The NFL Draft is very very simple for the Giants at this point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    So just listened to Jordan's podcast with Chris Canty. Nowhere does he say the "Giants" coaches love Allen. He said coaches in general like him due to the projection of physical traits. Any reported Allen interest is simply to raise more interest in our pick if we decide to move back. Gettleman, our tape junkie GM will not take Allen.
    Periscope
    https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/sta...090891265?s=19

Giants coaches

Comment

Allen is the pick.

book it.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
        Allen is the pick.

book it.
        Don't get me wrong I like Marcus Allen. Adding depth to our safeties would be a plus. But I think he will be available at pick 108 . IMO a stretch pick at #2.
        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Don't get me wrong I like Marcus Allen. Adding depth to our safeties would be a plus. But I think he will be available at pick 108 . IMO a stretch pick at #2.
            I always thought Marcus Allen was a RB
            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

I always thought Marcus Allen was a RB
              Same guy but he's back as a safety. Played for Penn State. He is the godson of Curtis Martin.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marcus...8-066a128fa16f

The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

The reincarnation of Marcus Allen
                Long Live the King

Comment

So just listened to Jordan's podcast with Chris Canty. Nowhere does he say the "Giants" coaches love Allen. He said coaches in general like him due to the projection of physical traits. Any reported Allen interest is simply to raise more interest in our pick if we decide to move back. Gettleman, our tape junkie GM will not take Allen.
                  I like Allen but would be surprised if Getttleman picks him at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    We are pick #2 and only have 1 team ahead of us to deal with and there are still a ton of possibilities. Let's look at the possible outcomes.

Option 1:We love two QB. The Browns take one, we take the other one.
                    Option 2: We love one QB, the Browns don't take him. We take him.
                    Option 3: We love one QB, the Browns take him. We move to option 4, 5, 6 ect.
                    ----All options below here assume we don't like a QB or he was picked by the Browns----
                    Option 4: We love one non-QB. We take him (Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitz all possible).
                    Option 5: We love several non-QBs. We get a trade offer from the Browns (doubtful) or the Broncos. We trade to #4 or #5 and take the stud left for us.
                    Option 6: We don't love any single prospect, but think the top half of the draft is stacked with great talent. We make a trade with Buffalo for a king's ransom and #12 pick assuming they want the trade.

The problem is we don't know what Gettleman thinks of these prospects or what his vision is for the team he wants to build. There should be an option listed for all possible thoughts he has.
                    unfortunately the QB the Giants love is Eli and we are stuck with him for 2 years. UNLESS !!!!! all the 'Eli has at least 2 years left' talk is total BS and we are ready to bench /cut Eli sooner than the Giants are leading everyone else to believe....I'm hoping for the latter and hope we do take a QB

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I like Allen but would be surprised if Getttleman picks him at #2.
                      If he does, get ready for the mid 90's Giants returning with Dave Brown, Kanell and Kent Graham at the helm. He is terrible. Luckily, I dont think he is in the conversation.

Comment

If he does, get ready for the mid 90's Giants returning with Dave Brown, Kanell and Kent Graham at the helm. He is terrible. Luckily, I dont think he is in the conversation.
                        Me personally I feel that way about 5 of the top 6 QBs in this draft. Maybe Darnold, I am not impressed with him either. He is the best of a class I have serious doubts about.

Comment

One of the biggest reasons I dont think they take him is they already have his clone on the roster. In Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

One of the biggest reasons I dont think they take him is they already have his clone on the roster. In Webb.
                            I agree they are very close in terms of play style and traits.

Comment

I'm not an allen supporter either. but tdawg. Chris simms said when he watched allens film 1. there was never a WR open for him. 2. he had to scramble on like a million plays because his oline was so bad. 3. that team was 8 -2 with allen in there and like 2-8 without him or something like that. 4. also. he is clearly improved since the season ended by all accounts, especially daniel jeremiah who keeps saying hes never seen anyone improve post season as much as allen apparently has.

A Is all of that true?

B. If it is true, does that sway your opinion at all?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

I'm not an allen supporter either. but tdawg. Chris simms said when he watched allens film 1. there was never a WR open for him. 2. he had to scramble on like a million plays because his oline was so bad. 3. that team was 8 -2 with allen in there and like 2-8 without him or something like that. 4. also. he is clearly improved since the season ended by all accounts, especially daniel jeremiah who keeps saying hes never seen anyone improve post season as much as allen apparently has.

A Is all of that true?

B. If it is true, does that sway your opinion at all?

Just curious.
                                I saw Simms report on Allen and no thats not entirely true. Sure, he had bad skill players. But he was also going up against bad defenses. A guy with his supposed tools and thats being mentioned as a top pick candidate should be able to raise the level of play for everyone around him. He did not. He threw for less than 100 yards vs Hawaii...a team that gave up 250 pass yards a game. I dont care how bad your team is that's unacceptable. Lets take for example San Jose State who was probably the worst team in all of college football last year. Their QB Montel Aaron (a freshman) threw for 322 and 2 TDs against Hawaii.

And sure his footwork has improved with absolutely no defense in front of him. Lets get him on an NFL field and see how good his footwork is. My opinion of Allen will not be swayed in any way. He is complete fools gold and the team that takes him will be looking for another QB in 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X