The NFL Draft is very very simple for the Giants at this point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL Draft is very very simple for the Giants at this point

If Browns take Darnold, Giants will take Allen (this is the most likely scenario. I'm 90% sure)

If Browns take Allen (all media hype imo), Giants will take Darnold.

- They are not trading down.
    - They are taking a QB.
    - They LOVE Josh Allen.
    - Rosen is out of consideration. Chubb and Barkley are more likely picks than Rosen.

Point blank. It's really that simple.

How do you KNOW?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
        If Browns take Darnold, Giants will take Allen (this is the most likely scenario. I'm 90% sure)

- They are taking a QB.
        - They LOVE Josh Allen.
        - Rosen is out of consideration. Chubb and Barkley are more likely picks than Rosen.

And how can you possibly KNOW this?

Comment

That’s the way I envision things going as well. But at the same time, I do believe Gettleman’s consciously driving up the price for a potential trade down with his effusive praise of Barkley. I can only think he’d have an open mind about someone offering a Ricky Williams style bounty to trade up. This is the way I’d be approaching things anyway.

Comment

- They are taking a QB.
            - They LOVE Josh Allen.

Oh yea, u got insider info????

Who is to say they are NOT trading down, ARE taking a qb, or LOVE Allen??? All speculation my dude

I HOPE we dont take Allen at 2..... Maybe in the 2nd, but DEF not at 2
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

1- Darnold...
              .....If the Browns take Darnold.....
              2- .Barkley.....
              .....OR.....
              3- Trade Down
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Bwahahahahaha...favorite movie of all time! Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

We are pick #2 and only have 1 team ahead of us to deal with and there are still a ton of possibilities. Let's look at the possible outcomes.

Option 1:We love two QB. The Browns take one, we take the other one.
                  Option 2: We love one QB, the Browns don't take him. We take him.
                  Option 3: We love one QB, the Browns take him. We move to option 4, 5, 6 ect.
                  ----All options below here assume we don't like a QB or he was picked by the Browns----
                  Option 4: We love one non-QB. We take him (Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitz all possible).
                  Option 5: We love several non-QBs. We get a trade offer from the Browns (doubtful) or the Broncos. We trade to #4 or #5 and take the stud left for us.
                  Option 6: We don't love any single prospect, but think the top half of the draft is stacked with great talent. We make a trade with Buffalo for a king's ransom and #12 pick assuming they want the trade.

The problem is we don't know what Gettleman thinks of these prospects or what his vision is for the team he wants to build. There should be an option listed for all possible thoughts he has.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

- They are taking a QB.
                    - They LOVE Josh Allen.

Do you suffer from delusions that you are a General Manager? Just curious because if it was that simple and you already know what will be done we might as well all log out and stop talking about the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                      We are pick #2 and only have 1 team ahead of us to deal with and there are still a ton of possibilities. Let's look at the possible outcomes.

----All options below here assume we don't like a QB or he was picked by the Browns----
                      Option 4: We love one non-QB. We take him (Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitz all possible).
                      Option 5: We love several non-QBs. We get a trade offer from the Browns (doubtful) or the Broncos. We trade to #4 or #5 and take the stud left for us.
                      Option 6: We don't love any single prospect, but think the top half of the draft is stacked with great talent. We make a trade with Buffalo for a king's ransom and #12 pick assuming they want the trade.

The problem is we don't know what Gettleman thinks of these prospects or what his vision is for the team he wants to build. There should be an option listed for all possible thoughts he has.
                      This is very well thought out...I am really hoping for option 5 and I think they should trade back and even just settle for a 2nd rd pick at worst...get a guy we love and a 2nd? a bargain for those teams, too, and we can't go wrong

Comment

I'm watching some Josh Allen videos. This guy looks like another top quarterback in this years draft. If the Giants don't draft a quarterback this season. It's a really back sign for the Giants organization. They will be picking top 5 for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

In in one single post, the draft section forum was closed down.....damn you Mike
                          Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

according to total access last night, the rumor mill had us either taking Darnold if the Brown's don't, or trading down with the Bills. Supposedly the framework of a deal is already in place...Today is Thursday, i wonder what the rumor du jour will be?

Comment

Originally posted by BLUEWAVERIDER View Post
                              This is very well thought out...I am really hoping for option 5 and I think they should trade back and even just settle for a 2nd rd pick at worst...get a guy we love and a 2nd? a bargain for those teams, too, and we can't go wrong
                              That is the option I favor the most as well. I think if 3 QBs go and we get extra picks plus either Nelson or Barkley it would be amazing. Will be fun to see what happens.

Originally posted by Aris View Post

In in one single post, the draft section forum was closed down.....damn you Mike
                              Haha my bad. We all have our own ideas of what is best and they all basically break down into one of those options. I just want to get an amazing player out of this draft and I don't care what position he plays. In 5 years if this guy is at the top of his position it'll be worth it.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X