Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Baker Mayfield Look Similar to Russel Wilson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Baker Mayfield Look Similar to Russel Wilson?

There are times he reminds me of him they way he handles himself in the pocket. The way he throws on the run and extends plays.
    Just wondering if we have any experts on the subject.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

I can see it from watching Mayfieldís highlights. Heís looking downfield but also quick and mobile in the pocket. Iím pretty sure Wilsonís a better athlete though. I do like Mayfieldís game but he just strikes me as really immature. Maybe Eliís unflappability has set my expectations that way.

Comment

Mayfield doesn't have the arm strength or the absurdly high release point that Wilson has.

SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
        Mayfield doesn't have the arm strength or the absurdly high release point that Wilson has.
        Agreed, Wilsonís release and arm talent are incredible for a guy his size. He also thows a great deep ball.

Comment

Wilson has huge hands and is much faster. Donít really see the comparison other than height

Comment

Wilson's throwing motion is somewhat unique in how high he releases the ball. Mayfield does not have this.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
              He also didn't play under center in college. Wilsons release point is that of a QB who is 6'3"-6'4"
              Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-13-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Baker= Johnny football maybe

Comment

Working...
                X