crossing patterns where he tends to throw behind guys. he rarely leads them which is required in those patterns.
            His yards per attempt was embarrassing. 6.1. Y/A is akin to yards per carry as a RB. Only two starting QB's were worse.

His inability to lead this team through adversity was discouraging as well. He went down with the team. A franchise QB should be worth 5 to 8 wins a year. he failed miserably.

that is the reality of Eli at this point in his career.
            While I have disagreed with previous comments about Eli, this is definitely fair.
            2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
            Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
            Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
            Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
            Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
            Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
            Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

not buying it. No way Brady goes 3-13. No Edelman. They go to the SB. Gronk gets concussed, they still beat Jax. And NE doesn't really win cuz of their defense. It's mostly,if not all, Brady and that offense trying to outscore the other team. They never punted during the SB.

Brady wouldn't lead the league in 3 and outs. Brady would have gotten a first down in the 2nd half of the Thanksgiving Night game.

Eli just doesn't elevate the play of others around him. Brady does. When Geno came in for Eli vs. Oakland the Giants really didn't look any different. No better. No worse. That tells me something.
              1. Brady is better than Eli.
              2. Brady had one of the best OLs in the league.

Comment

not buying it. No way Brady goes 3-13. No Edelman. They go to the SB. Gronk gets concussed, they still beat Jax. And NE doesn't really win cuz of their defense. It's mostly,if not all, Brady and that offense trying to outscore the other team. They never punted during the SB.

Eli just doesn't elevate the play of others around him. Brady does. When Geno came in for Eli vs. Oakland the Giants really didn't look any different. No better. No worse. That tells me something.
                fair enough Brady is not human lol.... but use another top QB and they'd have the same results as Eli did IMO

To me Eli looked like he always has arm strength and accuracy were the same, he did look more skittish in the pocket, but I think that's just the result of having no oline or a RB who could pass block.

Im still team draft a QB, but I think you can still win with Eli too for now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post

1. Brady is better than Eli.
                  2. Brady had one of the best OLs in the league.
                  His Oline is far from one of the best. They have been a patchwork line for several years.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

They'd be insane not to take a QB with the # 2 overall pick in a good QB class. UNLESS, they don't like any of those QBs. Me? I take Mayfield.

Comment

His Oline is far from one of the best. They have been a patchwork line for several years.
                      They've had it rough for a few years, but Pro Football Focus and Fantasy Index both rated them as top OLs last year. Statistically I believe they had the top ranked run blocking OL.

Hard to find rankings that came out after the season but Pro Football Focus does an OL recap and ranked them 3rd, citing that after week 3 Solder improved greatly and made them one of the most solid OLs in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Is that a question or a statement? Do you think extending Eli's contract would be a good move?
                        I'm 50-50 on the subject I'd like to see Eli this year with a strong run game and an improved O line. The last 2 years under McAdoo as HC and play caller the offense was awful. But the 2 previous years when there was a check on McAdoo Eli and the Giant offense were both top 10. I think Eli is going to be just fine this season with a strong RB and another strong OL to go with Beckham and company.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          No way he is getting an extension
                          Huh you mean the 2x SB MVP/Ironman can't or won't get extended...smirk

Comment

Well, we just made his LT the highest paid OL. So there's that...

Comment

Working...
                            X