WHY THE GIANTS MUST DRAFT JOSH ROSEN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY THE GIANTS MUST DRAFT JOSH ROSEN

At the end of the season I couldn't decide if the Giants should draft Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen, so I decided to study some videos of both quarters and then compare them to the success of current NFL quarterbacks. I realized the most successful quarterbacks in the NFL are not the ones who can scramble well with decent throwing ability, but the most successful quarterbacks are the ones who can throw the ball the best like TOM BRADY, who isn't much of a scrambler. When it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL, it's all about how well and accurate they can throw the ball and are they smart enough to read defense. Josh Rosen proved my point when his team faced Sam Donald's team. Moreover, the Giants would be very foolish not to draft one of the elite quarterbacks base on Eli's performance the last couple of years. Quarterback is the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION in the NFL. Teams with elite quarterbacks in the NFL has a chance to win the super bowl every year like the Patriots. Studying Josh Rosen, I saw the quarterback I always wanted Eli Manning to be. The type of quarterback that can stand in the face of a pass rusher just to deliver a perfectly thrown ball. That is something I can never say about Eli, who is always throwing and turning at the same time to avoid the pass rush, resulting in a bad pass or int. MARK MY WORDS, Josh Rosen will be a STAR in the NFL because he will be one of the best and most accurate passers. When Sam Donald can't scramble much against NFL defense, then I really hope he can throw the ball well enough to help his new team win games. PLEASE GIANTS, DON'T BECOME LIKE THE NEW YORK KNICKS. MY YANKEES ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY TO KNICKS LAND BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT GOOD HITTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOOD STARTING PITCHING, AND IT'S MOSTLY BECAUSE THEY THREAT THEIR IDIOT GENERAL MANAGER LIKE FAMILY, REFUSING TO FIRE HIM, THEREFORE BLAMING THE MANAGER, EVEN IF HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB WITH WHAT HE HAS TO WORK WITH. KNICKS LAND AWAITS MY YANKEES, PLEASE DON'T JOIN THEM GIANTS, DRAFT AN ELITE QUARTERBACK, THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION, EVEN IF IT'S NOT JOSH ROSEN, MY CHOICE.

Originally posted by NYKiller View Post
    At the end of the season I couldn't decide if the Giants should draft Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen, so I decided to study some videos of both quarters and then compare them to the success of current NFL quarterbacks. I realized the most successful quarterbacks in the NFL are not the ones who can scramble well with decent throwing ability, but the most successful quarterbacks are the ones who can throw the ball the best like TOM BRADY, who isn't much of a scrambler. When it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL, it's all about how well and accurate they can throw the ball and are they smart enough to read defense. Josh Rosen proved my point when his team faced Sam Donald's team. Moreover, the Giants would be very foolish not to draft one of the elite quarterbacks base on Eli's performance the last couple of years. Quarterback is the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION in the NFL. Teams with elite quarterbacks in the NFL has a chance to win the super bowl every year like the Patriots. Studying Josh Rosen, I saw the quarterback I always wanted Eli Manning to be. The type of quarterback that can stand in the face of a pass rusher just to deliver a perfectly thrown ball. That is something I can never say about Eli, who is always throwing and turning at the same time to avoid the pass rush, resulting in a bad pass or int. MARK MY WORDS, Josh Rosen will be a STAR in the NFL because he will be one of the best and most accurate passers. When Sam Donald can't scramble much against NFL defense, then I really hope he can throw the ball well enough to help his new team win games. PLEASE GIANTS, DON'T BECOME LIKE THE NEW YORK KNICKS. MY YANKEES ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY TO KNICKS LAND BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT GOOD HITTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOOD STARTING PITCHING, AND IT'S MOSTLY BECAUSE THEY THREAT THEIR IDIOT GENERAL MANAGER LIKE FAMILY, REFUSING TO FIRE HIM, THEREFORE BLAMING THE MANAGER, EVEN IF HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB WITH WHAT HE HAS TO WORK WITH. KNICKS LAND AWAITS MY YANKEES, PLEASE DON'T JOIN THEM GIANTS, DRAFT AN ELITE QUARTERBACK, THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION, EVEN IF IT'S NOT JOSH ROSEN, MY CHOICE.
    Nah

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post

Nah
      Good analysis

Comment

im on board with Rosen too, but you can see plenty of times Rosen pulls an Eli and ducks down out when there's pressure. He's stepped up and made throws with guys in his face too, and has good feet in the pocket to side step the rush, so it's not a knock, but it's definitely there. I actually find Rosen to Eli comparison to be pretty spot on. Both are really smart QBs with a very good arm. They're both streaky QBs - when they're off they'll miss a few in a row. But when they're on, there arent much better. And both THRIVE off the playaction. Rosen off the playaction is a thing of beauty.

and FWIW, i think Darnold compares very favorably to Luck and Wentz who are 2 of the best QBs in the league (If Luck's arm ever gets reattached)

Comment

I say we pass on a QB this year.

A bit off topic, but since you said the Yankees in your first post: How about those NY Mets!? They have one of the most dominate starting rotations I've ever seen. They could potentially be the greatest starting rotation in the history of baseball. Every starting pitcher is an ace. Good time to be a Met fan! But as every Met fan knows... injuries will eventually happen (they are cursed).

Comment

I like it.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I like it.
              Good, I only wish the Giants Front Office can like it as well. I feel like Josh Rosen was born to play quarterback. I can see it in his quarterback mechanics and the way he throws the ball. Give him a decent offensive line and he will be the most dangerous quarterback on the field.

Comment

I'll take Darnold, Rosen or Allen. Anything else and I'm out.

Comment

Good, I only wish the Giants Front Office can like it as well. I feel like Josh Rosen was born to play quarterback. I can see it in his quarterback mechanics and the way he throws the ball. Give him a decent offensive line and he will be the most dangerous quarterback on the field.
                  I'm all for it but I have no idea what the new regime is thinking.
                  It's going to be a very exciting draft for Giants fans.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

your analysis is not really ok when it comes to "scrambling" or rather being able to prolong a play. I would point out Russell Wilson who plays behind an offensive line worse than the Giants. Aaron Rodgers and his ability to move in the pocket. Cam Newton who can flat out run. All of whom have been to the Super Bowl recently.

Comment

Yeah Gettleman has me scared. I get a bad vibe from him. Almost like he's a loose cannon. Its all this hog molly stuff. This isn't 1970 where you run every down. He didn't exactly work wonders in Carolina. Let's face it Newton made his job easier. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
                        your analysis is not really ok when it comes to "scrambling" or rather being able to prolong a play. I would point out Russell Wilson who plays behind an offensive line worse than the Giants. Aaron Rodgers and his ability to move in the pocket. Cam Newton who can flat out run. All of whom have been to the Super Bowl recently.
                        Everyone can move in the pocket to avoid the pass rush, I'm talking about MOST of the elite starting quarterbacks in the NFL and their scrambling ability. I'm talking about the last two quarterbacks in the super bowl. Sure Nick Foles can run a little bit, but he does his best work with his arm like Tom Brady. Yes, there are some good scrambling quarterbacks in the NFL, but most of the elite and best quarterbacks in the NFL and throughout history has done their best work with their ELITE arm.

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/...mpact-day-one/

Comment

I want Rosen the Chosen
                            Long Live the King

Comment

You should watch the 2011 NFC championship game and tell me Eli can't face blitzers and still deliver.

Comment

Working...
                              X