Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's a QB driven league. sorry,
    The entire Offense is symbiotic. Having a QB without an Offensive line or good running game, or receivers that can be trusted to catch the ball. Is a General without an army. Not gonna win anything. I can agree you need a QB that can use the pieces he has around him . He also needs the players around him. Last year the QB hands were tied with all 3 issues in all or different parts of the season.
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      Haha don't be sorry man, you are absolutely right. I myself had posted a few years back how having a franchise QB is the way to win a Super Bowl. The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of teams with franchise QBs winning Super Bowls, almost all winners have one. I have always said that if our guys love a QB in this draft we should take one, I still think that. If we don't love one though then we should take the player we think will be great.
      Give me Mayfield or Rosen , then Sony Michel in RD 2.

Then we will be on to something.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Mayfield is by FAR the better pick then Barkley.....
        Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

• Barkley may be an amazing player. but he is a RB. and one that is most likely going to be an every down type of player. great to have, but their life span is not long.

yes. Zeke has played well, Gurley was an MVP candidate, Fournette looks like he will be very good for the near future, but im telling you, by the end of their rookie deals, after all the wear nd tear getting hit 300 plus times 4-5 straight yrs, they will not be the same players. it's probably why Pittsburg has been a little reluctant in giving Leveon Bell a big time long term deal.

i mean maybe at 5 in a trade back scenario id be more accepting, but even then i would say the Nelson would be a much better option as would Chubb.

also teams are having more success with multiple RBs. Freeman/Coleman-Ingrahm/Kamara-all Philly RBs-Demarco/Henry-Murray/Mckinnon.

i say get someone in the 2nd like Guice, Michel, or Penny to pair with Gallman who showed he could be pretty good and Stewart

Comment

Give me Mayfield or Rosen , then Sony Michel in RD 2.

Then we will be on to something.
            Fair enough. Give me Barkley and then Hernandez in R2. Or give me Nelson and Michel in R2. There are a ton of options.

Like I said early on in this thread, the true debate is about this QB class and the non-QB options. I'll be on board with what ever they decide but I prefer not going QB.

Originally posted by Aris View Post
            Mayfield is by FAR the better pick then Barkley.....
            Only time will tell. I don't think Mayfield would do good in NYC. Stick that kid in Buffalo or some other backwoods city and I think he can be really good. NY, LA and Miami will be terrible for him.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Fair enough. Give me Barkley and then Hernandez in R2. Or give me Nelson and Michel in R2. There are a ton of options.

Like I said early on in this thread, the true debate is about this QB class and the non-QB options. I'll be on board with what ever they decide but I prefer not going QB.

Only time will tell. I don't think Mayfield would do good in NYC. Stick that kid in Buffalo or some other backwoods city and I think he can be really good. NY, LA and Miami will be terrible for him.
              Right.. Cocky, brash enthusiastic....That's not NY at all.

Comment

• I think Barkley would be a great player to have; however not for the Giants. If this past season we came in with a stout line and on some freak play Eli gets knocked out for the season, and we stunk up the place, solely because Eli was out for the season. Grab Barkley no problem. This year I believe we need to get bodies for the line. Admittedly I'm biased toward building your OL and DL first, and also feel that Michel would be a great option for RB.

Comment

im sorry but itís just not that simple. You have a good back and suddenly the defense is going to put 8 in the box? Thatís a fantasy. They are going to let Odell get behind them because theyíre afraid of a 5 yard gain? Really?
                  You may be shocked to hear this but defenses are a tad more complex than that.

Running games are are very important to an offense. Guess what. Saquon Barkley isnít the only avenue to a good running game.
                  But he is the one that could cost us a franchise QB or a great pass rusher.
                  Teams will never put 8 in the box because our passing game will be too lethal. What we need is for teams to get out of the 2 high safety sets and if they don't then we should punish them by running the ball down their throats. The last time we had a dual threat was back in 2008 before Plaxico shot himself. With a good running game/ run blocking and our receivers healthy we should be able to replicate that regular season success and if we remain healthy with no screw ups then we can definitely go on a deep run.

With that said, we don't need a guy as good as Barkley to get our running game going. Draft and stash a QB that we feel we can win with in the future and then draft a oline and running back with our picks in later rounds.
                  Last edited by DarkSaint; 04-13-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• The only huge mistake that can be made with the second overall pick is to draft a bust.

Priority number one is picking a player who is good. Value is secondary.

I would like a QB or Chubb but I would not call Barkley a ďmistakeĒ if he was chosen.

Picking the high high floor is a smart move for any GM. I like the expression that the draft is about hitting doubles, not HRs. Itís not about making the perfect pick, you just gotta accumulate talent

Comment

Right.. Cocky, brash enthusiastic....That's not NY at all.
                      Oh don't get me wrong, that part of him would fit in great here, we would love it. He would end up in a club at 3 a.m. in week 10 and shooting himself in the leg and going to jail though. He has too much party in him to last in a city like this. Just my opinion man, I don't have any research to back it up.
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong, that part of him would fit in great here, we would love it. He would end up in a club at 3 a.m. in week 10 and shooting himself in the leg and going to jail though. He has too much party in him to last in a city like this. Just my opinion man, I don't have any research to back it up.
                        I tend to doubt that. Players sometimes grow up. He's not Johnny Manziel.

Comment

• As a Penn State alum the thought excites me BUT I agree with MHS,
                          It is not the way to build back with all the holes in this roster.

Until we are strong in the trenches everything else is irrelevant, except for QB.
                          If that guy is in the draft, the trenches can wait til round 2 and beyond.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I tend to doubt that. Players sometimes grow up. He's not Johnny Manziel.
                            Everyone grows up, even Johnny. The problem is sometimes they don't grow up until they ruin half their career. The NFL of all places is filled with this. We can agree to disagree on Baker, time will tell. He is one of the guys I'm rooting for to succeed, I just think he would be better off not in NY, LA or Miami.
                            "Next man up"

Comment

Everyone grows up, even Johnny. The problem is sometimes they don't grow up until they ruin half their career. The NFL of all places is filled with this. We can agree to disagree on Baker, time will tell. He is one of the guys I'm rooting for to succeed, I just think he would be better off not in NY, LA or Miami.
                              I think he's the best QB in the draft. Great leader and a pinpoint passer. It's a strong combination.

Comment

• I would be highly surprised if Baker has any issues with partying, etc in the NFL. He had one incident of that nature, not a pattern of behavior. I think he has a drive to succeed like none of the other QBs, and as long as he isn't drafted by the wrong team, will do very well in the league. I'm with MS on this one, would be happy if we picked him, although I really don't expect the Giants to take him.

Comment

Working...
                                X