Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bills and Giants could have the framework for a Draft Day Trade in place...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
    Here is the draft capital that the Bills own......They will probably suck regardless of getting a QB, so we need to get their 2019 1st rounder...

Round 1: Pick No. 12

Round 1: Pick No. 22

Round 2: Pick No. 53

Round 2: Pick No. 56

Round 3: Pick No. 1

Round 3: Pick No. 96

Round 4: Pick No. 121

Round 5: Pick No. 166
    Fixed the above for you. First pick of the first round for the Bills is #12 since they made a trade with the Bengals to move up. They do still own their #22 pick as well. There are some other later round changes as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/order

As far as a trade with the Giants, I don't like the idea of moving all the way back to 12. Doubt they get what they need at that spot. Maybe getting both of Buffalo's picks and some other picks would be enough to contribute towards a trade far enough up from 12 to get a player they covet but don't necessarily think they should be forced to pick the player at 2? Something like #12 and a later round 2018 Bills pick they'd receive and also a first they might get from the Bills for the 2019 draft to move back up to #4, #5 or even #6.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 04-12-2018, 04:09 PM.
    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDee View Post
      There has been a lot of very deep , thoughtful , impressive analysis on this forum about different trade down scenarios. However, at the end of the day, remember the last two times we've been in this situation before where we can get this high a pick, we got LT and Eli. Those two players are not the only reason we won 4 Super bowls but I feel they're the main reason we have our 4 Super Bowls. There may be more value than is realized within the top 5 picks....
      Very nicely stated and an excellent point. No matter how you feel we should think very hard before trading out of the #2 position. Tough call to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

Me either but do the Bills have any 1st rd picks high enough to draft anyone that we really want?
        Supposedly they're making another trade first for the #6 which we would get and the #22 this year and their first next year which knowing them will prob be a high pick.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

Supposedly they're making another trade first for the #6 which we would get and the #22 this year and their first next year which knowing them will prob be a high pick.
          Yes this was what I was thinking or something along those lines per my last reply above.
          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Fixed the above for you. First pick of the first round for the Bills is #12 since they made a trade with the Bengals to move up. They do still own their #22 pick as well. There are some other later round changes as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/order

As far as a trade with the Giants, I don't like the idea of moving all the way back to 12. Doubt they get what they need at that spot. Maybe getting both of Buffalo's picks and some other picks would be enough to contribute towards a trade far enough up from 12 to get a player they covet but don't necessarily think they should be forced to pick the player at 2? Something like #12 and a later round 2018 Bills pick they'd receive and also a first they might get from the Bills for the 2019 draft to move back up to #4, #5 or even #6.
            They would make a move to acquire the #6 first and we'd get that. That's only moving back 4 spots for us.

Comment

Ah ok, thanks ny...

Comment

They would make a move to acquire the #6 first and we'd get that. That's only moving back 4 spots for us.
                Yup exactly. This is going to be a wild draft, I can't wait. Really the biggest issue here is that the Browns have 2 picks in the top 4. I am not sure if that is unprecedented or not but what it does is leave everyone completely in the dark about what to expect because the Browns could pick anybody at #1 and it will drive the entire draft. Usually that is not the case unless a team does something no one is expecting with the #1 pick. It is typically an easy foregone conclusion what the #1 pick will be weeks if not months in advance of the NFL draft. This for the first time in a long time is just not the case and won't be barring some massive leak by the media that makes what the #1 selection will be a guarantee. I am very excited to see how this all unfolds. Will be high drama for sure.
                Last edited by repeatchamps; 04-12-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                  ....because no way a blockbuster trade could be made within the time between picks
                  Obviously you've never seen Draft Day which is the most accurate portrayal of NFL War Rooms and clearly represents how deals get done in today's day and age....

Comment

Yup exactly. This is going to be a wild draft, I can't wait. Really the biggest issue here is that the Browns have 2 picks in the top 4. I am not sure if that is unprecedented or not but what it does is leave everyone completely in the dark about what to expect because the Browns could pick anybody at #1 and it will drive the entire draft. Usually that is not the case unless a team does something no one is expecting with the #1 pick. It is typically an easy foregone conclusion what the #1 pick will be weeks if not months in advance of the NFL draft. This for the first time in a long time is just not the case and won't be barring some massive leak by the media that makes what the #1 selection will be a guarantee. I am very excited to see how this all unfolds. Will be high drama for sure.
                    or it could be a very boring top 5 picks. QB, QB, QB Barkley chubb or nelson, QB. and all the talk will have been wasted speculation LOL

Comment

Yeah a lot of times the #1 picking team will even announce it to the world weeks before. This is a strange yet hopefully exciting draft.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        I'm hoping that if Darnold isn't there at #2, all trade options are on the table
                        I really wasn't impressed with Darnold. I don't know why the hype is so high around the guy. I saw a guy that held the ball too long and forced a good amount of his throws. I'm no scout but I really hope he doesn't end up a Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post
                          Because they are only guessing. Nobody knows but Gettleman.
                          refreshing isn't it the whole league is guessing at what the Giants might do,far cry from the past,the media is even confused lol.

Comment

pretty exciting watch the Browns go Barkely#1 and hope for Allen to fall to 4 just having fun with it.

Comment

If we got the buffalo 1st rounders and a most likely high 1st rounder next year...and any other picks it would be silly not to take the trade. Draft a QB next year if eli plans to retire. Get a veteran QB like a Kurt Warner in FA next season. The idea of mentoring is stupid....in my humble opinion.

this still needs to be a win now mentality sure...but with 3 first round picks in the next 2 drafts...I'd imagine you can build on that for the future.

Comment

For the record if they take a QB at 2...I'm good with Allen but won't cry about Rosen. Rosen is kind of an ******* and I appreciate that.

just no darnold or barkley...

Comment

Working...
                                X